Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,672 Posts
Default Bengals Circling The Drain?

I watched most of the Seahawks-Bengals game, which was a tough loss for reasons including the Seahawks getting the benefit of a botched call on the last drive on a batted pass that Hasselbeck caught and/or fumbled but which was ruled incomplete. Defense actually played fairly well.

The Bengals now face the Pats at home next Monday night. Although the schedule then loosens up with the Chiefs on the road and the Jets at home before the Steelers visit in late October, IMO this team may be close to panic if it goes to 1-3 next week.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,413 Times in 1,651 Posts
Default Re: Bengals Circling The Drain?

Panic or the dead quivers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I watched most of the Seahawks-Bengals game, which was a tough loss for reasons including the Seahawks getting the benefit of a botched call on the last drive on a batted pass that Hasselbeck caught and/or fumbled but which was ruled incomplete. Defense actually played fairly well.

The Bengals now face the Pats at home next Monday night. Although the schedule then loosens up with the Chiefs on the road and the Jets at home before the Steelers visit in late October, IMO this team may be close to panic if it goes to 1-3 next week.
well...we all know that Holmgren cant abide bad calls....I am sure that he has petitioned the league to review the call and filed an official protest as to the games outcome.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals win that game. I'm getting a little tired of the "invincible" talk, and a Bengals win next week would go a long way towards shutting it up.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Defense actually played fairly well.
I don't see why not. That defense certainly couldn't play any worse after last week. It's not that hard to improve on a defensive performance that reeked with as much suckitude as that one.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals win that game. I'm getting a little tired of the "invincible" talk, and a Bengals win next week would go a long way towards shutting it up.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .........
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
SteelFist
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 84

Lets just flush them down into the sewer and be done with it.

"That guy across from me, he has to do one or two things, either raise his level of play or get his a-- kicked all day" - Greg Lloyd
SteelFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I don't see why not. That defense certainly couldn't play any worse after last week. It's not that hard to improve on a defensive performance that reeked with as much suckitude as that one.
I agree after the Browns game the defense had nowhere to go but up, but it was a good second half perfomance not just in comparison to the week before, at least until the last drive that gave up the winning TD (that probably would have died if the "incomplete" pass Hassslebeck caught would have been ruled either a catch with a 10 yard loss or a fumble).

FWIW Shawn Alexander is exhibiting the dangers of signing a RB in his late 20s to a big contract - he looks beat up 3 games into the season.

I agree the Pats-Bengals game next week will further confirm how great this Pats team may be - the Jets and Bills are no world beaters and the Chargers thrashing may not be teh feat it initially appeared to be. Pats are playing very well but the talk of going undeferated is a bit early.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
I agree after the Browns game the defense had nowhere to go but up, but it was a good second half perfomance not just in comparison to the week before, at least until the last drive that gave up the winning TD (that probably would have died if the "incomplete" pass Hassslebeck caught would have been ruled either a catch with a 10 yard loss or a fumble).

FWIW Shawn Alexander is exhibiting the dangers of signing a RB in his late 20s to a big contract - he looks beat up 3 games into the season.

I agree the Pats-Bengals game next week will further confirm how great this Pats team may be - the Jets and Bills are no world beaters and the Chargers thrashing may not be teh feat it initially appeared to be. Pats are playing very well but the talk of going undeferated is a bit early.
So with the Jets and the Chargers being written off after 3 games, I have to ask again - just who is any good in the AFC these days?

Rather than look at the Chargers loss to the Patriots as simply further confirmation of a team on a downward spiral - it could be looked at as the game that caused the downward spiral.

Despite not playing great ball against he Bears, they still won - the walloping by New England has surely increased whatever fears were lurking about the new coach.

The Colts have been pretty decent so far, the Ravens don't look that good, KC is history, The Bronco's have limped past poor opposition and relied on alot of luck.

Outside of Pittsburgh, and their weak opening schedule, who should we be looking at to truly test the Patriots - or will every team that gets beaten be written of as no-hopers?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I think that teams get better or worse as the season progresses. The team that will beat you in week 3 might not have a chance in week 11. Look at Pittsburgh, 2005.

This is where the cream rises, or doesn't. The Bengals might pull it together (I don't think they will; look for 7-9). The Eagles might pull it together (they will; 10-6). Denver and San Diego will, San Fran will, the Jets, Giants, they won't.

Or, I might get surprised. After all, that is why they play out the rest of the season, isn't it? They don't end horse races at the 1/8th pole, after all.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote