Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #31
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: It's official: Ben out 1-2 weeks

My advice to Ben would be to play at about 10 to 12 pounds under what he's at now.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #32
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

deffinitely this couldn't have happened at a better time.. After watching his non moving performance against the Ravens i'm happy to see him getting this taken care of.. It just didn't look like good ol Rothy out there especially when the pocket was collapsing.. As for Batch.. I have complete confidence in him and know he's been just waiting for his opportunity to start.. He's still got some good football in him and he'll show that come Sunday.. Also.. he's got plenty of experience against the Packers.. of all the qb's to have to face them he's at least got that behind him.. And last but not least there's no way in hell he could possibly play as bad as Maddox did against the Jags so even if we lose i'm sure it will be more graceful than that.. But I haven't a doubt in my mind that Batch will step up to the plate..
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #33
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
My advice to Ben would be to play at about 10 to 12 pounds under what he's at now.
HE needs to hit the weight room, there was a thread the other day talking about how ben is a "big" boy and looked chubby at camp.
would be benificail for him to take training a bit more serious
Old 11-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #34
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,109 Times in 2,814 Posts

With regard to Ben's workout habits, the link to this story from the 2004 mid-season indicates the Steelers have been working with Ben on conditioning.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...6/workout1122/

Given that I doubt Ben's training table consists exclusively of Hostess Ho-Hos and Heineken, I attribute his knee injuries not to poor conditioning but to being a young physical player who knowingly gets in harm's way more often than the Tommy Guns of the world (e.g. - when Ben banged up his knee in the first half and Phil Simmms thought Ben could not continue in the Dallas game last year) and guts it out when other players would sit it out (see - e.g. - Michael Vick). And a lot of it is luck - Brett Favre has never been confused with Jerry Rice in terms of workout regimens but Favre has an unbelieveable record of consecutive starts.

If someone needs to worry about better conditioning it is whomever is responsibile for the turf at Heinz Cow Pasture. Players were coming up with chunks of turf on their helmets Monday night and Ben said he injured his knee whan a cleat caught in that terrible turf. That field is an annual disgrace and an accident waiting to ruin the careers of players in which the Steelers and other NFL teams haved invested millions of dollars.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,659 Times in 2,889 Posts

well said atlanta dan. bens conditionning had nothing to do with the way he was hit in san diego. in fact his conditionning and youth is probably why he only missed one game. it might be a year ending injury for grossman or boller (or even those qb's who arent used to getting hit). he may only miss 1 week with arthroscopic surgery. thats pretty amazing for a qb. even if he misses 2. it usually takes 3-4 weeks for most players.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:49 PM   #36
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

This was in the Post, thought it was cool...