Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Hines??

I read that he possibly has a bone bruise on his leg. Any news?
We can't afford for Ben to lose another target. I'm hoping Spaeth will be back next week.

I like how Ben is spreading the love around.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572
Default Re: Hines??

I wouldn't be surprised considering the pounding he took today...he was smacked over the middle at least 3x's....
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Notes: Ward left the game with a bone bruise. Sepulveda replaced Ward on the “hands-team” for an on-side kickoff late in the game and recovered.
http://news.steelers.com/article/82039/
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 09-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

i just heard that hines would probably be held out of practice for a few days, but may play on sunday..we cant afford to lose him since we are playing the cards

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

from my google email alerts....... http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...qMks1UVwYU3jew

Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward leaves game with bone bruise
1 hour ago

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward bruised a leg bone while absorbing a hard hit from San Francisco safety Mark Roman in the third quarter Sunday and left the game.

The Steelers did not announce Ward's injury until the game ended, but Ward was not seen on the field during the fourth quarter. He was spotted leaving the Steelers' locker-room, in street clothes, with about two minutes remaining and did not talk with reporters.

After the game, doctors were seen showing X-rays of Ward's leg to team officials, but no further information about the injury was disclosed. Normally, coach Mike Tomlin does not offer injury updates following his post-game news conference until his weekly Tuesday news conference.

Ward was hurt after being the intended receiver on two consecutive plays on a drive that ended with a Jeff Reed 36-yard field goal, putting them up 17-6 in a game they won 37-16.

On a third-and-10 play from the 49ers 18, Ward couldn't make the catch of Ben Roethlisberger's short pass that sailed wide. Ward was immediately levelled by Roman, but got up quickly and there was no apparent sign of an injury.

Ward ended the game with one catch for two yards and a seven-yard run. Ward, a four-time Pro Bowl receiver, has nine catches in three games this season and 657 in his career, the most in Steelers history.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

well if hines goes down then i guess holmes will really have to step up his game and be a bad dude

or just put the punter in hines place.. i am sure the other guy covering him would be like i have to cover this big dude.. he will lay me out and score on me ..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Not too worried about Holmes if Ward is out but whoever is going to play the flanker spot does concern me. Washington is still playing inconsistantly and Wilson seems to me to be no more than a number four reciever.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,111 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
Not too worried about Holmes if Ward is out but whoever is going to play the flanker spot does concern me. Washington is still playing inconsistantly and Wilson seems to me to be no more than a number four reciever.
IMO Willie Reid gets perhaps his last shot as a Steeler next week
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977

Hope Jay Glazer knows what he's talking about.

Steelers | Ward injured Week 3, should be fine for Week 4
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:30:02 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Hines Ward (leg) left the team's Week 3 game with a bone bruise in his leg. He should be fine for Week 4.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #10
Busforever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1065

I think Cedric Wilson could play FL if Ward is injured. I always felt that this guy was underrated. Wilson just needs more playing time to step up IMHO. He doesn't miss what is thrown to him and he faced top CBs when he played in San Francisco and was the n?1 guy.

Anyway we will lost a great blocker if Ward can't play, whoever replaces him. It could affect Parker's outside rushes.