Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: LaMarr Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
I like Woodley too,,,,but what happenned to the first round stud Timmons?
dont know.. we could sure use his ability in coverage though. tight ends consistently do well against us.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
I like Woodley too,,,,but what happenned to the first round stud Timmons?
4 months without playing ball because of injury will do that to a person when they are trying to step up into a new team, in a higher league, and break into a starting lineup. I'm not worried about him.

Now if we don't see him NEXT year... I will start to worry.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #13
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default The Horse's mouth

On Woodley:

Tomlin on rookie LB LaMarr Woodley: "You're talking about a guy who probably has played 65, 66 snaps and has three sacks. That tells us we need to play him more," possibly starting Sunday at Cincinnati.

Play calling in Denver:

Tomlin said. "Willie Parker ran the ball 10 times for 48 yards in the first half, and he ran it 10 times for 17 yards in the first half (Oct. 7) against Seattle. But Seattle was characterized as a great running game because of how we finished, how we won the game."

And finally:

"When the quarterback had a nice 31-yard play on a scramble, we weren't where we were supposed to be. When they hit the tight end down the field on their first scoring drive, for a significant gain, we weren't where we're supposed to be. We've got to get better and we've got to get better in a lot of areas."

In other words?...We score on Offense but We win with our Defense That I like.

Copyright ? 2007 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.
http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...naqEsbovsbjRMw
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
jjpro11
Living Legend

who would he start for? harrison and haggans have been playing quite well.. he's too small to play DE in the 3-4.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:26 PM   #15
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
4 months without playing ball because of injury will do that to a person when they are trying to step up into a new team, in a higher league, and break into a starting lineup. I'm not worried about him.

Now if we don't see him NEXT year... I will start to worry.
no doubt. not to mention hes so raw. woodley was basically a four year starter. He's been a monster on special teams, and shows just how much athletic ability he actually has.

but it is definitly disappointing seeing Willis, Poz, and Beason all starting. But what can you do?
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #16
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
who would he start for? harrison and haggans have been playing quite well.. he's too small to play DE in the 3-4.
That's what I'm wondering because Tomlin is unhappy with someone in particular based on what I read in the Canadian Press. I have to wait until NFL Replay on Wed. to watch the entire game.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
jjpro11
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
no doubt. not to mention hes so raw. woodley was basically a four year starter. He's been a monster on special teams, and shows just how much athletic ability he actually has.

but it is definitly disappointing seeing Willis, Poz, and Beason all starting. But what can you do?
to be fair, we didnt have a chance to take willis and poz is out for the season. plus none of them would be full time starters with our linebacker anyhow. willis would play the most in our defense.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #18
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Quote:
to be fair, we didnt have a chance to take willis and poz is out for the season. plus none of them would be full time starters with our linebacker anyhow. willis would play the most in our defense.
right well, I wasn't really arguing that we should have taken someone else.

there were 4 linebackers taken in the first 34 picks of the draft. 5 if you want you count Anthony Spencer as an OLB for dallas. Of those, Lawrence Timmons is the only one not starting. I guess disappointing isn't the word I should have used, because i wouldnt really want him starting.

But i def, think he should be in active rotation, you're never gonna learn unless you get the experience, we've been up in some games by a lot and he hasn't got much playing time at all (or atleast it seems like to me)

I don't know if thats a reflection of practice or what, but i know he's been awesome on ST coverage units. I don't know what you have to do to get more playing time. It said that woodley was in on what, 66 plays? ... I bet timmons' total isn't even half that (although, I would be curious to find out if anyone knows???)

But yes, I would have to say out of all the teams (dallas, carolina, sanfran, bills), we are/were definitly in the best shape at LB, before the draft, and now. Also, injuries, (dal-greg ellis, carolina-dan morgan, patrick willis was going to be a must start anyways, bills-spikes left).
Old 10-24-2007, 12:25 AM   #19
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Quote:
right well, I wasn't really arguing that we should have taken someone else.

there were 4 linebackers taken in the first 34 picks of the draft. 5 if you want you count Anthony Spencer as an OLB for dallas. Of those, Lawrence Timmons is the only one not starting. I guess disappointing isn't the word I should have used, because i wouldnt really want him starting.

But i def, think he should be in active rotation, you're never gonna learn unless you get the experience, we've been up in some games by a lot and he hasn't got much playing time at all (or atleast it seems like to me)

I don't know if thats a reflection of practice or what, but i know he's been awesome on ST coverage units. I don't know what you have to do to get more playing time. It said that woodley was in on what, 66 plays? ... I bet timmons' total isn't even half that (although, I would be curious to find out if anyone knows???)

But yes, I would have to say out of all the teams (dallas, carolina, sanfran, bills), we are/were definitly in the best shape at LB, before the draft, and now. Also, injuries, (dal-greg ellis, carolina-dan morgan, patrick willis was going to be a must start anyways, bills-spikes left).
Old 10-24-2007, 03:47 AM   #20
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,100 Posts

I think you will see woodleys playing time increase that game against denver he came at cutler like a bat out of hell for the sack he looked explosive.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote