Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #31
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Some props to Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Steelers View Post
And the O-Line gave him what he needed to get it done. Good team effort.
Not really...

Ben had to step aside, step up, run, step back, etc. etc. etc. WAY too many times.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #32
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Not really...

Ben had to step aside, step up, run, step back, etc. etc. etc. WAY too many times.
He does it well....but my blood pressure goes up every time I see him having to do it......again.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #33
FOOTEupyourarse
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 3310

he got hit a couple of times because he held on to the ball too long and you cant expect the o-line to hold their blocks too long but i think we all expect them to atleast hold them for more than 2 seconds! they need to step it up from here on out
Old 10-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #34
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTEupyourarse View Post
he got hit a couple of times because he held on to the ball too long and you cant expect the o-line to hold their blocks too long but i think we all expect them to atleast hold them for more than 2 seconds! they need to step it up from here on out
Should hold it for at least 3 seconds.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #35
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

If is wasn't for Ben being very good at breaking tackles and giving himself time we would be in a worse situation. I love that he can do that def. last night when Denver was all over our O-line who had a terrible game. Ben did what he could and the one pick was not his fault and he brought us back, relied on the denfense, but the mistakes earlier in the game hurt us!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #36
steelkills
Water Boy

Member Number: 7144
Default DID WHAT HE NEEDED TO TO WIN!!

I DONT GIVE A CRAP HOW THE GAME STARTED, WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT,BEN LED AN 80 YRD DRIVE TO TIE THE GAME, INT'S OR NOT,IT WAS TIED PEOPLE. AT THAT POINT HE DID HIS JOB, THE DEFENSE PLAIN STUNK, THEY BLEW IT IN THE END, HE WAS AWESOME AND DIDN WHAT NO OTHER AND I REPEAtTNO OTHER QB UNDER THAT PRESSURE COULD HAVE DONE INCLUDING MANNING OR BRADY. WE ALL SEEN WHAT MANNING AND BRADY DID AGAINST US IN THE GAMES THEY LOST TO US WHEN THEY WERE UNDER THE TYPE OF PRESSURE BEN WAS UNDER LAST NIGHT, THEY FOLDED LIKE A CHEAP SUIT AND YES, THEY LOST, IT WASNT EVEN NEARLY AS CLOSE AS IT WAS LAST NIGHT, SO ALL YOU BEN BASHERS SHUT YOUR BLOW HOLE!!!
steelkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #37
Preacher
Living Legend

Default Re: DID WHAT HE NEEDED TO TO WIN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelkills View Post
I DONT GIVE A CRAP HOW THE GAME STARTED, WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT,BEN LED AN 80 YRD DRIVE TO TIE THE GAME, INT'S OR NOT,IT WAS TIED PEOPLE. AT THAT POINT HE DID HIS JOB, THE DEFENSE PLAIN STUNK, THEY BLEW IT IN THE END, HE WAS AWESOME AND DIDN WHAT NO OTHER AND I REPEAtTNO OTHER QB UNDER THAT PRESSURE COULD HAVE DONE INCLUDING MANNING OR BRADY. WE ALL SEEN WHAT MANNING AND BRADY DID AGAINST US IN THE GAMES THEY LOST TO US WHEN THEY WERE UNDER THE TYPE OF PRESSURE BEN WAS UNDER LAST NIGHT, THEY FOLDED LIKE A CHEAP SUIT AND YES, THEY LOST, IT WASNT EVEN NEARLY AS CLOSE AS IT WAS LAST NIGHT, SO ALL YOU BEN BASHERS SHUT YOUR BLOW HOLE!!!
http://www.learnntc.com/tools/Comput...erTenRules.cfm

:Line three please!

(It applies to more then just emails!)
Old 10-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #38
BurghZ0n3
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7054

Hmm...our last drive reminded me of Maddox, when we're down at the last few minutes. We scored 8 points at the end of the drive and won in the playoff against BROWNS....I think Maddox managed the clock well until the last few seocnds, so the opp (motored by Arians back then) wouldn't have enough time to come back for a score....
Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #39
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

On a night where our defense did not play up to par and, we did have three turnovers we still almost won the game. Ben had us right there at the end and, I think the play calling in the first half cost us the most. I know Champ is not playing so we throw more like the 03 steelers. It is too easy to seat here and complain about it so, Sunday it is all about the bungals. We need to forget the last game and play steelers football which is a balanced attack. If our o line does their job Ben has showed he is a very effective QB. It is not time too push the panic button we just need to regroup and, come out and crush the bungals! Plus Willie almost broke two or three of the runs big time we must show more faith in our ground game.
Give Ben some credit here I know two picks and a fumble but, one of the picks was tipped. It seems to me we our the only team that can't have turnovers and win. Look at the Dallas - Bills game 5 int's for Romo and they still win. If was not for Ben making plays in the second half that game could have been real ugly. I know it was bad enough and, this week we stop the bleeding and get back to steeler football.

Striker
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #40
Rob64
Water Boy

Member Number: 6042

I don't care whoi the QB is. If Brady faced the pressue Ben does he would be very average. Ben handles it great and his escapeability is a big plus with the way the line is playing.
Rob64 is offline   Reply With Quote