Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #11
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: Would Cowher go to buffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
You really think Cowher would go to another team? I mean geez. everyone knew that he would get bored after a year or two with no coaching job, so why did he quit in the first place? Has it been his intention for a while you think to start with another team?
absouletly. He would still be coaching the steelers if the steelers would have given him a five year deal worth 40 million. Money and control will bring Cowher back into coaching
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The Steelers players think Cowher will end up coaching the Browns. The Browns fans themselves admit all the time they admire Cowher and wish he was their coach. Cowher whipped the Browns asses just about every time they played. He's an ex-Browns player and coach. The Browns FO would pay Cowher's ransom because, although they suck they still sell out every game and sell merchandise (and they have a new stadium with PSL and corporate loge money to spend). I would say it's a safe bet that if Cowher wants to come back, he comes back in Cleveland.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #13
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The Steelers players think Cowher will end up coaching the Browns. The Browns fans themselves admit all the time they admire Cowher and wish he was their coach. Cowher whipped the Browns asses just about every time they played. He's an ex-Browns player and coach. The Browns FO would pay Cowher's ransom because, although they suck they still sell out every game and sell merchandise (and they have a new stadium with PSL and corporate loge money to spend). I would say it's a safe bet that if Cowher wants to come back, he comes back in Cleveland.
Not to mention that soon the naming rights to the stadium will change and some dumbass corproation that will probally go bankrupt shortly after signing the contract (come on, this is Cleveland's luck we are talking about here) will be paying them a large sum of money to stick their name on the building.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #14
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
WAS......a demigod there. reality has set in.remember this is a what have you done lately league.
Precisely. Which is why the majority of Pittsburgh will turn on him in an instant when he does return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The Steelers players think Cowher will end up coaching the Browns.
I really hope this is just the players preparing themselves and the city for the worst case scenario. Not necessarily as a threatening situation, but as straight up deceit.

Cowher seems to be getting comfortable behind the desk, especially with those pearly whites that DVE can't get enough of.

If he does come back, I can honestly see the Panthers in his future, for reasons already stated. They have all the tools to go deep, but just can't consistently under Fox, which is nuts in the J.V. league.

I could respect that decision by Cowher, but just won't be able to bear seeing him in sh*t Brown looking up at, with jaw extended a 42-3 Steelers scoreboard. The Redskins? I just don't care for that francise and Snyder at all, but lord knows he'll open his wallet with a Super Bowl winning coach.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

If I was Cowher, I'd take the easy money commentating. He's really good at it, too. But the guy is a competitor, and I have a feeling that the Cleveland assignment would light that fire back up.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #16
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

First of all..
I CANT stand Cowher on the pregame show, so I hope that he gets a headcoaching job soon..

Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #17
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

OK Here goes, I would love to see him in Cleveland but I don't see it happening. I don't see Savage giving up his control to Cowher, and him coming to Cleveland not having full control. If that makes any sense at all. Cowher is a coach that wants full control, of the front office and of who is drafted, now that is Savage's area, and I do not see Savage giving that up. Unless Learner Steps in and Then all bets are off. Will Savage stay with the Browns then or will he go else where If Cowher is given full control? Wow that really opens a can of worms doesn't it?

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Nope...

You all have it ALL WRONG.

Cowher isn't going back next year, maybe not even the year after.

WHen he does go back, it will be with his favorite linebacker...

Yep..

Miami. In about 3 years. They will give him control with only one string... WIN. NOW.

He will be with Porter for the last year or two of Porter's career, but Cowher will use him like Bettis... to be a leader and mouth in the locker room.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #19
bratsinmybelly
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2703

I think it would be awesome in a terrible way to see him go to Buffalo.

I mean, can Buffalo really handle another scenario in which they get close year in and year out but can't seem to get over the hump? Sadly, that is what Cowher will bring whatever team he does decide to go with. Yes he FINALLY won a SB but we all know that game could have gone either way and was close until the 4th qtr. aside from that game, he was the epitamy of the coach who couldn't win the big one. Consistent....yes. The greatest coach ever.........hardly. this is a man who benefited a great deal from the patience that this organization has and was able to achieve a good deal of success because of it. Put him with any other team and he won't make it 5 years.
bratsinmybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Nope...

You all have it ALL WRONG.

Cowher isn't going back next year, maybe not even the year after.

WHen he does go back, it will be with his favorite linebacker...

Yep..

Miami. In about 3 years. They will give him control with only one string... WIN. NOW.

He will be with Porter for the last year or two of Porter's career, but Cowher will use him like Bettis... to be a leader and mouth in the locker room.
Miami has made some real questionable decisions in the past, but having Joey porter still on their roster in 3 years?

That would be right up their with the worst.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote