Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: One possible area of concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
You expect the Ravens to move the ball? They have been horrible on offense all season.

The transition of the D to Tomlin;'s concepts is havings some rocky moments, but at this point the Browns are more likely to exploit the problems on D than the Ravens are.

Ravens D may keep them in it but I cannot see that Ravens offense scoring 17 points next Monday night.
Only weapons they have on offense is McGahee and Heap.......The Steelers D will shut down Willis.....With Heap he has battled nagging injuries all year......Ok Mason and Clayton are decent WRs and that one kid that went to Oregon has played well at times this year but the Ravens QBs are terrible...lol I think age has finally caught up to Steelers killer Steve McNair and Boller is just well Boller...lol So I'm with you on the Ravens offense not scoring 17 points..

I thought the Ravens were over-rated last year and this year they don't have their best defensive player in Adailus Thomas.......They miss him so bad and I don't care what Ray Ray says...lol He is aging himself and is far from the player he once was......

If the Steelers play smart and don't beat themselves then they should win this game by at least double digits....No special teams TDs also.........That Yamon Figurs has the speed to do so damage on kick returns and the Ravens do throw Ed Reed out there on punt returns at times....

Steelers -21

Ravens-10
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #12
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Our D has been swiss cheese the past two weeks, thank god they buckled down in the redzone or that game could have got ugly. The Colts or PATS would have dropped 35+ on us today.

We better get it clicking or we'll be thumped just like last year against the Ravens. I don't expect or O to pet up many points next week.

steel_bus, it's always been that way. throwing short passes always shreds the steelers' defense. all lebeau needs to do is grow some balls and play the DBs closer to the WRs. the defense hasn't been the same since capers left. it may have been lebeau's design, but capers ran it better. of course capers did have a very good set of LBs. the group now is pretty much average all around.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #13
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
steel_bus, it's always been that way. throwing short passes always shreds the steelers' defense. all lebeau needs to do is grow some balls and play the DBs closer to the WRs. the defense hasn't been the same since capers left. it may have been lebeau's design, but capers ran it better. of course capers did have a very good set of LBs. the group now is pretty much average all around.
Not only did Caper's have a better set of LBs....What about the secondary?.....lol That secondary of Woodson (before the knee injury),Lake, Perry was a great secondary.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

maybe they just been playing the cover 2 to make themselves better at it when they do go against teams that like to pass.. i think once they nail down the cover 2, that they will blitz a lil bit more...

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #15
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I seen no swiss cheese D in Denver today. I saw a bend-don't-break D out there. Besides that lone Douchmanzadeh TD(coming off the Ben INT), the Bungles didn't do crap all game.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #16
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Like everyone else, I want the D to play to their fullest potential every game. But to be honest, I don't really care how it gets done, as long as it gets done and the team wins. Remember, it isn't how many yards you give up, it's how many POINTS you give up, and it should be noted that the Steelers lead the NFL with just over 13 points allowed/game. You do that, with the way our offense has been putting up points, and you win. Plain and simple.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #17
slippy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5848

umm.....the D gave up 13 points today.

what the eff are you guys looking at???
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #18
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Doing just enough to win at Paul Brown Stadium could be the plan. We don't want injuries.

I love watching Anthony Smith play football. He looks for the chum in the water.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #19
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

ok... all the talk of lebeau holding back the defense yada yada yada has got to stop. we are playing every game to win.. not to save some "secret defense package" for the patriots.. our season does not revolve around that game.

i do wonder how much the defense is missing aaron smith though. i know we shut out the seahawks without polamalu and hampton.. but i think hoke is a better replacement for hampton than eason is for smith. the past two games our pressure has been severely lacking, and both games have been without smith.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
ytsan2q
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3221

I'm concerned about the way the Bengals backup running back was running the ball today. It appeared as though Palmer was seeing something and audibling to the correct running play. Hopefully we will change it up a little before other teams pick up on this. We have also been showing our defenses to early giving the offense a chance to pick up our blitzes.
ytsan2q is offline   Reply With Quote