Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #11
Providence Steel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6523
Default Re: Don Banks/SI - Not All 3-0 Teams Created Equal (Steelers)

I guess the article is slanted by not mentioning that the Patriots ALSO need to play some better teams before you can get a more accurate picture of what they are made of. Having to the Play the Cowboys, Redskins, Colts, Ravens, Steelers and Giants might give us a better picture of the Patriots as well. This doesn't even mention the AFC East divisional foes that will occasionally put up a fight. (What a lousy division)
Providence Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #12
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
Nice post man. As I read the article I just didn't see the "TOUGHNESS" in the future 3 game stretch of schedule mentioned in the article. Has anyone watched the Broncos squeaking out victories against less than average opponents? How about the Ravens? Yes their defense is semi-tough but it's not nearly as good as it was last season. In the 2nd half of the Jets game you saw a 2nd year QB shred them apart. And then they mention Cincinnati, WHAT? STFU! That's certainly not going to be a tough game.
I wouldn't say the Bengals game isn't going to be tough because we allways get their best shot. Sometimes it seems like that is the only game the Bengals want to win is the games against Pittsburgh. The Ravens game makes me nervous just because they killed us both times last year. Denver doesn't make me too nervous other than that we are going to Denver and they will be looking for a little payback for AFCC game.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
but those victories came against the Charlie Frye-led Browns, the injury-decimated Bills and the offensively-challenged 49ers.

In Weeks 7-8-9, the Steelers will show us what they've got, when they draw at Denver, at Cincinnati and home against Baltimore.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Although I really don't care what the Patriots (I will on December 9) or Colts are doing nor do I really care what this guy or anybody else at ESPN has to say about this team. I'm looking at our team and our schedule. Up to this point, we have beaten the teams that we should have beaten. We will eventually be tested by the stronger teams in the league. When those days come, I personally will have a better understanding of where this team ranks.

I'm not taking anything away from the way they are playing right now. I'm not stating that they are not a good football team. I would just like to see more proof before I decide to call them an "elite" team and have them making a deep playoff run/possible Super Bowl victory in mid-September after playing the teams that we have played.

I really don't see anything wrong with that.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:17 PM   #14
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

What do the Pats have the Steelers don't? Well, they have 3 rings and 2 superbowl losses. Hmm...We have 5 rings and 1 superbowl loss.

They have Moss...we have Ward and Holmes.

They have a good defense, we have a great defense.
They have Maroney, a fast running back, we have Parker, a Faster running back.
They have a great head coach. We have Tomlin, a great Coach given a chance to be head coach. (3 pick sixes and the defensive MVP for Tampa Bay's superbowl win, Tomlin was their secondary coach.)

We are loaded with veterans, they are loaded with veterans.

Funny how this Banks guy put Denver, Cincy and Baltimore as tough games on the schedule...too bad he doesn't get it yet, our biggest game is this Sunday, vs the Cards.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote