Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #21
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Chargers On a Down Spiral....

[QUOTE=Livinginthe past;299531]I don't see us getting as dysfunctional as the Raiders were for the last couple of years - even though they appear to be headed in the right direction , they were basically a blocked FG from losing to the worst team in the league and hitting 0-3.

I don't think its possible for any team to be as dysfuctional as the Raiders have been over the past couple of years.

You're right, the game should have never been as close as it was with all the opportunities we had to crush them. Like I said, there is still much work to do... but I will take this team over last year's any day.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The West is awful. SD is the class of the division, and they've been exposed. Denver barely beat the Raiders and horrible Bills. KC is a joke. I'm telling you, this could be the first division ever where the "champ" is 6-10. The Raiders have a real shot at this.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #23
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

Firing Marty after a 14-2 season was rather odd, letting Marty's staff go was very questionable, but hiring Norv Turner was just stupid. All of this AFTER the coaching carousel ended! Genius! Replacing a guy who can't win in the playoffs with a guy who can't win in the regular season and destroys every team he touches really shows the brilliance of the Chargers front office. If I were an SD fan, I'd be rather ticked right now. Fair Shot or not, The Chargers have no business starting out 1-2 with the talent that's on that team. The FO has practically set the team back years now.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #24
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

If they were gonna fire Marty, they should have just done it right after the playoff loss.

Then they would have had a great shot at Whiz, Grimm, Tomlin, etc. They could have promoted either coordinator. But no, they waited until well after every good/decent option was gone to fire Marty and then replaces him with Norv F'n Turner! This guy couldn't head coach his way out of a wet paper bag!

So what are the Chargers gonna do with their top 10 pick? Get a WR? Maybe they will actually get a DB who can cover someone.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:23 PM   #25
SteelFist
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I don't see us getting as dysfunctional as the Raiders were for the last couple of years - even though they appear to be headed in the right direction , they were basically a blocked FG from losing to the worst team in the league and hitting 0-3.
Sorry, but Cleveland is not the worst team in the league. I actually think they're a little underrated. Time will tell.

"That guy across from me, he has to do one or two things, either raise his level of play or get his a-- kicked all day" - Greg Lloyd
SteelFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFist View Post
Sorry, but Cleveland is not the worst team in the league. I actually think they're a little underrated. Time will tell.
You think that huh?

So what?

Its not BS unless you can prove something outside of a 'feeling' that they are underrated.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote:
You think that huh?

So what?

Its not BS unless you can prove something outside of a 'feeling' that they are underrated.
and what factual basis do you have to support your claim of them being the worst team in the league? 15 other teams share, or have a worse ,record than clevland at this point.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,111 Times in 2,390 Posts

It's a long season, but with their deadly combination of off the field troubles and on the field incompetence the Falcons are shaping up to be to football awfulness what the Pats and Colts are to football excellence - IMO the Falcons are the indisputable early leader for the worst team in the league
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #29
SteelFist
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 84

Quote:
You think that huh?

So what?

As I said...........Cleveland is NOT the worst team in the league. Thats fact.

Cleveland - 27
Baltimore - 13

"That guy across from me, he has to do one or two things, either raise his level of play or get his a-- kicked all day" - Greg Lloyd
SteelFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #30
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Ha ha... another loss for the mighty dolts... NORV ROCKS!!!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote