Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083
Default What the 'experts' say

A nice little piece from FOX Sports:-

Apologies if this has already been posted...I did look but couldn't see it...honest

Pittsburgh Steelers
What have they shown us in Weeks 1 and 2? Complete dominance on both sides of the ball. In two weeks, Pittsburgh has outscored Cleveland and Buffalo, 60-10. Last Sunday's effort was especially impressive as the Mike Tomlin and Dick LeBeau defense didn't give an inch. The Steelers' No. 1-rated defense wrapped up the game in the first two quarters as Pittsburgh outgained the Bills, 239-50. With a few minutes left in the third quarter, J.P. Losman's stat line read as follows: two completions, five yards. Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson fared no better in Week 1. The Steelers have put on two absolutely awe-inspiring defensive performances.

Most Pleasant Surprise: The seamless transition from the Cowher era to the Tomlin era. Sure, it helps that Dick LeBeau is still running the defense and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has been on staff as the wide receivers coach since 2004. But the losses of Cowher to retirement as well as offensive masterminds Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm to Arizona were expected to sting the Steelers at the start of 2007. That hasn't been the case. The Steelers have not only failed to miss a beat, but they look far better than they did in their sluggish 8-8 season in '06.

Potential Question Mark: The Bills and Browns aren't exactly the Chargers and Patriots. Maybe we should wait a few more weeks before crowning the Steelers kings.

What's Up Ahead? The next few weeks should give us a much better idea about the Steelers. Pittsburgh's next six games: San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle, at Denver, at Cincinnati, Baltimore. If they can win four of six, the Steelers should be in good shape entering the final two months.

Board This Bandwagon? Hey, defense wins championships. And between LeBeau and Tomlin, you have two of the most respected defensive minds in the entire league. Pittsburgh's legit. And if you don't mind being known as one of those Terrible Towel-waving Steeler fans, this could be the right train to jump on in '07.

I love that 2 completions, five yards.....in the third quarter. Awesome.

Anyways...off to NFL Field pass....the only way I can 'see' the game Have a good one all....and GO Steelers.
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote