Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 09-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #31
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I love how the press ate him alive today. I cant stand this guy
No doubt. Hey Donovan, ever wonder why QBs like yourself get paid a LOT more than everybody else on the team? This is part of the reason. Don't want the criticism? PLAY BETTER.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #32
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Mcnabb loves using that race card. What a crock of sh!t. He is under more pressure because he plays in philly.
Exactly. In the NFL it's never a matter of race. If you are getting booed and bugged about how you are doing, it's your fault.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #33
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

I by no means am a brady fan. I think he's a big homo in all. But I would argue up and down that mcnabb has been surounded by more talent then tom brady ever was.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #34
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

Hmmm... I am pretty much on the same page as a lot of folks here. I live in Allentown, PA about an hour north of Phili. In fact, Bethlehem, the city next to A-town is where Lehigh college is (Eagles' training camp). This is Eagles' country out here...Even the fans out here think this is a joke for him to be saying this...

For me, he's right...Manning and Brady don't get criticized as much...of course, that's probably because they're better.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #35
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
Hmmm... I am pretty much on the same page as a lot of folks here. I live in Allentown, PA about an hour north of Phili. In fact, Bethlehem, the city next to A-town is where Lehigh college is (Eagles' training camp). This is Eagles' country out here...Even the fans out here think this is a joke for him to be saying it...

For me, he's right...Manning and Brady don't get criticized...because they're better.
exactly. If Mcscrub wants to be in the same tier as Manning and brady I think he needs to get a lombardi trophy or two in his trophy case
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #36
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Donovan McNabb has never been surrounded by the offensive talent that Brady or Manning has. Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional. Although I think McNabb can be a little sensitive he isnt too far off with his comments.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #37
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
Donovan McNabb has never been surrounded by the offensive talent that Brady or Manning has. Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional. Although I think McNabb can be a little sensitive he isnt too far off with his comments.
Sorry, I think he is way off with his comments in regards to race. All QBs are subject to criticism, it comes with the territory - if their teams lose, they generally get too much of the blame across the board, and when they win, they get too much credit across the board. In the NFL, if a guy has what it takes to play the position and excel, he plays that position - regardless of whether he's white, black, yellow, red or purple. I guess McNair being named co-NFL MVP back in '03 along with Manning was racism? Like revefsreleets said in an earlier post, this would have been a legitimate argument 20 years ago. It doesn't fly now.

Last edited by fansince'76; 09-19-2007 at 04:46 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #38
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Donovan McNabb has never been surrounded by the offensive talent that Brady or Manning has.
annnnnnd , thats the reason for phillys lack of sb wins??? was 2nd year ben roethlisburgher surrounded by talent when he won the sb??? sorry, try again...

Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional. Although I think McNabb can be a little sensitive he isnt too far off with his comments.
how about telling us why you think so....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #39
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Ok.

How about naming some of this stellar talent that Brady has had at his disposal?

Westbrook remains one of the elite two way threats in the backfield.

Let me throw some names at you regarding Brady's 'surrounding talent' - Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Antowain Smith, David Givens, David Patten, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Donald Hayes.....

Not many HOFers there, right?

Some decent players -sure, but those that have left have totally failed to repeat their output elsewhere.

I think McNabb is an okay guy from what I can tell, but the enduring image I have of him from the SB was of him puking into his helmet and walking slowly to the line while the clock ticked to zero on Phily's chance of tying the game.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #40
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,015 Times in 3,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

Let me throw some names at you regarding Brady's 'surrounding talent' - Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Antowain Smith, David Givens, David Patten, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Donald Hayes.....

Not many HOFers there, right?

great point litp. one would think the patriots would need mega doses of juice, and defensive plays constantly called into brady's headset to overcome that group of vagabonds.

....but since that isnt the case, brady is truly a great qb.

anyways, i watched the JB interview with mccnabb. no biggie. didnt someone make the point of condoleeza rice's new book "twice as good" (or whatever)?