Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #21
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Bengals have issues; Chad's not one of 'em

Speaking of Emmitt and his stellar command of the English language, here's braniac Channing Crowder, another proud product of the superior institution of higher learning that is the University of Florida:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c...e_the_dolphins

Maybe he was joking, but gregarious Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder confessed today he didn’t know until Tuesday that people spoke English in London.

Crowder, a former Florida Gator and Atlanta native, apparently isn’t sure where the plane is headed when it takes off this afternoon for Sunday’s game against the New York Giants in Wembley Stadium.

“I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries,” Crowder said. “I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that.

Go Gators!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #22
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

This discussion of Chad reminds me of the long standing debate, which came first the chicken or the egg??

IOW, Is Chad the reason the bunglers suck or is Marvin Lewis the culprit with Chad's antics the by product of the fact that Marv has no control over the team??
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #23
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
This discussion of Chad reminds me of the long standing debate, which came first the chicken or the egg??

IOW, Is Chad the reason the bunglers suck or is Marvin Lewis the culprit with Chad's antics the by product of the fact that Marv has no control over the team??
We have Chad plus 20,000 arrests to show Lewis has no control.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:18 AM   #24
SuckItUp
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3673

uhh...Chad Johnson is HILARIOUS! Doesn't hurt that he's also one of the most talented recievers in the league too. Just imagine how much crappier the Bengals offense would be without him, or how much more improved ours would be with him?

The reality is, he's a playmaker. I don't care if he talks crap. He backs it up.
SuckItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Yuck. We would win one extra game with him because of his talent and lose 6 others because of his selfishness, ability to distract teammates, showboating and locker room antics all which would destroy the team unity and dynamic which all true winning teams thrive and depend on.

And I find Chad Johnson hilarious, too, in the same way I find stupid people making fools of themselves hilarious. If I ever find myself not laughing at him and laughing with him, I'll be convinced that I'm Charlie from "Flowers for Algernon" and the experimental treatment wore off and I've become retarded again. And, since I've never been retarded, I'm pretty sure that eliminates me from actually ever laughing with him, unless HE starts taking the experimental treatment from the book, which is even more unlikely since it was a work of fiction.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #26
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckItUp View Post
uhh...Chad Johnson is HILARIOUS! Doesn't hurt that he's also one of the most talented recievers in the league too. Just imagine how much crappier the Bengals offense would be without him, or how much more improved ours would be with him?

The reality is, he's a playmaker. I don't care if he talks crap. He backs it up.
And how many years has it been since he scored a TD against us? Seems to me the number is at 3 and counting....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #27
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,752 Times in 1,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckItUp View Post
uhh...Chad Johnson is HILARIOUS!
I thought it was hilarious when he had those gold teeth knocked out his head today.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #28
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

It's also HILARIOUS when he punches a coach, let me tell ya. Real team player right there. Yeah, I'd love to have him. Give the Bengals Parker and Polamalu (since they both suck now) and we can get Chad. Maybe him and Tomlin can exchange post game blows after a loss?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:35 AM   #29
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
It's also HILARIOUS when he punches a coach, let me tell ya. Real team player right there. Yeah, I'd love to have him. Give the Bengals Parker and Polamalu (since they both suck now) and we can get Chad. Maybe him and Tomlin can exchange post game blows after a loss?
Actually... wasn't that the game where we shut em down so bad he decided to do that?

Honestly, again I wonder what would happen if he was on a team that put the smack down on him the first time he tried to act up?

I think that we have had a few chad type players on our team, but the pride of being a Steeler and the discipline instilled by the team were controlling factors on someone like Porter. Santo seemed to be going down that the year before last as well. yeah, I really wonder what would happen if CJ went to a team that would smack him down.

Do I want him? no. Cause I wouldn't want the risk!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote