Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #21
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117
Default Re: 10 thoughts on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Just some thoughts on the game last night.

1) I thought that Tomlin made some good adjustments in the second half, but our offensive game plan was weak.

2) If I had to hear Madden call our Coach.."Tomlinson" one more time I may have had to poke my eye out with a rusty fork.

3) Jay Cutler is going to be special

4) If I had to see 5'10 190 lbs Deshea Townsend try and arm tackle 6'4 237 lbs Brandon Marshall again.....well...(see #2...other eye.)

5) We are still winning the division...I could care less if we go 10-6...11-5...12-4...as long as we PEAK when the playoff starts.

6) I may never learn that asking my wife to "watch football" with me translates through the female filter as: "sit with me while the game is one and lets talk about the kids...the bills...your work...my work...your family...your friends...church...siding the house...cleaning the gutters....having a cookout next weekend....your upcoming scrap booking party...shopping...your hair....your weight...my weight.... and the occasional comment that 'you cant be listening if your not looking at me'...etc"

7) Harrison is very prone to biting on the pump fake, but his playing speed is also faster than he gets credit for.

8) I have wore my Lambert throwback jersey to work twice this year...one on the day of the Arizona game, and the other yesterday. Going back to #36 until I can get the tainted jersey to my local shaman and have him sprinkle holy water on it while doing the Hokey-Pokey.

9) Those who say we never use our Tight Ends can now shut up. Miller is as good as anyone in the game and Spaeth has great hands, catches everything away from his body and pulls it in very smooth.

10) We , of the Steelers Nation are a finicky emotional bunch.....I hope this morning you have all joined me in getting over our ritual after-loss grumpiness, have took a deep breath and are getting everything back into perspective.
I have to agree with them all
especially #6
As far as #8-I have brought my wife and kids with me to watch two games and we lost them both. I love them with all my being but...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #22
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Nice list----I will just say, I agree with most everything except:

# 3---I'm not sold on Cutler yet. Though I believe he will be the best of the three (Lienert/Young/Culter)

#6 ---- I respectfully mention that I'm a "wife" who is more into the Steelers, and football in general, than my husband. There are a lot of us out there----you could have found one of us---but no, you married your wife because you loved her. So you just have to deal with it. ;)

# 8----phew, I'm glad it was you---I thought that I caused the bad karma by not wearing my heath miller jersey. The only other game I didn't wear it was the Arizona game (where I wore my old Porter Jersey---after Arizona I retired that one)
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:01 PM   #23
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Great observations, and yes i agree def. with #10 we are emotional fans because we love and care about our team more than anyone.

I also feel that our defense couldn't get much going letting them drive down the field and score 21 points which is not like our 9.4 points a game.

There well planned screen plays when we blitzed worked to perfection and we could work on covering that better!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #24
Boomerang
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7503

#6# is a classic, been there before. Could be worse, she could be a closet Bungles fan

"Don't doubt me, because that's when I get stronger.. ..Marvin Hagler
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #25
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you mean Tim Spaeth, right? i usually like al michaels, but after the superbowl, him or madden cant go out of their way to say something positive (or even correct) about the steelers.
Thats because Madden still sees Franco running to the endzone after making the immaculate reception!
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #26
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Funny.

#6 is exactly what happened to me last night! I told my wife, "Is this REALLY the right time to discuss this."
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:06 PM   #27
steelersfanmx
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2012

My wife is a Broncos fan.. so well.. sunday night almost ends in a divorce...!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #28
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Great list.....#6 LMFAO !!!!!! My wife adopted the STEELERS when we married ..I think she knew it would make much more peaceful home...she knows better than to start that "yack" w/ me while I'm watching my beloved STEELERS...

I did sleep crappy...kept thinking we didn't run the ball enough, and we left too much time for them to score in the last minute...

But we have the "arrest warrants" this week ,and I'm sure we'll remind them that they suck...my buddy from work is a Bunghole fan and we have our annual 12-pack wager...Beer always taste better when someone else buys!!!!!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Steelers View Post
As far as #8-I have brought my wife and kids with me to watch two games and we lost them both.
When I first read this I had to ask myself.....The wife and kids...or the games!!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote