Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #21
Davison_K
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5369
Default Re: Sorry Lasts nights game begs the question

The Steelers played a good second half. You all seem to forget that Pittsburgh (mainly Ben) had 3 turnovers. ALL three were answered by Denver touchdowns. Did our defense play its best game? Far from it, but the NFL hasn't changed that much from last year, or any year before that, if you turn the ball over too much, you loose the game. It doesn't matter how well you play otherwise. This wasn't all Ben's fault though. Our oline was god awful, and the play calling was less than stellar. ESPECIALLY with the way FWP was playing. Willie could have had a field day if they gave him the carries. He showed it when he did touch the ball. We were running the football down their throat even with 8 guys in the box. We passed when we should have ran and we ran when we should have passed. It was just dumb.

Now to answer your question. Can we beat the Pats, Colts, and/or Jags? It is surely possible when we play to our abilities. Do I find it likely? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Yeah, but the Bengals don't play defense. If it's talent versus talent, we should light them up for 50.
The Bengals are a far more talented team on offense. It is a good thing Henry won't be back next week. That gives us hope even if our defense plays as poorly as it did against Denver.
Davison_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 PM   #22
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

If we don't turn the freaking ball over, then yes we can at least compete the Pats and Colts. At this point I don't know if the Steelers can beat them. Those two are just clicking right now. Lack of execution killed the Steelers last night. The Broncs capitalized on our mistakes. 3 turnovers? Seriously now.

Oh well, what's the point of rooting for the Steelers if they aren't going anywhere this season? I mean, it's obviously going to come down to the Pats and Colts in the AFC this year. Time to hang it up and call it a season. Why? Because this team all of the sudden blows, we have a rookie coach, and the Pats and Colts are invincible. NO WAY in hell they beat them. I'd advise you you all do the same, and just give up. /sarcasm/

Look what beating up everyone in 2004 en route to 15-1 did for the Steelers in 2004. I'm going to wait a couple more weeks and see what this team does in December and January before labeling them anything.

Last edited by Edman; 10-22-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #23
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

The next three weeks will give us a better understanding of our chances in making the playoffs
Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #24
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTEupyourarse View Post
no one team is invincible! yes, i think we can beat the patriots, colts, jags, etc. you have to outplay your opponent. that is what denver did to us last night and we are a much better team than they are but the beat us. it still hurts today!
I think that the Steelers can beat any one of the aforementioned teams BUT at this point I don't believe that they can beat ALL of them and that may be the ingredients necessary in order to cook up another Super Bowl win.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:36 AM   #25
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,439 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

We have to rebound starting with the bengals we could be a team that could make a run in the playoffs but our offensive line needs to improve and we need fewer turnovers than what we had against denver we can play ball.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:13 AM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davison_K View Post
The Bengals are a far more talented team on offense. It is a good thing Henry won't be back next week. That gives us hope even if our defense plays as poorly as it did against Denver.
The oline of the Bengals is overrated. They have a slight edge in talent at a couple skill positions. We have the better RB and TE. And by talent versus talent, I mean our good defense against their good offense, and our good offense against their nonexistant defense.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #27
TapOut64
Water Boy

Member Number: 1664

Definitely can beat the Jags, it would take high winds and snow to beat the Patriots.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #28
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886
Default Re: Sorry Last nights game begs the question

The Steelers will still win the division and host a wild card game. I hope.