Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Is Polamalu overrated?

Good lord. Didn't take long for the fanbase knee-jerk stupidity to seep through after a loss. Unbelievable. The Defense had a bad game after so many great ones. But hey, let's scrap this whole team and rebuild for the future while we're at it. It's obvious this team isn't very good.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #12
BurghZ0n3
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7054

...maybe last night was the VERY FIRST GAME you watch Polamalu in action??? He did the best he could out there,....it's just the whole D fell apart!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #13
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Good lord. Didn't take long for the fanbase knee-jerk stupidity to seep through after a loss. Unbelievable. The Defense had a bad game after so many great ones. But hey, let's scrap this whole team and rebuild for the future while we're at it. It's obvious this team isn't very good.
thats a great idea.. we can scrap this team and maybe get a better one..lol.. does anyone know where we can get a good team??? anyone???

i am sure they will be watching film and tomlin will have their butts practicing harder now.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #14
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Poloamalu "trails the play?" Polamalu is there on EVERY play. Even the ones where he begins 30 yards away. So, you might see him in the last seconds near the pile. But you didn't see the 30 yard sprint that would have made the tackle, if he'd have been needed to do that.

He plays the high risk/high reward style that has served this team well, and the reason it has served us well is that he guesses right a lot, and that he has the athleticism to recover on most of his wrong guesses.

But you know what? You're right. Let's trade him, and pick up one of those REALLY good guys. You know the ones I mean, the ones who are BETTER. Like... uh....

Or, let's trade him for a draft choice, and get one of those hot cover guys; maybe a Pacman Jones type, a REAL athlete who can cover and return kicks!

Or better yet; why not have the Rooneys dissolve the franchise and invest the money in hedge funds? That would certainly be better than all this messy sports stuff.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #15
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

The only questionable play was the one where he tackled Cutler by the helmet. But that was also a touchdown saving play. I just hate it how our so-called "fans" love to throw someone under the bus when we lose. My mother-in-law is a die hard Steeler fan (lives in the north suburbs) and even she was calling for the Steelers to pull Roethlisburger out of the game and play Batch. I was like...HONESTLY...Just give him a minute.

No, I don't think Polamalu is overrated...

Mike in La Crosse, WI
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #16
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

3rd and long just pass it into the middle of the field for a first time. That seems to be a reoccurring thing and I still attribute that to the scheme. The zone blitz is designed to get QB's to either get sacked or get the ball out early. If the rush isnt there and the QB has all day he is going to find some holes in the zone.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #17
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
No.

Next question?

Ditto....
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #18
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

Is Troy overrated?

Well, this season absolutely. However he has been injured. I was thinking this same thing yesterday, but then I thought this is how fair weather fans think when a star player has one bad game.

Troy is one of the best in the league, and I am not worried about him, as of right now. However if he plays 5 more weeks like how he played vs. Denver we will all have cause to worry.

The only time you knew he was on the field yesterday was because of that personal foul, and him chasing down receivers 20 yards down field.

So this season, compared to past expectations would make him overrated.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #19
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Thank you for giving me my first laugh in 2 weeks.

My dad got very sick and passed away last Tuesday night. I've spent the last week with funeral arrangements, grieving siblings, and a psycho bitch stepmother. It was about as sucky as sucky gets. We drove home from Pa. yesterday and put on our jerseys and headed to our Steeler bar to lift our spirits and well.......obviously that didn't work as well as we planned.

Troy overrated?????? Thank you from the bottom of my heart for a very good laugh!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #20
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Thank you for giving me my first laugh in 2 weeks.

My dad got very sick and passed away last Tuesday night. I've spent the last week with funeral arrangements, grieving siblings, and a psycho bitch stepmother. It was about as sucky as sucky gets. We drove home from Pa. yesterday and put on our jerseys and headed to our Steeler bar to lift our spirits and well.......obviously that didn't work as well as we planned.

Troy overrated?????? Thank you from the bottom of my heart for a very good laugh!
Sorry for your loss and glad you could find a chuckle from the ridiculous fair weather fans.