Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default 10 thoughts on the game

Just some thoughts on the game last night.

1) I thought that Tomlin made some good adjustments in the second half, but our offensive gameplan was weak.

2) If I had to hear Madden call our Coach.."Tomlinson" one more time I may have had to poke my eye out with a rusty fork.

3) Jay Cutler is going to be special

4) If I had to see 5'10 190 lbs Deshea Townsend try and arm tackle 6'4 237 lbs Brandon Marshall again.....well...(see #2...other eye.)

5) We are still winning the division...I could care less if we go 10-6...11-5...12-4...as long as we PEAK when the playoff starts.

6) I may never learn that asking my wife to "watch football" with me translates through the female filter as: "sit with me while the game is one and lets talk about the kids...the bills...your work...my work...your family...your friends...church...siding the house...cleaning the gutters....having a cookout next weekend....your upcoming scrapbooking party...shopping...your hair....your weight...my weight.... and the occasional comment that 'you cant be listening if your not looking at me'...etc"

7) Harrison is very prone to biting on the pump fake, but his playing speed is also faster than he gets credit for.

8) I have wore my Lambert throwback jersey to work twice this year...one on the day of the Arizona game, and the other yesterday. Going back to #36 until I can get the tainted jersey to my local shaman and have him sprinkle holy water on it while doing the Hokey-Pokey.

9) Those who say we never use our Tight Ends can now shut up. Miller is as good as anyone in the game and Spaeth has great hands, catches everything away from his body and pulls it in very smooth.

10) We , of the Steelers Nation are a finicky emotional bunch.....I hope this morning you have all joined me in getting over our ritual after-loss grumpiness, have took a deep breath and are getting everything back into perspective.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 10-22-2007 at 10:19 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890
Default Re: 10 thoughts on the game

#6 is funny because that is what happened to me last night. Although at 21-7 my wife left the room to get away from my tantrums.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

Great Post, LLT...

I especially liked point #6. Why is it that the wife and kids find THAT particular moment to want to get up into your face... Drives me NUTS...

I love our tight end sets, too.

My major thought is that if you take away our turnovers, we would have WON that game. Sloppy play and play calling and all!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Good observations, LLT..especially #5 and #9.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #5
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

Hey - not all wives are like #6. (Though that was pretty funny) Some of us want to watch the game more than our husbands do. Just saying.

I liked #8 as well. We all have our little superstitions that help our team, don't we? I take full credit for the win over Seattle - I noticed if I played Solitaire on the computer, we did well. If I got up and sat down to watch the game proper, we messed up. So I spent 3 hours playing Solitaire and listening to the game instead. I guess I should have tried playing Solitaire last night - couldn't have hurt!
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
Hey - not all wives are like #6. (Though that was pretty funny) Some of us want to watch the game more than our husbands do. Just saying.
Kittyfish start a blog for wives and husbands of Steelers fans to inform them of how to behave while a Steelers game is on.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

Heh - that's easy. Go away and leave me alone and do your best to ignore the shouting, cheering and cursing from the next room. When the game is over, come back in and celebrate our victory or mourn our loss with me, depending on how the game went. :-D
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
KYSteelersfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7447

Personally, I absolutely love #8. I also agree with what everybody says about #6. That's why I went to the bedroom, locked to door and DARED anybody to knock while crying over our defense.

The defense just seemed to be flat last night. We didn't blitz as much as usual, we only had 1 interception, no forced fumbles, and gave up sooooo many 3rd and long plays it was pathetic. *sigh* Oh well, let's get ready to stomp the Bungles in the ground this Sunday
Old 10-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

You nailed some awesome points.

Your #'s 2, 4, 5, and 9 probably make up the things I distinctly remember from the game and/or pissed me off the most. They are probably #'s 2,3,4, and 5 (in no particular order), in my book. However, the # 1 biggest thing I remember from last night was how bad the O-line was.

We need a good draft so badly. I really like this year's draft, LB was an obv. need... Sepulveda-awesome
Speath-turns out to be a beast redzone target, think we got a real steal.
Gay-made the roster, wish we'd see a little more of him maybe, impressive in preseason.

All these seem like great SKILL position players with loads of potential.

But we all know this game is won in the trenches. The o-line is atrocious. Seriously, I've been so impressed with Bens escaping ability/making things happen when the pocket breaks down this year.

On the flip side. The o-line makes me want to puke. Not just sometimes, but usually all the time. The pocket breaks down on ben wayyyyyyyyy too much, how many times do you see him shrug off a defender ... duck underneath another defender ... then do some little tip-toe/spin move to get by ANOTHER defender, then run out of the pocket and complete a pass?

"Ohhhh, Ahhhhh, That was so awesome by ben." But in the back of your mind, don't you ever think, man, he has to do that WAY too much.

And I don't even want to think of what it's going to be like next year when faneca is gone. Hes the best run blocker in the league, we run over the left on faneca and smiths side, mmm ALL the time.

Not only do we need to use atleast two first day picks next year on the o-line, (I would be satisfied if we just took one in the first), but we need to NAIL the picks, and get an immediate starter, not some two year project bullshit. Do some reshuffling or something also, i dunno, ANYTHING.

There are no joke like, four or five joe thomas's in this years draft. If we pass up on the o-line in the first day of the draft next year, I'm gonna probably think about becoming a patriots fan.***

***JK, I wouldn't do that even if i could pick up all of Tom Brady's baby's-momma leftovers.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,723 Times in 2,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post

2) If I had to hear Madden call our Coach.."Tomlinson" one more time I may have had to poke my eye out with a rusty fork.

9) Those who say we never use our Tight Ends can now shut up. Miller is as good as anyone in the game and Spaeth has great hands, catches everything away from his body and pulls it in very smooth.
you mean Tim Spaeth, right? i usually like al michaels, but after the superbowl, him or madden cant go out of their way to say something positive (or even correct) about the steelers.