Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088
Post Exploiting the Pats

Through this part of the season, What have you noticed about the Patriots that Steelers will be to exploit on their eventually and inevitable meeting on December 9.

For me I think we could exploit there run game. The Pats run game doesnt scare me at all and with are run defense i think we can play the pass and tee up on tom Brady ever play. If you get pressure on brady then you can win.

Next I think willie could tear the pats run defense. If we just pound them with a combo of Najeh/ Willie we can keep their offense off the field and use it for play action to set up some big plays.

also this team is much like the patriots team we beat on Halloween to end their record setting win streak. Follow the same formula as that game.

If we play mistake free and can get to Brady we have a chance of beating the pats

-Go steelers

Your thoughts...

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Exploiting the Pats

control the clock(like 40 minutes against the hawks), how? like you said, pounding willie and najeh against their sort of suspect run defense. with time on our side the D stays fresh and we can pressure brady, and stopping their run will most likely be an easy feat. and last but not least...avoid turnovers!! with all these we have a great chance of beating them.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

I don't know that there's much to exploit. What I've noticed about the Patriots is how well they execute as a team. Everyone is giving 100% every moment they're on the field, and the parts work together like a machine. You watch other teams and you just don't see that, not on every single play. The Steelers come as close to it as anyone I've seen, but they still have a ways to go (and fortunately, enough time to continue to grow and refine before they play the Pats).

I think one main key to beating them is that the D has to get to Brady in like a nanosecond -- did you notice early on in yesterday's game how many passes he threw away following an almost instantaneous release? The Dallas defenders were getting pressure on him and that gets him out of rhythm. When he's out of sync, he throws the ball away, but I don't know that I've ever seen a quarterback consistently get rid of a ball so quickly and complete such a high percentage of passes. Our guys are going to have to come off the ball in a heartbeat, blitz like crazy, and bring Troy and Keisel from all different sides to get at Brady. Like Peyton Manning, Brady hates being under pressure, and that's when he's vulnerable to mistakes because he gets angry.

I also noticed yesterday how many times Patriot receivers ran a route to the inside, through the middle of the field, and Brady just had a field day landing completion after completion. I couldn't get a wide enough view of the whole field (I was out to dinner and trying to watch a TV that was in the bar about 25 feet away!) to see who was supposed to be covering those receivers, but they seemed untouched and unaccounted for most times.

When we're on offense, Ben is going to have to release quickly too -- if he spends time looking around for someone to throw to, it's going to be a long and frustrating night. Brady throws passes trusting that his receivers are going to go out there and get them -- and they do. Ben needs that level of trust in his receivers.

I think our defense is superior to theirs, and barring injury it should stay that way. Offensively, it goes without saying that we can't get into a scoring hole and be forced to play catch-up all afternoon. The Steelers aren't made that way, and won't stand a chance against Brady's offensive firepower. Long, sustained drives that eat the clock are how we have to manage the game.

But first and foremost, we have to out-execute the team that executes better than any I've seen in a mighty long time. We can do it, and we have lots of time to prepare for it, but it's an understatement to say that the Patriots are the toughest team we'll face this year. It's going to be quite an assignment to beat them.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

pats dont have much of a run game but it hasnt hurt them much. only had 30-40 yards rushing but still had the ball for close to 40 minutes against dallas. if u try and take moss out of the equation brady can still go to stallworth, welker or watson or even faulk out of the backfield. i think we r goin to have control the ball on offense and on defense were r goin to have to come up with some turnovers
Old 10-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,831 Posts

Hope for bad weather ( I am not kidding) - the Pats have become the Colts. It will take a superlative clock killing effort to beat them, but the only question left to be answered is how their current offense, which emphasizes the pass, and Randy Moss will operate in cold, sloppy conditions.

I know it's a reach, but as hateful as they are the Pats are a great team.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hope for bad weather ( I am not kidding) - the Pats have become the Colts. It will take a superlative clock killing effort to beat them, but the only question left to be answered is how their current offense, which emphasizes the pass, and Randy Moss will operate in cold, sloppy conditions.
now that sounds good. and another thing, the steelers always seem to do great in bad conditions, so it will benefit us a lot
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #7
NESteelerfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 6158

Pats are overrated,period. They have yet to play a good defensive squad.Dallas' defense is absolutely terrible. They made Eli look like Payton, the Bills are so bad they couldn't win despite being on the receiving end of 6 turnovers,oh yeah Dallas also beat the Rams. Dallas was no measuring stick despite their record,they are nothing more than NFC's version of the Bengals.Unfortunately thats good enough to go 10-6 and make the play-offs in the NFC. The Pats can impose their will on defenses like the Jets and Buffalo but put them against the Steelers or Baltimore and they will have problems. Their running game is nothing to write home about.Maroney has been hurt the last 2 years and has shown me nothing,he has a lot to prove. Are they a good squad? Absolutely. But they are far from the invinsable, elite team that all the talking heads are spewing about. just my 2 cents
NESteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

By the time we play them, the most important factor will be which team is the healthiest. Come December, injuries and roster depth are of utmost importance. So, right now you just can't say; maybe in a month.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Indy will be the best measuring stick of the Patsies. I have no doubt there will be some email and phone calls exchanged between Tomlin and Dungy prior to the Steelers-Patsies game. I have said it before, LeBeau's strategy is key. If he has been held back in the past, then I have a feeling Tomlin will be turning him loose for this game.