Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Would Cowher go to buffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post
OK Here goes, I would love to see him in Cleveland but I don't see it happening. I don't see Savage giving up his control to Cowher, and him coming to Cleveland not having full control. If that makes any sense at all. Cowher is a coach that wants full control, of the front office and of who is drafted, now that is Savage's area, and I do not see Savage giving that up. Unless Learner Steps in and Then all bets are off. Will Savage stay with the Browns then or will he go else where If Cowher is given full control? Wow that really opens a can of worms doesn't it?
At what point does Savage get done burning all his bridges in Cleveland - if I remember right he has had at least one big 'him-or-me' confrontation in the last year or two and his team continue to struggle.

If someone of Cowhers experience were to demand full control, I would imagine Lerner (if he were of sound mind) would make the deal in a heartbeat.

i'm pretty sure Cowher learnt a hell of a lot in Pittsburgh about the fundamentals on how to run a successful franchise - to not make full use of that would be crazy.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #22
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

I personally think that it may be Marty Schottenheimer who would have a 3 year contract, then be replaced by Todd Grantham. Again this is purely speculation on my part. I have no flies on the wall in Learners office or in Savages.

I have heard from a reliable sport reports mouth that and again this is hearsay, that Cowher is going to Cleveland. This reporter is with ESPN and wishes to remain un-named. But all the same it is all hearsay. I will say the reporter is a she and she reports on the Browns and Steelers. That is all I will say about that. Until the contracts are signed, sealed, and delivered nothing is for sure. We are all guessing, surmising, he said she said, and most of all wishing one way or the other.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The possible monkey wrench in the works is that fact that Cleveland doesn't look so awful this year. If they pull off a decent year, it'll look really shitty to fire Crennel when he finally makes progress.

I don't see Carolina, Miami or Buffalo ponying up the 10 million+ Cowher is going to demand.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #24
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Until Fox is signed to an extension or fired or if they win the SB then I see Carolina as the clear front runner. Cowher doesnt seem to be the type to build that multi-million dollar home in Raleigh then 2 years later move his family to Cleveland or Buffalo. Are you kidding me? Maybe he is waiting for the LA franchise to be born.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Can't see that happening. Fox is extended at 5 million a year through 2008, and I just don't see the Panthers ever paying a HC more than that. A 2 million dollar house for a coach who makes 10 million a year could easily be a vacation house.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #26
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

Should San Diego be included in the mix? If any team looks like it will fire its coach, SD is it.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,304 Times in 474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozMan View Post
Should San Diego be included in the mix? If any team looks like it will fire its coach, SD is it.
Man, that would be ironic - a disciple of Marty being hired to replace Marty's replacement?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #28
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
The owner (X player, first to own a team since Halas) in Carolina are quite patient and will probably give Fox a few more years.
You live there so I'd weigh heavily on this. But Carolina IMO has been one of the biggest underachievers in the last few years unless I'm overrating their roster.

The San Diego job is an intriguing scenario someone mentioned.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #29
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Can't see that happening. Fox is extended at 5 million a year through 2008, and I just don't see the Panthers ever paying a HC more than that. A 2 million dollar house for a coach who makes 10 million a year could easily be a vacation house.
When did Cowher make $10 mil per year?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #30
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozMan View Post
I could see spanos paying major dollars to get cowher. Cowher would probably be a good fit being that he has a 3-4 defense philosiphy
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote