Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-11-2005, 03:03 PM   #51
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Why do we hate the clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOHBROWN
Maybe you all hate the Browns b/c the Steelers have an all-time losing record against the Browns. Browns are 55 W and 50 L against them.

The Cleveland Browns. It is a name synonymous with winners, champions, excellence, dominance, and execution. They are the winningest team in professional football history. The numbers prove it. The 8 championships prove it. The most winning quarterback in history prove it. Why? There is one simple reason: the way the team was built. An owner with the business sense of Mickey McBride (founder) and the prowess and eye for talent of coach Paul Brown were the main ingredients in the recipe of DYNASTY that the Browns built. There had been others before, and there have been others since, but no single football team, NFL or otherwise, has ever dominated a league the way the Browns did for their first 20 years of existence. The 49ers had the 80's, the Steelers had the 70's, and the Packers the 60's. The Browns, however, dominated from their first game in 1946 until their championship of 1964. It will never be duplicated in any professional sport.

By the way I don't want to hear about Super Bowls... I'm an old man and I have 8 championships to your 4. Further - most of you punks weren't even alive when the Steelers last won one. Yes its been a long time since the Browns won one - 1964 - but 1979 isn't like yesterday!
If you don`t want to talk history, then talk about now. Your team sucks. As a matter of fact they have sucked for 41 years, get over it already. We don`t tlak Superbowls with brownie fans. Because you have no friggin idea what a superbowl is. Also you have nothing better to do but talk with Steelers fans, I would`nt even go to a browns site to bust ball. I don`t really mind brown fans on this site, if they plan on taking part on other categories to. But if you just came to run you sorry ass yap, then hit the road loser. Go get your bernie kosar jersey out and hang out at the mistake by the lake.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #52
steelrr23
Water Boy

Member Number: 349

as one of our other forum members have said before, "cleveburgh". it has a nice sound to it, especially since i live by cleveburgh.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #53
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOHBROWN
Maybe you all hate the Browns b/c the Steelers have an all-time losing record against the Browns. Browns are 55 W and 50 L against them.

The Cleveland Browns. It is a name synonymous with winners, champions, excellence, dominance, and execution. They are the winningest team in professional football history. The numbers prove it. The 8 championships prove it. The most winning quarterback in history prove it. Why? There is one simple reason: the way the team was built. An owner with the business sense of Mickey McBride (founder) and the prowess and eye for talent of coach Paul Brown were the main ingredients in the recipe of DYNASTY that the Browns built. There had been others before, and there have been others since, but no single football team, NFL or otherwise, has ever dominated a league the way the Browns did for their first 20 years of existence. The 49ers had the 80's, the Steelers had the 70's, and the Packers the 60's. The Browns, however, dominated from their first game in 1946 until their championship of 1964. It will never be duplicated in any professional sport.

By the way I don't want to hear about Super Bowls... I'm an old man and I have 8 championships to your 4. Further - most of you punks weren't even alive when the Steelers last won one. Yes its been a long time since the Browns won one - 1964 - but 1979 isn't like yesterday!
what in the world kinda crack r u smoking dude, that's the most ridculous post I think Ive ever read..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #54
steelrr23
Water Boy

Member Number: 349

oh, couple more things, your eight championships as they are called, are just that, championships. you're right, i wasn't born when the clowns won their last "championship", and i really have no idea exactly how many teams there were in the league back then, i'm guessing maybe about sixteen give or take a few. but when the afl and the nfl merged, that had to put the total amount of teams in the new league at around 24, give or take a few again. that means with all those teams then, the steelers winning four superbowls in six years is pretty damn hard, more so nowadays. winning 8 "championships" with only 14 to 16 teams in the league(if that many) is very unimpressive to me. i'm more impressed with the pats 3 superbowl wins in 4 years(i hate to admit) than your 8"championships". almost 40 years since your last big one, p a t h e t i c. the browns now are what we real fans are talking about. you want to live in the past, go ahead. oh, and your 55 wins to our 50, that difference was a whole lot greater before the browns came back. the clowns only beat the steelers twice(maybe three times) since coming back in 1999. in my opinion(and i have alot of them), that makes the clowns,pittsburgh's bitches, right? the clowns haven't won a division championship since 1989, have had only one season above .500 since 1994, i could go on but i won't. the clowns might have been a dynasty in the 40's and 50's but now they are DUDS.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #55
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns. It is a name synonymous with winners, champions, excellence, dominance, and execution.
Something else... That statement might have the slightest bid of dignity if you guys would be competitive year in and year out, like another team, let's just say, The Steelers !!

There's nothing wrong w/ being proud of your teams past accomplishments, but damn dude, you guys have done ZERO since then!! And that's an awful long time of pitiful success!

BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #56
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

On top of all the other facts posted, just one more...

The team that won those championships now resides outside the beltway in Baltimore. You really should recognize you are a brand new franchise and begin new records. What you are doing is like Milwaukee taking credit for the Atlanta Braves success instead of the Brewers.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 AM   #57
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

I guess I can tell you why I sould hate squeller fans, like those posting in this thread but I don't I just dislike the team not the fans. They are just like me just fans. Misguided..but just fans.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote