Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #21
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Kimmel banned from MNF

i guess that means MTV is actually going to go back to showing music videos..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #22
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Put Cowher and the Bus on MNF next year

Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I guess Frank Caliendo has a new gig on Fox. The giveaway? The 4,987,954 commercials pimping it during all the baseball playoff games.

He's good on Fox's pregame, but it's just a small dose. A whole show? He'll be giving Magic Johnson and Chvey Chase a run for the money as the shortest lived, least viewed late night shows.

As for MNF, I honestly just turn the sound off if the Steelers aren't playing.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #24
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Its getting harder and harder for me to watch the NFL anymore unless the Steelers are playing, Monday night or any other time. Most of the announcers and the media coverage in general have soured me on the game. 24/7 media coverage is killing sports IMO. I was so sick of the build up to last weeks Dallas/NE game that I couldn't bring myself to watch it. (It could be that I can't stand either team, lol)

On a more positive note, I may actually get some work done this football season. Not to mention keep the wife a little happier by not being glued to theTV all weekend.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
. 24/7 media coverage is killing sports IMO.
I dont know. I listen to radio broadcasts of games and still enjoy the play by play. I think the problem with Television broadcasts is that they are putting way to much emphasis on the broadcasting booth and commentators....ie, constant shots of the booth and/or personal stories that have nothing to do with the game, constant sideline updates, "Madden marks" all over the screen....and very often these things are at the expense of missing several plays in the course of the game!!
They need to get back to a realization that sports fans want to WATCH the game and LISTEN to play by play....the GAME should be bigger than those who report it.

'nuff said
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #26
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I dont know. I listen to radio broadcasts of games and still enjoy the play by play. I think the problem with Television broadcasts is that they are putting way to much emphasis on the broadcasting booth and commentators....ie, constant shots of the booth and/or personal stories that have nothing to do with the game, constant sideline updates, "Madden marks" all over the screen....and very often these things are at the expense of missing several plays in the course of the game!!
They need to get back to a realization that sports fans want to WATCH the game and LISTEN to play by play....the GAME should be bigger than those who report it.

'nuff said
Very well said LLT. i tune into the game to actually watch the game. not to listen to some blow hards trying to sound like they actually know football.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #27
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,486 Times in 3,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post

'nuff said
Dr. Z. and you are on the same page about this:

The Falcons-Giants game set a record for MNF, and I'm sure no one but me is aware of what it is. Shortest attention span by an announcing crew. In other words, quickest to lose interest in the game and go on to other topics, such as Jimmy Kimmel and his parade of one-liners. The old record was held by the Madden-Michaels team, which usually would go on to the topics of the day when the margin between the teams got to 10 points or so. But this bunch severed connections with Giants-Atlanta at halftime and substituted Jimmy for it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bag/index.html

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

In my opinion...
Monday Night Football would have been better off keeping John Madden and Michaels as their announcers. Madden is one of the most intellegent men in the NFL and alot of people just didnt like him because of his slow talking style. These 2 in my opinion were one of the best teams out there all time. Of course I loved John Madden and Pat Summerall as well.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Me? I actually liked Dennis Miller on MNF. He did his research, and took the gig seriously. And he brought vocabulary back to the job (like Howard Cosell). But he was too smart for the gig, and most people just don't get it.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #30
dragtruk
Banned

Member Number: 6950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
In my opinion...
Monday Night Football would have been better off keeping John Madden and Michaels as their announcers. Madden is one of the most intellegent men in the NFL and alot of people just didnt like him because of his slow talking style. These 2 in my opinion were one of the best teams out there all time. Of course I loved John Madden and Pat Summerall as well.
I concur. I love Madden's play by play. I even like the screen mark-ups he does. He KNOWS the game, and is great to listen to. MNF better do something quick. I can't stand the lineup. Kornholer sucks. For a (supposedly) funny guy, he ain't too funny. Oh, and I liked Dandy Don too. Cool in his own kind of way.
dragtruk is offline   Reply With Quote