Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Who is with me?

Our season will be made or broken in the next 2 to 4 games.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:18 AM   #12
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,030 Times in 1,277 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

We will be ok just need to work on a few issues this week.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnightxX
Im a believer all the way its the fact that we lost such a favored game in an uncharecteristic manner. Probably what angers a lot of people the most is that the way they played tonight reminded us of the way they were last year and it just brings back irritating memories. well at least to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw87a View Post
you said my exact thoughts...EXACTLY. it just brought back memories from last season and realizing how those damn turnovers hurt us. without a few of our turnovers tonight, WE WIN! have to admit, this thread did make me feel a little better. i was pretty angry.
That pretty much sums it up for me too. That was a game we should have won, and except for the 2006 revisited turnovers, we would have. However, we did make an impressive comeback attempt in the second half - too bad it wasn't quite enough. I took it hard, but am feeling better today. It's certainly not the end of the world, or the end of the season. Time to concentrate on next week's game. Onward and upward!
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #14
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

There is a cause for panic.

Yes, all the bad gameplanning and lack of focus/fire can be fixed.

BUT can our offensive line be fixed this season and actually block people???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm usually the Steelers biggest cheerleader, but last night was a reality check. Denver is not a good football team. They were a couple lucky bounces from being 0-5 entering the game. The Chargers slapped them up and down that same field just a couple weeks ago, and the Chargers aren't all that great this year.

We have lost two road games on the road against VERY questionable opponents. If we continue this pattern we are going to be 9-7 this year. This team is going to have to learn to beat bad road opponents, and they need to learn NOW. We play at Cincinnati next Sunday, and the Bengals are amongst the worst 5 football teams in the NFL. If we play anything like we did yesterday against the Bengals still potent offense, we are going to lose 50-30.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #16
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm usually the Steelers biggest cheerleader, but last night was a reality check. Denver is not a good football team. They were a couple lucky bounces from being 0-5 entering the game. The Chargers slapped them up and down that same field just a couple weeks ago, and the Chargers aren't all that great this year.

We have lost two road games on the road against VERY questionable opponents. If we continue this pattern we are going to be 9-7 this year. This team is going to have to learn to beat bad road opponents, and they need to learn NOW. We play at Cincinnati next Sunday, and the Bengals are amongst the worst 5 football teams in the NFL. If we play anything like we did yesterday against the Bengals still potent offense, we are going to lose 50-30.
Second that!
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Our season will be made or broken in the next 2 to 4 games.
I agree. The next 3 games will make or break our season

@ Bungholes
vs Ratbirds
vs Brownies

We need to sweep the division
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #18
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

True that. A measuring stick of a good team is that they beat the teams they are supposed to beat. On the bright side, hopefully they take something away from the adversity and use it against the Ravens and Patsies later on.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #19
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Have you seen New England, and the Colts lately?????? How come we can only seem to turn it on when our backs are against the wall? It makes a season very difficult to watch, and puts a huge strain on my heart, bloodpressure, amongst other things. I guess It could be worse I guess I could be a ravens, or worse yet a bangles fan.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #20
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
I agree. The next 3 games will make or break our season

@ Bungholes
vs Ratbirds
vs Brownies

We need to sweep the division
Agreed! We must win all 3 of these games and if we do will have a solid hold on the divisions. These games are very winnable, but Ravens will be our biggest trouble blitzing 8 each play and our O-line needs to show up that game!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote