Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #11
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903
Default Re: Bungles Strike Again!

You folks should enjoy Marvin while you can. I'd be surprised if he is still coach next year...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Henry has probation hearing

Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry, currently halfway through an eight-game NFL suspension, is in an Orlando, Fla., courtroom this afternoon because of a probation violation.

Henry is on probation in Orange County, Fla., stemming from a weapons charge there following a incident in January 2006.

Word around the courthouse is that prosecutors are trying to have Henry put in jail, even for a few days, based on the seriousness of the original crime.

Henry pled guilty to the charge and was placed on probation for two years.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Henry for eight games because he violated the league's personal conduct policy.

With the league operating under an unofficial zero tolerance policy for off-field incidents, Henry can not be helping himself if he indeed violated terms of his probation in Florida. Henry must re-apply for reinstatement before he could earn the right to play again.

He had hoped to have his suspension reduced to four games.

Henry played with the Bengals in the preseason and, playing against overmatched defensive backs in the second half of the four exhibition games, led the Bengals in all major receiving categories. He had 14 receptions for 195 yards and two touchdowns.
sirius radio reported henry was cleared of EIGHT parole violation charges and is now free to seek reinstatement. eight??? how could he be framed/ set up/ profiled / misunderstood / in the wrong place at the wrong time, on 8 seperate instances?

between him and pacman, i cant wait til "alien vs. predator WVU" are banned for life.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #13
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post

You folks should enjoy Marvin while you can. I'd be surprised if he is still coach next year...
He might leave on his own, but he won't be fired. You have to remember, consistently going 8-8 is a big upgrade for this franchise and that 11-5 season bought him a lot of wiggle room.

Prior to Lewis, their last winning season was 1990. Here's how they faired in between.

2006 8-8-0
2005 11-5-0
2004 8-8-0
2002 2-14-0
2001 6-10-0
2000 4-12-0
1999 4-12-0
1998 3-13-0
1997 7-9-0
1996 8-8-0
1995 7-9-0
1994 3-13-0
1993 3-13-0
1992 5-11-0
1991 3-13-0
1990 9-7-0

When the NFL Networks buts a whole decade of your team in the Top Ten Worst Teams Ever, you are in pretty bad shape.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
You know what's funny about all these NFL players getting in trouble for total dipshit moves? Every one of them supposedly went to college. I kind of laugh every time I think about that.
Actually.. I am just saddened by it. It shows a total lack of understanding of respect and/or maturity.

This is nihilism at its best. What a shame.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
You know what's funny about all these NFL players getting in trouble for total dipshit moves? Every one of them supposedly went to college. I kind of laugh every time I think about that.
Not surprising, considering most of them went to college solely to play football, become eligible under the NFL's age limit, and boost their draft stock, not to learn.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #16
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Not surprising, considering most of them went to college solely to play football, become eligible under the NFL's age limit, and boost their draft stock, not to learn.
They went to school to improve their skills in their chosen profession by majoring in football rather than engineering, teaching, accounting, or preparing for non-football grad school.

The NCAA runs the NFL's minor leagues and everyone is quite willing to perpetuate the hypocrisy of calling it "college" football. The system is rotten, not the aspirations of the players who participate in it to learn their trade.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #17
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

That's why I have always said that no college football player should be allowed to declare himself for the draft until after his junior year. Anything less is too early. And stop educating these kids just to play football!! What's the percentage of current college players who are going to play professionally?? One?...Two percent?

Sorry...didn't mean to get on my soapbox there.

Anyway...as for the Bungles...no disclipline, no sense, no boundaries...all that equals a team that is bound to have chaos.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #18
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The NCAA runs the NFL's minor leagues and everyone is quite willing to perpetuate the hypocrisy of calling it "college" football. The system is rotten, not the aspirations of the players who participate in it to learn their trade.
I agree completely - my previous post sounded more like an indictment of the players themselves rather than the sham that is supposed to be "college" football. The system IS rotten.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #19
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I agree completely - my previous post sounded more like an indictment of the players themselves rather than the sham that is supposed to be "college" football. The system IS rotten.
I don't agree at all. If the players aren't going to go to college to get an education, why waste their and everyone else's time? It's not like they need a college degree to play football. Let them go straight out of high school if they so choose.

As a fan it isn't the greatest idea, but why should colleges waste time and money on people who don't want/need to be there?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #20
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
He was framed! By the Super Bowl!
Willie Parker put it there. He's the culprit, I tell ya.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote