Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default The Steelers are going to beat the Patriots

Watching tonight?s game between the cheaters and Colts has confirmed my theory. Here is what we do. Coach, if you?re secretly a member of this board pay attention ;) ? I have been thinking about this since week 3.

Randy Moss ? Man to man him with Ike the WHOLE GAME. We all know Taylor excels when covering receivers man to man, especially big name receivers. Play a deep zone with the open safety to the side of the field that Moss is on if he can be spared.

Wes Welker ? Here is where the plan gets a little strewed: My original idea had B-Mac on him? But now with Bryant being injured for who knows how long (Unless you guys know something I don?t) we would have to go with Gay or Rossum man on him.

Dante Stallworth ? Deshea Townsend manned up on him. Had Stallworth been a generic receiver I would have wanted Deshea in the dime, but he?s not. Stallworth is primarily used on quick throws to gain YAC. Townsend?s strength is tackling, primarily on running plays but that?s basically what the throws to Stallworth are.

Ben Watson ? Polamalu.

We can get a good pass rush from Kiesel and Smith along with run stopping from Hampton/Hoke? Then we rotate through our linebackers dropping one into small zone depending which on the offensive formation and blitz the rest.

If this strategy doesn?t work, my back up plan would be: BLITZ THE HELL OUT OF THEM.

But seriously, with the zone in the middle of the field + man on Welker I could see him getting shut down, Moss would be a threat but you?re going to have to trust you?re guys this game so put Ike on him and back him up, Stallworth hasn?t done much this year and seems to get forgotten in some games, Polamalu usually does great on tights with the exception of a few Antonio Gates run ins... Plus, Watson is coming off an injury? Leave the run up to Steelers football and call it a game.

I know video games are a far stretch from real life, but I have used this strategy countless times before and it can just confuse people to death. (Of course, those people are not pro coaches being paid millions for their football knowledge.) I think with mixing things up a bit and elaborating this plan that I have come up with is a good one? Or at least, as good as many people could come up with? Feedback?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,385 Times in 504 Posts
Default Re: The Steelers are going to beat the Patriots

I'm more concerned about the Ratbirds at the moment, especially now that the Seahawks choked and the Browns are suddenly 5-3.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Hey, I'm with ya Shut Down. After watching the Cheatsies' pretty pourous run D today and how Ass Chin got the chits when he was pressured, I believe the Steelers can (and quite possibly will) beat them.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,504 Times in 3,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'm more concerned about the Ratbirds at the moment, especially now that the Seahawks choked and the Browns are suddenly 5-3.
You will worry even more about the Browns if you check out who they play in the second half of the season. These next 2 games are must win games.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,385 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
You will worry even more about the Browns if you check out who they play in the second half of the season. These next 2 games are must win games.
Yep - I look at it this way: if we don't take care of business in division games, we won't deserve a postseason berth.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
iupdauber
Water Boy

Member Number: 7572

I dont know if I am alone on this one, but doesn't it seem as though we have a knack for beating teams we shouldnt? No disrespect to my boys in black and gold, but the Patriots this year are a team that could questionably be one of the best teams of all-time. Cheaters or not, they do win. But just like Bens rookie year. Eagles and Pats were supposed to walk all over us, and we blew them out of the water. From the little that I have watched the Pats play, I've noticed that Tommy boy has a little trouble holding on to the ball when getting hit in the backfield. I think the key is hitting him over and over and over and getting him rattled, because it doesnt happen often.
iupdauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Cant afford to have Troy P on Watson. Plus it is a mismatch in favor of the Patriots.
Timmons will have to be ready to man Watson(he is the only LB fast enough). L Woodley must also be ready because speed is needed on the outside to get pressure on Brady. A power rush like Harrisons and Haggans wont get'r done.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:
Originally Posted by iupdauber View Post
I dont know if I am alone on this one, but doesn't it seem as though we have a knack for beating teams we shouldnt? No disrespect to my boys in black and gold, but the Patriots this year are a team that could questionably be one of the best teams of all-time. Cheaters or not, they do win. But just like Bens rookie year. Eagles and Pats were supposed to walk all over us, and we blew them out of the water. From the little that I have watched the Pats play, I've noticed that Tommy boy has a little trouble holding on to the ball when getting hit in the backfield. I think the key is hitting him over and over and over and getting him rattled, because it doesnt happen often.
and the Playoff game vs Colts during our SB run. we get ready for big games, never count us out
Old 11-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
Cant afford to have Troy P on Watson. Plus it is a mismatch in favor of the Patriots.
Timmons will have to be ready to man Watson(he is the only LB fast enough). L Woodley must also be ready because speed is needed on the outside to get pressure on Brady. A power rush like Harrisons and Haggans wont get'r done.
Nice point about Timmons....He does have the speed and talent to be a game changing talent that can cover TEs or even blitz the QB....But I don't seem him being a factor this year.....Its a shame since I do think Coach LeBeau could have done some interesting things with Timmons and his multi skills.....Now hopefully a light bulb goes off in Timmons head and he starts showing he is picking up this defense to get some playing time....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #10
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post

timmons hasnt even seen the field other than the 4th quarter of a blowout and special teams.. barring an injury to a starter, he wont be used at all in that game. woodley still has a chance to get more playing time as the season goes on.. although our linebackers have all played well, so there just hasnt really been any opportunity for him to play either.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote