Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,776 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Davenport is getting arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks36 View Post
this is terrible when players have time on there hands they do this kind of stufff
The incident was last week before the bye so it is hard to see how this would not have occurred unless Davenport is locked up after practice. He needs to get the lawyer who represented Santonio last year and start writing checks.

If he did it he should do time and be suspended - if this was a Bengal we would be all over Davenport on this. Just because NFL players have $$ does not mean they have s**t for sense.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #12
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
yes he does.. but its odd that the lady on the 9-1-1 call was saying he was punching her repeatedly, yet the police found no justifiable reason to arrest him either davenport punches worse than a female with a 240 lbs frame, or the lady on the phone was full of shit.

heres the 9-1-1 calls again.
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_278143230.html
yes, this case is really weird. hopefully it solves itself in a fair way
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

There is nothing here. As someone correctly pointed out, if there was the SLIGHTEST bit of evidence that a 240 lb. man touched a woman, he'd have been jailed. This is now a matter of money. The woman hired an attorney on contingency, and that lawyer put as much pressure as he could on the police department. It's all about the money now. Davenport will be fine, but his wallet will be a lot lighter when this is all over.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #14
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
There is nothing here. As someone correctly pointed out, if there was the SLIGHTEST bit of evidence that a 240 lb. man touched a woman, he'd have been jailed. This is now a matter of money. The woman hired an attorney on contingency, and that lawyer put as much pressure as he could on the police department. It's all about the money now. Davenport will be fine, but his wallet will be a lot lighter when this is all over.
i know the law in ohio says that police must determine the aggressor to make an arrest.. but they are generally going to side with the woman if they feel there was a mutual altercation and take the larger threat away.. usually the 240 lbs man accused of punching the woman. nothing is really adding up from what i have read and heard that would lead to an arrest.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

It appears it was turned over to the city prosecutor to figure out what to do since, according to last week's P-G story, the cops could not figure out who to arrest.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/07278/823185-100.stm

My guess is prosecutors are a least a little gun shy about automatically believing the woman in an assault case after the Duke lacrosse fiasco, so there may be something here. A third party witness named Deborah Gadsen in this linked video could be trouble for Davenport.

.http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...97/detail.html
Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,632 Posts

"beat this rap!!!.... beat this rap!!!" :tt02

nice to see tomlin have all ducks in a row and practice russell a little extra during this bye (when most players are used to having idle time off.)

for what its worth, tomlin has already gotten behind najeh and said he thinks its just one of those "life" issues. tomlin only has najehs word to go on.

if she dont drop the charges i assume her lawyers will spin that she was fearful that he was drunk when he showed up for his scheduled visit, and his lawyers will paint her out to be a disgruntled, unfit parent, who wanted to goad davenport into this exact type of incident.

in the end, its the child who suffers.

i think shes pulling the "heinz field hop [on pop]".
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,398 Posts

he shoulda just took a dump in her closet....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
"beat this rap!!!.... beat this rap!!!" :tt02

nice to see tomlin have all ducks in a row and practice russell a little extra during this bye (when most players are used to having idle time off.)

for what its worth, tomlin has already gotten behind najeh and said he thinks its just one of those "life" issues. tomlin only has najehs word to go on.

if she dont drop the charges i assume her lawyers will spin that she was fearful that he was drunk when he showed up for his scheduled visit, and his lawyers will paint her out to be a disgruntled, unfit parent, who wanted to goad davenport into this exact type of incident.

in the end, its the child who suffers.

i think shes pulling the "heinz field hop [on pop]".
Some of the third party witnesses presumably are friends and neighbors of the mother so breaking down their stories (and priors) will be the key - it is what went down on the street with lots of witnesses that presumably is the basis for the charges

Not a funny situation, but Davenport allegedly telling the mother "that's why I won't tell you where i live" was a nice touch as Davenport hides out by playing pro ball.
Presumably some prior candid discussions on support payments have occurred and no doubt have been recurring over the last week.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
he shoulda just took a dump in her closet....
i dont know.

nothing says "i came...i saw... i conquered" like taking a crap on somebodys front lawn

(the lawyers can use the lack of fecal evidence as proof that he was not intoxicated)
Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i dont know.

nothing says "i came...i saw... i conquered" like taking a crap on somebodys front lawn

(the lawyers can use the lack of fecal evidence as proof that he was not intoxicated)
and nothin says "screw you" like flinging a stink pickle at someones head....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote