Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-22-2007, 01:54 AM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Some props to Ben.

So we lost. But tonight proves that this team is never out of a game as long as Ben Roethlisberger is the quarterback. A vast improvement over last year. On a night when the O-Line was atrocious, he overcame his shaky play in the first half and almost single-handedly won this game in the second half. If the Defense had even shown any signs of life and gotten the ball back when they needed to, we would've won.

The first INT was his fault (he got greedy), the second one was completely on Hines. It was right into his hands, and deflected into the defenders'. It just goes to show you that Lady Luck was not on the Steelers' side tonight.

Now let's hammer the Bengals and go on a run.

Last edited by Edman; 10-22-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Props to Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
So we lost. But tonight proves that this team is never out of a game as long as Ben Roethlisberger is the quarterback. A vast improvement over last year. On a night when the O-Line was atrocious, he overcame shaky play in the first half and almost single-handedly won this game in the second half. If the Defense had even shown any signs of life and gotten the ball back when they needed to, we would've won.

The first INT was his fault (he got greedy), the second one was completely on Hines. It was right into his hands, and deflected into the defenders'. It just goes to show you that Lady Luck was not on the Steelers' side tonight.

Now let's hammer the Bengals and go on a run.
I gotta agree with you. However, the fumble has to be put on him as well. He needs to protect the ball better. However, They also need to protect BEN a lot better!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,388 Times in 506 Posts
Default Re: Some props to Ben.

I'd still like to see what Ben can do when he is given enough time to have a cup of coffee, read the morning paper, take a dump, and still get the pass off - the kind of time Brady and Manning typically get. Hate to sound redundant, but O-line is priority #1 in next year's draft.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'd still like to see what Ben can do when he is given enough time to have a cup of coffee, read the morning paper, take a dump, and still get the pass off - the kind of time Brady and Manning typically get. Hate to sound redundant, but O-line is priority #1 in next year's draft.
Nope.

We need a running back.

If we had a real running back.. we would have won tonight!

After all... the running backs to all the blocking!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 AM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

We need another fat back. Remember, the bus could run through 20 people and move mountains with his superior leg drive.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:19 AM   #6
lotas
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1176

I dunno about the running back situation, I think Davenport has enough power in those legs to be the power back. I think the O-line is a much more dire situation...I feel like the O-line gives up on the play, and when half of our passing plays are Ben being rushed outta the pocket, its vital that the O-line play through and stay with their guys.

I saw a few times tonight where a few guys just sort of stopped blocking as if the play should be over and Ben ended up getting swarmed by 'em.

Or am i just trippin' :)?
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

He can not hold on to the ball that long. He made the line look worse than they are(not that they are great). He had trouble hitting his WR in the first half as well. The three plays that killed us were the two that took us out of field goal range at the end of the 2nd quarter and the fumble for a TD. We also could not run the ball on the worse run D in the NFL. He did wind up with 290 yards and 4 TDs and he ran in the 2nd half as well. We played much better, as a team, in the 2nd half. I hope we can play better on th road.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,639 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think ben handled himself in the second half like a reall quarterback If he had time to throw we would win alot more games.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #9
ohiosteelerfan20
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4962

I wish the NFL would come up with the stat 'AVOIDS SACK'. Ben would be leading the league for sure. Ben looks so much better this year than he did last year. I just hope the o line lets him finish the season.
ohiosteelerfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

4tds against the leagues best pass D, great performance Ben. O line just needs to protect the guy
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote