Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #21
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: Steelers: Worst 5-2 team in history.

Look at the two losses, and you won't like what you see.

Two average teams on the road and two bad Steelers losses. The Arizona Cardinals, even with two healthy quaterbacks, aren't better than 8-8 and the Broncos are maybe a 9-7 team. But Pittsburgh went into both of those games and didn't look at all like themselves. In Arizona, they couldn't run the football to save their lives. In Denver, they couldn't stop an anemic Broncos offense. For a team that figures to maybe have a home game in the playoffs, that's not a good trend to have at mid season.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #22
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

WOW... I wish I could have watched the game... Honestly, it sounds like we LOST today...

Living in the land of cheese and Brett Favre, I can say that while he is a GREAT QB... one of the best ever, there are times that everyone questions his decision making ability. Some years are definitely worse than others, but even the great ones were laden with some sincere yelling of WTF...

My opinion, a great QB takes risks. He works on his skills at getting the ball where only our receiver can make the catch, but he still takes risks. Sometimes those risks turn out like the one INT that Ben had today... Sometimes it ends up with a TD or FD that is desparately needed.

Nope, New England and Indy, we ain't. I am going to enjoy the games I get to actually see up here in Wisconsin, and I am going to cheer our boys on in front of the computer for the games I can't see.

Sorry to rant...Just frustrated

Mike in La Crosse, WI
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #23
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

The Steelers and Pats have held Cincy to 13 points. Cincy has averaged about 30 plus in all other games. Pretty damn good defense. You guys are whinny bitches. Bens interception was on a play where he scrambled, broke a tackle and tried to make something happen. He has made more than his share of plays this year doing similar things. One mistake this game, its like running back fumbling trying to gain extra yards on a second effort. You are disappointed, but can't really complain due to effort. Thats the way I look at the interceptiontoday. Other than that he was perfect. If he doesn't make that mistake we win by even larger margin. A division win on the road is huge. No matter what you guys think. I will agree that lack of pressure is worrying me, but Carson takes a lot of 3 step drops. Quit comparing us to Colts or Pats, we are not there yet. But if you look at the Steelers so far this year, I would give us a B+, and Ben an A. Our O-line and lack of pressure on opposing QB's is our only weekness right now. Willie is still getting 100 yard games and Ben is making the plays, so even with our shaky line we are still playing great balanced offense. If we win next week 6-2, and 3-0 in division is huge. And if I hear whinning then I will puke.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
If we win next week 6-2, and 3-0 in division is huge. And if I hear whinning then I will puke.
Get your barf bag ready, then.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #25
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Ha no matter what were still gonna be frowned apon or overlooked due to the success of New England and Indy, but were used to it and just need to prove ourselves in the playoffs that were a very good team and we can go all the way again.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 PM   #26
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

I am not particularly looking to go to or win the Superbowl this year. Our team is too green with our new-look coach. I look at this year as a learning year...learning what we do well and what we need to improve. All that being said, I kind of like being the "underdog" and team that everyone says is an "also ran" with the big boys out there in the spotlight (NE and Indy)....

I do have to say that no matter how classless they are, the Patsies are freakin amazing this year... going to be a tough game!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:03 AM   #27
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Get your barf bag ready, then.
Way too true!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:50 AM   #28
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,030 Times in 1,277 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I would love to see this team in the superbowl but realisticly I would justs like to see a good playoff run this year and be ready next year.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 AM   #29
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

We are 5 - 2 and look like we are heading in the right direction to make the playoffs. Let the team get to the playoffs and then anything can happen once they start.

We wont win superbowl 41&1/2 next week but then again I cant remember who won superbowl 40 & 1/2 or any other half bowl.

Our coaching staff and roster are working well together. Looks good for the future.

I am glad to be a steeler fan and thankful not to be a dolphin or ram fan.

What reason is there to be negative at the moment? I sure am glad that we have BIg Ben and not Rivers or ELI.

Lets enjoy the victory today.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #30
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozMan View Post
In terms of raw athletic ability, I'd put Ben up against any other QB in the league. The one department holding Ben back is definitely his decision making. It's important to remember that Ben hasn't been playing QB/football all his life like Manning or Brady. He was a multi-sport athlete throughout much of his formative years, and only gravitated towards football his senior high school year. Remember his high school coach playing his own son over Ben for several years?

So when Ben entered the NFL as rookie, he was at a disadvantage compared to someone like Manning during his rookie year. Where this comes into play is decision making. Ben simply hasn't had the same amount of coaching and training as other QBs at the same stage of their careers. That experience pays off when trying to make a split-second decision under intense pressure.

Ben will only get better and has already shown a marked improvement this year under Anderson's tutelage. Hopefully he spends a lot of time outside the game thinking about and reviewing his plays, both good and bad. That will help his ability to quickly make a decision under pressure.
Excellent post in my opinion BozMan!!

I love Ben, but he absolutely has to work on the mental aspect of his game. Don't get me wrong I believe he has, but he still has a way to go and alot has to do with the points brought up by BozMan (limited amatuer experience). I like the fact that Ben is studying other successful QB's and continually working on his game. Ben won't always be able to shake and shrug off defenders as he does now so his decision making must improve, and I'm sure will, with time.

As many have pointed out, this is the first year with this coaching staff and the team can only improve with each game played. As BozMan pointed out, and I believe also, Andersons tutelage will be huge for Ben and his understanding of what opposing D's are trying to do. Given the fact that Ben is years behind Manning and Brady in terms of experience his future looks extremely bright. Give this offense this year to get going and the combo of Arians, Ben and Anderson could potentially be one of the most consistently potent and balanced offenses for years to come.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote