Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #11
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088
Default Re: Kids Respect your Elders

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
Steelers President Art Rooney has compared Tomlin to Noll and Cowher -- both of whom were also hired while in their 30s. Tomlin, who met Noll for the first time Sunday during a pregame ceremony, says he prefers to avoid such comparisons.

"Don't mention my name in the same sentence as coach Noll," he said. "I was in awe of the man. We are all walking on the ground that he paved."
I would say Tomlin needs a couple more seasons under his belt for him to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Cowher and Tomlin

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #12
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
Has anyone seen the clip of Tomlin smiling and applauding Coach Noll as he was honored on Sunday? He seemed to be really enjoying the momment even though he was about to coach a crucial game. That says something to me about his sense of perspective as well as his ability to direct his focus while surrounded by outside stimuli.
Coach Tomlin has often said that coaching is what he does, not who he is. "I'm a husband and father first," he's said more than once. Seems really simple, but there are lots of other, less high-profile spouses/parents in the world who could take a lesson from him. With that kind of perspective, no wonder he can easily be "in the moment." You can see Tony Dungy's strong influence in that regard.

The man's a total class act, as well as a delightful and intriguing combination of humility and ego - we're incredibly fortunate to have him coaching this team.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #13
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Very nice...if you noticed, Coach Tomlin wasnt just giving lip service...as Noll walked off the field, Tomlin was clapping and shaking his head in genuine admiration.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #14
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Very nice...if you noticed, Coach Tomlin wasnt just giving lip service...as Noll walked off the field, Tomlin was clapping and shaking his head in genuine admiration.

Yeah, I noticed that too....nice to see the new generation give respect to the older...
Old 10-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #15
aries4972
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6890

simply put.... Mike Tomilin is a class act. It speaks volumes that someone so young (35yrs) could have such an appreciation for the game and for a legend like Chuck Noll. Hearing his comments one might wonder if he was simply paying lip service to the media, you know trying to say the right things, but there was a shot of him during the ceramony honoring coach Noll and the look and smile on his face was TOTALLY genuine he was like he said in "awe of the man an his accomplishments" as anyone who truly loves the game would be.
aries4972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #16
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I agree. Clearly, Coach Noll was a huge influence of Coach Tomlin.

Check out this quote from Coach Noll:

"The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead."

I think it's fair to say that is an acxiom that Tomlin coaches by. Whether he got it directly from Noll or not, it's clear they are on the same page. And by the way, that's a very good thing!