Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #21
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Good Game Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreRAYvens52 View Post
I know, you lost to the Cardinals. Ill admit our offense is horrible, but our D still dominates Ben every time. How many sacks did he have last time?
Are you asking how many sacks Ben had?....You do know that he is a QB...right.

OHHHHH you're a Ravens fan..Let me start from the basics....

You see, Each team has an offense and a defense. the offense are those players on the field when WE have the ball....The defense is on the field when the OTHER team has the ball.

When that defense tackles a QB behind the line of scrimmage AND he has the ball..its called a sack.

Now, since one of the players on the offense is the QB....it means he is on the team when WE have the ball. He can GET sacked...but not Have a sack...because that would involve the other teams QB being on the field at the same time.

Please feel free to pass this information on to Pastor Lewis
thank you.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #22
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
OMG. Denver is awful. They had a patchwork oline, a bad defense to begin with made worse by the fact that they were missing some of their best players, and they were a couple lucky plays away from being 0-5 going into this game. Yes they were at home and had their backs to the wall, but this also the same Denver team that was CRUSHED at home against a very average San Diego team. We have lost to two bad teams on the road in a row. There was very little positive to take out of this game, and it's important to put Denvers talent level in proper perspective. They are a bad football team and we lost to them yesterday.

All true for the most part but the key factor was motivation. Denver just wanted it more and by the time the Steelers matched it......too late.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #23
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

[they still stopped them when they needed

Sorry no disrespect. They needed a stop in the last minute, They needed to stop them on the countless 3rd and 14's. With absolutely no ability to make any of these STOPS we are in huge trouble. Have you seen these Elite teams in which we just proved were not. We don't have a prayer against these guys if we are only a fraction as bad as we were last night. Sorry but that sentence needs to be edited from your thread as soon as possible. Oh yeah Great running attack too??? These Elite teams don't stand for mediocrady. We shouldn't either. I paid over a thousand dollars too see them this year on dec. 16th sure hope I haven't wasted my money.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #24
StoolersRDroolers
Water Boy

Member Number: 7525

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
OHHHHH you're a Ravens fan..Let me start from the basics....

You see, Each team has an offense and a defense. the offense are those players on the field when WE have the ball....The defense is on the field when the OTHER team has the ball.
The things is, the Ratbirds don't have an offense. He wouldn't understand. There defense runs around like a Raven with their head cut off.
StoolersRDroolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #25
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Actually... Ben really impressed me tonight.
I agree. For all that went wrong for him in the first half, Ben was practically flawless in the second half (many writers called his second-half performance "superb" and I agree). That's what the media folks mean when they say that a quarterback put the team on his shoulders. And if ever there was solid evidence that Ben is more than a "game manager," it was in full display last night. That right there is a franchise quarterback, albeit one who is still learning and is going to make mistakes.

I'm still scratching my head at the gameplan....and apparently the O-line and defense were as well, since there was precious little evidence of the team that won four of their first five games. All the rest of our opponents now have two games worth of film that show exactly how to beat us, and if major adjustments aren't made in our pass defense, I have a feeling it's gonna be a rollercoaster season.

The main thing I learned from last night's game: we are not in the Indy/New England class -- not saying we won't be as the season progresses (assuming the needed O-line and defensive improvements happen), just that we aren't right now.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Motivation? Why wouldn't the Steelers be motivated to win this game? It was a national platform game against a bad team. They had two weeks to get ready, and I'm sure they are just as inundated with all the Pats garbage as the rest of us are. They should have won that game by 3 TD's.