Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075
Default Re: Ben Gets No Love from the Zebras!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Steelers View Post
The refs blew the whistle and 2 or 3 more Broncos pile on Ben and nothing was call. The other thig that bothered me was the no call on the Broncos tackle hooking Harrison because Harrison was kicking his arse.
Speaking of zebras----one one of those sacks I think it took at least five guys to finally bring Ben down---it reminded me of one of those "wild kingdom" shows where it takes 6 hyenas to finally get the zebra or antelope down--- after a heroic but tragic effort by the zebra.

The problem is Ben is a big tough guy----and the refs don't protect him as much as carson "wwaaaa waaaa" palmer or others. That said, the o-lines of brady and manning are steller----there is a reason why those two don't get hurt.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #12
KYSteelersfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7447

Maybe Ben should throw at the refs "private area" just like Burt Reynolds in "The Longest Yard". He would get a HUGE penalty from the NFL, but it would be funny as hell to see it.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #13
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

The Broncos should have gotten a penalty for the play when there were like 5 of them sacking Ben, but they didn't knock him down and then after the whistle, they knock Ben over and his neck almost snapped. They are so lucky that Ben didn't get hurt. I almost broke our new TV remote on that play. It reminded me of the one play last year in the 1st Cleveland game where the ball was tipped or something and Ben was running to try and get off the field, but they one Brown comes up and like pushes Ben down and then Ben gets up and he does it again. That's why we had to get a new remote because I threw the old one down during that play.

Unless Ben legally changes his name to crybabies Brady, Manning or Palmer, he will never get a roughing the passer penalty.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #14
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Unless Ben legally changes his name to crybabies Brady, Manning or Palmer, he will never get a roughing the passer penalty.
Ben got knocked out cold last year and there was no penalty. One of our guys pulled down Drew Bees' sock last year and got one. I understand the concept, but there's no consistancy.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #15
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Yeah this double standard BS pisses me off to no ends, if someone did that to Brady, Manning or Palmer they'd probably get ejected

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Yeah this double standard BS pisses me off to no ends, if someone did that to Brady, Manning or Palmer they'd probably get ejected
Here is the problem though... The refs blow the whistle, and we all get ticked off because Ben can break out of that and throw the ball.

I was actually pretty happy with the reffing last night. The ONE thing that ticked me off was when Ben was THROWN down AFTER the whistle. I didn't mind them piling on. It is Ben, that is the only way he will go down. It was THROWING him down that ticked me off.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #17
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203

Ben doesn't need any love from the officials. Good teams don't need the refs to "help" them out.

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:06 PM   #18
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
Ben doesn't need any love from the officials. Good teams don't need the refs to "help" them out.

-Mike
I don't think folks are asking for help - just equitable and consistent calls. We get a 15-yard penalty when the opposing QB turns into a RB, runs 30+ yards and gets hit, but our QB gets body-slammed by 5 opposing defensive players and no penalty is called? Sorry, wrong answer.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #19
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I don't think folks are asking for help - just equitable and consistent calls.
Good point. I'm just nervous people are going to start blaming the refs for not showing us "love", or Ben specifically.

I have always prided myself on Steeler fans not being like the whiny Scoobyhawk fans who look to the refs everytime they lose a game. Some of you Steeler fans only got a small sample of it from SBXL. It's like that all the time up here, and it makes me sick to hear them.

But yeah, I can see the disparity I suppose.

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
Good point. I'm just nervous people are going to start blaming the refs for not showing us "love", or Ben specifically.

I have always prided myself on Steeler fans not being like the whiny Scoobyhawk fans who look to the refs everytime they lose a game. Some of you Steeler fans only got a small sample of it from SBXL. It's like that all the time up here, and it makes me sick to hear them.

But yeah, I can see the disparity I suppose.

-Mike
And that is also a great point, MJ. I certainly didn't blame the loss on that horrible call at the end of the game that made all the difference between the Broncos being in Elam's FG range and not - I would imagine some folks would. No, I blame it on the O playing terrible in the 1st half, the D playing terrible for the entire game, and the Broncos realizing that there is a HUGE difference between being 3-3 and 2-4.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote