Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #11
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: God Hates the Yankees

I don't if God really hates the Yankees... but Tribe fans do!

GO TRIBE!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

i hope god has a plague of locusts ready to descend upon the evil belicheat today!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #13
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbackr4life View Post
I am so sick of hearing the best team that money can buy b.s. The Yankees through out history have endured many rule changes with the game involving player personnell mostly designed to impede their dominance. These changes go all the way back to the creation of the draft . Designed to stem the Yanks operations of advanced scouting to aquire talented players that other teams chose not to spend the money to even find. Up to the present revenue sharing situation in MLB today , which the Yanks voluntarily commited millions of dollars to this past year alone so that other "less off teams" could stay competitive. Is it their fault that most of these weaker teams did not spend this money to better themselves? What about the problem of other teams raising the ticket prices when the Yankees are in town just to squeeze more cash out of the working class and line their own pockets?

The organization is commited to doing whatever it takes to win. If the owners choose to spend money on their team to do that instead of putting it all in their pockets than that is their perogative. Whether that means trading for a player like Krod who was signed foolishly by another organization who overpaid him and then realized they couldnt afford him then had to cut expenses. Or keeping their home grown products by signing them to big deals when it is their turn to file for free agency.

If the Yankees have ever been guilty of anything it is of providing their fans with the best possible product they possibly can to give their fans a WINNER! Whatever happens today in the Bronx one thing will remain the same. The N.Y. Yankees have won 26 World Championships and no other team in the history of Profesional sports can say that!
i remember a tribe team two years ago giving the yankees a run as well... with 1/4 of the yankess payroll... sure the yankees have their history and their championships... but the indians have the stronger bullpen THIS YEAR and the yankees are bowing out in the first round.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #14
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
i remember a tribe team two years ago giving the yankees a run as well... with 1/4 of the yankess payroll... sure the yankees have their history and their championships... but the indians have the stronger bullpen THIS YEAR and the yankees are bowing out in the first round.

Honestly I could care less about the tribe giving the Yankees a run 2 years ago. If coming close to the hated Yankees makes them feel better than congrats.There is always some team that has to give them a run and their pay roll, ( a few teams aside) will inevitably always be smaller. The end result was the Yankees did not win it all which is a failure to the organization and its fan base.

The Yankees believe it or not are in a rebuilding stage this year and keeping all of their young talent to once again make a strong run at yet another dynasty. They have made this commitment and still remain competitive. Which while is a tremendous achievement but falls short of the ultimate goal which is currently #27.

No doubt the Indians are having a tremendous run and they have a good pen. Alot is to be said to the way they have committed their organization to the development of youth and putting a good team together. Those two pitchers they threw out there in the first 2 games are studs. If they go on to win this series I wish them luck .
Old 10-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #15
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I don't if God really hates the Yankees... but Tribe fans do!

GO TRIBE!
LOL
Old 10-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #16
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
i hope god has a plague of locusts ready to descend upon the evil belicheat today!
We agree on that LOL
Old 10-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
They are evil. Need proof? The Tribe was unable to touch the evil Yanks pitching tonight all game, but God called in a plague of Canadian Soldier bugs into the Jake, which distracted Satan?s pitchers and hitters and allowed the powers of good, who seemed to be much less affected by the swarm, to triumph.

By the way, I expect some fringe Canadian group to come out of the woodwork and demand that the name of the bugs be changed after getting national attention during the game and on Sportscenter. Canadian Soldiers is a derogatory term, because they only live for a day or two and appear to serve no purpose. In truth, they are also known as the Fish Fly (they stink like dead fish), June Bug, or May Fly.
being a red sox fan. I can tell you not to count the skankees out until the final out
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #18
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's easy. Buying championships doesn't work, but earning them does. When the Yankee's learn this lesson, the hatred will subside a bit. If you REALLY want people to stop hating the Yankee's, find a way to do away with frontrunner fans. That'll solve the whole Patriots hatred thing, too.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

There is no joy in the Big Apple today.

My favorite moment of the series had to be 60,000 Yankee's fans cheering in unison "Derek Jeter, bump bump bump-bump-bump, Derek Jeter" right before he grounded into an inning (and rally) ending double play.

Captain Clutch indeed.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #20
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbackr4life View Post
I am so sick of hearing the best team that money can buy b.s. The Yankees through out history have endured many rule changes with the game involving player personnell mostly designed to impede their dominance. These changes go all the way back to the creation of the draft . Designed to stem the Yanks operations of advanced scouting to aquire talented players that other teams chose not to spend the money to even find. Up to the present revenue sharing situation in MLB today , which the Yanks voluntarily commited millions of dollars to this past year alone so that other "less off teams" could stay competitive. Is it their fault that most of these weaker teams did not spend this money to better themselves? What about the problem of other teams raising the ticket prices when the Yankees are in town just to squeeze more cash out of the working class and line their own pockets?

The organization is commited to doing whatever it takes to win. If the owners choose to spend money on their team to do that instead of putting it all in their pockets than that is their perogative. Whether that means trading for a player like Krod who was signed foolishly by another organization who overpaid him and then realized they couldnt afford him then had to cut expenses. Or keeping their home grown products by signing them to big deals when it is their turn to file for free agency.

If the Yankees have ever been guilty of anything it is of providing their fans with the best possible product they possibly can to give their fans a WINNER! Whatever happens today in the Bronx one thing will remain the same. The N.Y. Yankees have won 26 World Championships and no other team in the history of Profesional sports can say that!

Great post, I'm sure the same people who bash the Boss and Yankees for spending money on players the way they do would love it if George sold the Yankees and bought their favorite team and did the exact same thing. Why people trash Stienbrenner the way they do is beyond me all the guy is trying to do is win. Not to mention how much help the other teams get from the luxury tax. By the way he is playing with in the rules unlike some sweatshirt wearing cheaters.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote