Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #11
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

I like Romo, but he isnt that great yet. I like how all the media thinks Romo is the greatest thing, but they cant give Ben props and he even took his team on the road to win all the playoffs and the superbowl, but yet Ben is still not a good quarterback
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #12
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,425
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 802 Times in 312 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
I like Romo, but he isnt that great yet. I like how all the media thinks Romo is the greatest thing, but they cant give Ben props and he even took his team on the road to win all the playoffs and the superbowl, but yet Ben is still not a good quarterback
I chalk it up to the "fantasy football syndrome" - Ben doesn't air it out 40-50 times a game for 300+ every week, ergo, he's just a "game manager."
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

Shouldn't it be "The Myth of Romo"?
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #14
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I chalk it up to the "fantasy football syndrome" - Ben doesn't air it out 40-50 times a game for 300+ every week, ergo, he's just a "game manager."
well i would take a game manager that can win big games over a gunslinger who throws 5 picks.
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,398
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,007
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,932 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

Several weeks ago I posted on the dilemma of whether I wanted the Bengals or Pats to lose their game. I am facing the same issue this Sunday for Cowboys-Pats after reading nonsense like this (excerpt and link below):

Romo's endorsement potential a 'perfect storm'

Tony Romo has a Texas-sized heap of motives to beat the New England Patriots on Sunday. Just for starters: keeping the Dallas Cowboys unbeaten, establishing their bona fides as Super Bowl contenders and atoning for his five-interception game in Buffalo.

His agents are geeked for him to have a great day, too. It would keep up the momentum in their drive to build Brand Romo. He's already on the move as a commercial force. His No. 9 jersey is the fifth best-selling of all NFL players. It's the top seller among kids. He's done TV commercials for AT&T in Texas and nationally for Diet Pepsi Max (though Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is the star of the spot) and ESPN's "SportsCenter."

And, according to his marketing representative R.J. Gonser of Creative Artists Agency, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

"It's the perfect storm with Tony," Gonser says of Romo's endorsement potential. "You've got the cachet of Tony being quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and being a dynamic person.


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/hispa...ory?id=3056389

At least Brady & Peyton have accomplished something - at this point Romo is nothing but hype.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #16
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Several weeks ago I posted on the dilemma of whether I wanted the Bengals or Pats to lose their game. I am facing the same issue this Sunday for Cowboys-Pats after reading nonsense like this (excerpt and link below):

Romo's endorsement potential a 'perfect storm'

Tony Romo has a Texas-sized heap of motives to beat the New England Patriots on Sunday. Just for starters: keeping the Dallas Cowboys unbeaten, establishing their bona fides as Super Bowl contenders and atoning for his five-interception game in Buffalo.

His agents are geeked for him to have a great day, too. It would keep up the momentum in their drive to build Brand Romo. He's already on the move as a commercial force. His No. 9 jersey is the fifth best-selling of all NFL players. It's the top seller among kids. He's done TV commercials for AT&T in Texas and nationally for Diet Pepsi Max (though Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is the star of the spot) and ESPN's "SportsCenter."

And, according to his marketing representative R.J. Gonser of Creative Artists Agency, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

"It's the perfect storm with Tony," Gonser says of Romo's endorsement potential. "You've got the cachet of Tony being quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and being a dynamic person.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/hispa...ory?id=3056389

At least Brady & Peyton have accomplished something - at this point Romo is nothing but hype.
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
rbryan
Team President
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maui by way of New Brighton PA
Posts: 2,030
Member Number: 5196
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Several weeks ago I posted on the dilemma of whether I wanted the Bengals or Pats to lose their game. I am facing the same issue this Sunday for Cowboys-Pats after reading nonsense like this (excerpt and link below):

Romo's endorsement potential a 'perfect storm'

Tony Romo has a Texas-sized heap of motives to beat the New England Patriots on Sunday. Just for starters: keeping the Dallas Cowboys unbeaten, establishing their bona fides as Super Bowl contenders and atoning for his five-interception game in Buffalo.

His agents are geeked for him to have a great day, too. It would keep up the momentum in their drive to build Brand Romo. He's already on the move as a commercial force. His No. 9 jersey is the fifth best-selling of all NFL players. It's the top seller among kids. He's done TV commercials for AT&T in Texas and nationally for Diet Pepsi Max (though Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is the star of the spot) and ESPN's "SportsCenter."

And, according to his marketing representative R.J. Gonser of Creative Artists Agency, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

"It's the perfect storm with Tony," Gonser says of Romo's endorsement potential. "You've got the cachet of Tony being quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and being a dynamic person.


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/hispa...ory?id=3056389

At least Brady & Peyton have accomplished something - at this point Romo is nothing but hype.
One hell of a PR firm wouldn't you say?? Don't let the fact that he just threw 5 pics and pretty much looked like Rex Grossmans retarded little brother get in the way of a great marketing campaign.

Proof that if enough knuckleheads like Tony Cornheiser say something the majority of people are stupid enough to believe it.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #18
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 721
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

I will give him this -- he just might have the best quarterback name ever.

You have to agree that Ben Roethlisberger doesn't fall off the tongue quite the same way as Tony Romo. Though he is perilously close to being mistaken for Tony Roma of the rib restaurant chain!

He's got a long way to go to prove that he's anything more than a brash young showoff who racks up lots of gaudy stats. When he can hold onto a ball snap that decides whether his team goes to the Super Bowl, and when he can actually get to and win a Super Bowl, then we'll see.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,398
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,007
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,932 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

The hype continues:

Amazing? Improbable? Meet Tony Romo, who's ready to meet New England
By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com
Dear Bill Belichick:
I'm sure you'll devise some defenses to mess with Romo's mind, and you'll do it with a better secondary than the patchwork (but tough) group the Bills were forced to use. That's your specialty.

But don't underestimate Romo. If nothing else he is a survivor. He survived North/Eastern Illinois. He survived being a no-name free agent. He survived the depth chart wars. He survived Bill Parcells. And Monday night he survived six turnovers.

"My confidence doesn't waver,'' he said later. "That's one thing I learned with Bill and everyone else. Wade says it all the time too. You got to keep going.''

You and the Patriots are next. So the question becomes: Are you ready for some Romo? Because I guarantee Romo will be ready for you.


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...1&sportCat=nfl

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,425
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 802 Times in 312 Posts
Default Re: The Legend of Romo?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
You have to agree that Ben Roethlisberger doesn't fall off the tongue quite the same way as Tony Romo. Though he is perilously close to being mistaken for Tony Roma of the rib restaurant chain!
I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....oops, wrong chain. Never mind.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts