Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #21
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Member Number: 6622
Default Re: Hawaii Football Thread

and yea the defense is going to be working hard at practice.

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:49 AM   #22
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Pono...do the right thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i think i have enough people to start a hawaii football thread. this is a place where the few of the hawaii fans can finally talk together about hawaii's season.

i know there are a couple of people who actually live in hawaii by any chance did any1 go to the game

i was wondering who took ian sample spot in the starting lineup. i heard it was either goin to be malcolm lane or cj hawthorne but i never heard for sure
This thread would be dead if it were June Jones alone promoting in Steeler Country.

But the die hard Steeler contingency here (on Maui) are seeds from trees rooted in Mt. Lebo, North Hills, Moon, Upper St. Clair, Ross, Fox Chapel and vicinity.

I dunno. But seeing a token football program evolve into a viable third tier program happened when Jones switched to the aloha shirts. Jones has always reminded me of Ted Tollner -the wrong guy at the wrong time.

And now that his 'sabbatical' in paradise has manifested into a quasi second tier program with a preseason distant Heisman runner-up, this thread is nothing short of well...pono.

IMHO Colt has no chance. Usually anything east of the Mississippi is a novelty in football terms. I'm still shocked that Carson Palmer got the nod.

Here's the HUGE but though. Just read the headlines. It seems that the demise is now EAST of the Mississippi. And since I don't see a viable candidate at USC...

all I can say is "GO COLT!" (not Colts)
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #23
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Brennan sets record, utilizes legs in Hawaii rout

Sep. 16, 2007
CBSSports.com wire reports

LAS VEGAS -- Colt Brennan has rewritten the NCAA record book with his arm.

He used his legs against UNLV.

Playing on a sore right ankle, Brennan ran for three touchdowns and threw for two more to lead 24th-ranked Hawaii to an easy 49-14 victory over UNLV on Saturday night.

Brennan completed 26-of-32 passes for 298 yards in three quarters, setting an NCAA record by passing for more than 200 yards for the 29th straight time. He said he tweaked his ankle Friday during a light workout and that's why he called it an early night.

Hawaii (3-0) cleared a minor hurdle in what it hopes will be a journey to a Bowl Championship Series game.

The Warriors may have needed an impressive victory. They dropped four rungs in the Associated Press Top 25 after holding off Louisiana Tech in overtime a week ago.

Hawaii's supporters, many of whom flocked to the desert, will note that UNLV (1-2) threw a scare into then-No. 5 Wisconsin on the same field last week.

The Warriors completed a two-game, 12-day road trip that began in Ruston, La. Instead of making the long and costly journey back to the islands, Hawaii spent last week in Houston, practicing at Rice University.

Early on, the Warriors appeared a little weary. After the Hawaii offense uncharacteristically went three-and-out on its first possession, the Rebels jumped ahead 7-0 with a 13-play, 79-yard march. Travis Dixon hit Frank Summers for a 4-yard touchdown.

Hawaii dominated from that point on.

The Warriors responded with an 11-play, 67-yard drive led by Brennan, who went 5-for-5 for 45 yards and scored on a 1-yard sneak. Four minutes later, Brennan sneaked in from a yard out to make it 14-7.

Brennan's 13-yard pass to Ryan Grice-Mullen made it 21-7 midway through the second quarter.

Hawaii's defense has been derided, but it shut down the Rebels and redshirt freshman quarterback Travis Dixon after UNLV's opening drive. Midway through the third quarter, Hawaii cornerback Ryan Mouton intercepted a Dixon pass and returned it 40 yards for a touchdown.

Brennan scored his third touchdown on a 3-yard option keeper to put the Warriors ahead 28-7 early in the third quarter.

Brennan hit Jason Rivers for a 1-yard score to give Hawaii a 35-7 lead late in the third quarter.

Hawaii coach June Jones removed Brennan after three quarters, two yards shy of extending his streak of 14 straight games with at least 300 passing yards.

Hawaii will play host to Charleston Southern, a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as Division I-AA. The Warriors make only three more regular-season trips to the mainland -- at Idaho Sept. 29, at San Jose State Oct. 12 and at Nevada Nov. 16.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #24
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

i have heard some rumors that jason rivers might be losing his starting job to malcolm lane any1 hear that too?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #25
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i have heard some rumors that jason rivers might be losing his starting job to malcolm lane any1 hear that too?
I never heard about that. But I wouldn't be surprised. Rivers hasn't been doing too well, and Lane is stepping up.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #26
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

wow the two times ive seen brennan this year he has been a little off. defense played real good and u might acutually say that their won that game for the warriors (never thought i would say that) brennan looked really rusty from not playing or even practicing the last week or so. i was not impressed with malcolm lane. he played a little better when their moved him to right receiver but his only good play was the touchdown and that was a perfect throw from brennan. if rivers was hurt than why did he suit up?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #27
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Brennan got hurt last night. But Graunke stepped up and made some big plays. Rivers got a touchdown. And so did Lane. So all in all it was a pretty good game. Special teams and the defense need a little more work. I just hope Colt gets better.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #28
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

i was up when their did the breaking news and the worst things possibly goes throug my mind. but i guess he came back for a little in the second half. hope he is good to go for fridays game at san jose state which is on espn thank god.

i also noticed that hawaii dropped to 16 in the polls which is of course BS.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #29
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

According to everyone, Hawaii is nothing. So i'm not surprised by them dropping or staying the same. But oh well, as long as they keep winning, the polls mean nothing to me. It's all crap anyways. But I think Colt should be good to go by the next game. Just needs to be more careful.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #30
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

less than two hours till the game cant wait. saw PTI and wilbon and lebatard says no less than 500 yards for brennan. cant say i really agree with colt going up against dwight lowery but i think if the ankle doesnt bother him than he will get 400 and 4 or 5 TDs.