Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Steelers return to tough stretch that doesn't look so difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I don't think Tomlin will have the slightest problem motivating the team to play the Ravens and Bengals. Just play the tapes of last year and they'll be fired up. I know I would be, and I wasn't even on the field!
I agree.

Eitherway, I've always felt that if a few news clippings change the way you play on Sunday's you have no business being in the playoffs.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,082 Times in 4,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I agree.

Eitherway, I've always felt that if a few news clippings change the way you play on Sunday's you have no business being in the playoffs.
nail clippings > news clippings
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm getting angry right now just thinking about what the Ravens did to us last year.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #14
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

If this team didn't learn a lesson from last season on taking teams lightly, big timing it because of who you thought you were, and not preparing...then nothing will help them.

I believe this team did learn from last season and we have a fresh voice this season that reminds them of preparation steps every day.

We will be fine.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #15
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

There is one thing I believe to be a plus we have a core of young players a major positions that I believe even after winning the Superbowl are very hungry. When cower left you could almost feel the uncertainness in the locker room by the way Tomlin and Ben's first conversation went. The team did not want a new guy.

But now that they see the way he coaches they are on fire and realize that hes a coach that could take them back to the Superbowl. We may lose a couple of games and may only make it to the first round of the playoffs this year. But I believe we will when a Superbowl with Tomlin. I think he has a 3-4 year window with this talent base baring major injury.

The team just seams hungry again and we lost that in 2006 without The Bus. Cower did his best to act as if he was still hungry but he wasn't.. I believe the team new that and the uneasiness started in training camp2006 when they felt he was just going through the motions, and you know some players thought that. Tomlin is hungry and the team feeds off of that.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Just throwing this out there for the hell of it and well because of this article........

I hear many fans and even local media heads talking about the Patriots match up in December. How about we play and worry about the seven other teams we play before we meet the Patriots? Many are making the rest of the schedule sound like a walk in the park. I'll take it one game at a time. On December 3, then I will worry about the Patriots. Until then, I will focus on Denver and the six other teams we play before we make the trip up to 2001 bandwagon country.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Just throwing this out there for the hell of it and well because of this article........

I hear many fans and even local media heads talking about the Patriots match up in December. How about we play and worry about the seven other teams we play before we meet the Patriots? Many are making the rest of the schedule sound like a walk in the park. I'll take it one game at a time. On December 3, then I will worry about the Patriots. Until then, I will focus on Denver and the six other teams we play before we make the trip up to 2001 bandwagon country.
Great point. By December, Al Gore's great catastrophe will probably have occurred and we will all be buried at the bottom of the ocean. Or was it sand? Or snow?

You get my point. Play for today.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,082 Times in 4,584 Posts

Quote:

you wait 6 agonizing months in the off-season for the games to finally get here, and when they finally do its as if everyone wants to breeze right trhough them to get to 1/16th of the season almost 2 months away.

the season is too quick as it is, and im looking forward to whupping up on denver to make up for sending jake plummer into retirement on a good note.

plus (i got this one)... they shot joey up in denver!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts

Agreed - enjoy the journey and do not obsess about reaching the destination - the attitude that the only games worth watching are the big end of season games is what has ruined following baseball for Yankees fans
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:51 AM   #20
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,934 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you wait 6 agonizing months in the off-season for the games to finally get here, and when they finally do its as if everyone wants to breeze right trhough them to get to 1/16th of the season almost 2 months away.

the season is too quick as it is, and im looking forward to whupping up on denver to make up for sending jake plummer into retirement on a good note.

plus (i got this one)... they shot joey up in denver!
Agreed one game at a time.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote