Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-26-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
Blitzburgh Gator
Water Boy

Member Number: 7452
Default Re: Dr.Z: Steelers headed for a season collapse.

In the next 3 games....

If we go 3-0 - These other teams are not good enough to go on much of a winning streak, so at least a 2 game lead on everyone with a jump on the tiebreakers would be absolutely huge. Pretty much the division race would be over..

If we go 2-1 - Still in very good shape with a 6-3 record, still the division favorites.

If we go 1-2 - Ugh, not good. Better fix things quick or we're in trouble.

0-3 - Not going to happen, and not even going to think about it...

We have a real chance to put a stranglehold on the AFC North in the next 3 games. We are a better team than the other 3, so it comes down to the preparation and execution for us.
If we somehow lose this division, we only have ourselves to blame.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 AM   #12
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
After watching that game again last night on NFL Replay, it came down to lack of pressure on the pass rush
If you don't factor in our monster sack week against Fry/Cleve, sacks very ave as they were last year. Does the creative blitzing ever leave us more exposed if we aren't getting additional pressure from it?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #13
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Time to get our number one and two draft picks involved in the game plan to muster up some pressure. A number one should already be contributing or he shouldn't have been drafted to begin with. Are we just grooming this guy to be the redskins big FA aquisition down the road??? I'm not saying they should be starting but lets rotate them in a few plays to give the starters a breather.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #14
Steeldude
Living Legend

luckily the NFL is full of bad teams. the steelers will need those bad teams if they want to make it into the post-season. the O-line is a complete joke. i have been saying for over 5 years that the steelers need to take their O-line seriously in the draft.

it took them long enough to address the LB situation.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

What is Dr Z about 100 years old now? Every time I see him near the model Brooke he looks like he's going to have a heart attack. I love the guys who claim they can write yet have never played a second of football in there life.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #16
rbryan
Team President

I would like to know when accountability for the hundreds of predictions that are wrong comes into play. Most of these guys aren't any better at predictions than the average guy sitting next to you at the bar.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #17
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I have a prediction to Rival that of Dr. Z or whoever...I predict that I will watch the game in my Troy P Jersey (on now on Friday Jeans day so its a sure fire win) and that I will scream at the TV and demand a 1st down run call instead of trying to be sneaky and throw on first every effing time.

Other than that, the Bengals are team ready to implode completely. When we dominate them, and beat the snot out of their skulls, they will fall apart completely. There are going to be some Roster changes of significant proportions on that team at the end of the year. Chad? maybe so. That team is a mess and needs cleaned up from the top to the bottom. The Steelers will blitz more, pressure Carson (I'm so great) Palmer and win this game easily. There will be no stupid penalties for head hunting, Troy! or for holding on a 3rd and long conversion and we will dominate the TOP and keep that "high powered" offense off the field.

Steelers win. Bengals implode, and I will Rejoice...those are my predictions.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #18
rbryan
Team President

I predict that Dr zzzzz along with most sports magazines(due to the internet) are on the same path as the dinosaurs. Does anyone actually subscribe to SI anymore??? By the time that rag is on the street every story is a week old.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
What is Dr Z about 100 years old now? Every time I see him near the model Brooke he looks like he's going to have a heart attack. I love the guys who claim they can write yet have never played a second of football in there life.
Ummm - Z did not play pro but he definitely played ball

As a 15-year-old, Zimmerman sparred with Ernest Hemingway in a Manhattan gym. He sustained four broken noses as an offensive lineman in high school (Horace Mann High in the Bronx, N.Y.), at two colleges (Stanford and Columbia) and for his Army team (the Western Area Command Rhinos, in Germany). He also played semi-professionally in New Jersey for the Paterson Pioneers and the Morristown Colonials

Before joining SI, Zimmerman worked for the New York Journal-American and the New York World-Telegram & Sun, and spent 13 years at the New York Post, where he covered pro football and three Olympic Games. He was one of the few journalists to get close to the Israeli compound during the 1972 hostage-taking in Munich; he bucked two lines of security guards and took a rifle butt to the head.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/wri...ive/index.html

Z has been covering football for about 45 years and is the real deal - his original edition of Thinking Man's Guide To Pro Football that I read in the 70s opened my eyes up to what I was seeing on the field.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Again; it's all filler. No one remembers any of last week's predictions, let alone last years, or those from 5 years ago. The guy has to produce a column, so once a week he guesses. Same as every other writer.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote