Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087
Default Re: Without a Fullback

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhess View Post
do you think he'll get started against baltimore?
I doubt it. We need to come out throwing anyways. Ravens are #1 in the NFL giving up 2.9 yards per carry.

I definitely hope Kreider can play though. After we get a lead we will definitely need him to get any kind of effective running game going on this stout defense
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #12
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Its funny because for everything that is changed there is always a reason for it.

Kreider job lost to Carey Davis-No Reason!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #13
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Its funny because for everything that is changed there is always a reason for it.

Kreider job lost to Carey Davis-No Reason!
Maybe this quote from Coach Tomlin's 9/11/07 press conference will shed some light on the fullback position:

Quote:
Specifically on Carey, he did exactly what we anticipated him doing. He?s a very athletic guy from a fullback standpoint. He can get hats on people in space. He?s a great perimeter lead blocker. He showed up big time for us in the special teams game. He emerged in that area before he emerged as a runner and as a fullback specifically. He made a big play for us in the kicking game. What we do offensively in terms of who starts, I think, at times that can be overblown. It depends on how we want to attack people. We can start in two tight ends; we can start in three wides; we can start out with Carey or we can start out with Dan (Kreider). Dan is still a great isolation, short-yardage blocker. When we had some time consuming drives in the second half, it was because Dan was playing fullback. We just want to be multiple. We have what we believe to be a lot of weapons. We want to use them all. Of course we can?t use them all at the same time. Last week?s game plan dictated that Carey got the start. Maybe next week?s game plan dictates that (Matt) Spaeth gets the start, or maybe Dan gets the start. We?re not worried about who starts. Everybody has got to be ready to contribute and that?s our mentality in regards to those men.
http://news.steelers.com/MediaConten...1-07_81325.pdf
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 PM   #14
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

I was thinking the same thing about Tomlin starting Dan on Sunday. He may not have read this thread but you can tell when he sees something that might help the offense or defense nothing is set in stone. He will make the change.

Also I agree we will probably pass more against the Ravens but must establish the run to set up play action.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i was glad to see dan get a start anyway. hopefully more are in store. boy do i hate to see him go. i always look for him in that low crouch in the backfield.

what do you guys think the odds are that he gets another year?