Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #21
Welcome To Smashmouth
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6038
Default Re: Bad Mouthing Bill Cowher!!

He did big things for the City of Pittsburgh....badmouthing a coach of that caliber should be credited to nothing otherthan pure jealousy :P
Welcome To Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #22
silver2000svt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2164

It doesn't matter if Bill took the year off emotionally or not... Every single one of us here would have traded missing the playoffs in 2006 to win the XL... So what if he didn't go out with a bang... The man IS the City of Pittsburgh
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #23
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Bad Mouthing Bill Cower!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
I really dislike that stereotype of younger steelers fans. I wasn't alive for the 70's, 80's, and even for some of the 90's, but when have you heard me talk down about the steelers... i think the same applies for some of the other younger guys around here... its only a few bandwagoners who give a whole generation of fans a bad name.. Especially because the good fans are more notable than the bad ones.
Sorry, Dynasty, but that's just the way I've seen it for the past 10 years or so around the Burgh. When I've read some of the post-game comments around here after the Steelers losses (both last season and this season) and see all of the brutally negative comments that kind of come from nowhere, it isn't hard to ascertain the age of the members who crafted them. I'm sorry if you took this personally, as my comments were certainly not directed at you. I have heard my comments echoed by others over the years, so I know I'm not alone in my opinion.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #24
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Bad Mouthing Bill Cower!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Sorry, Dynasty, but that's just the way I've seen it for the past 10 years or so around the Burgh. When I've read some of the post-game comments around here after the Steelers losses (both last season and this season) and see all of the brutally negative comments that kind of come from nowhere, it isn't hard to ascertain the age of the members who crafted them. I'm sorry if you took this personally, as my comments were certainly not directed at you. I have heard my comments echoed by others over the years, so I know I'm not alone in my opinion.
No you aren't alone - I certainly feel the same way. The majority of the younger crowd are just front-runners - they just want something to be able to talk smack about. But when they lose, they're nowhere to be found, or they only show up to bash the team. And it doesn't just happen with the Steelers, but with the Pens as well. I can't tell you how many young fans you see going to games now that were nowhere to be found before late January and the 4 seasons prior. Sorry, if you're going to be a fan of a team, you have to be there during the good times as well as the bad. There is no middle ground.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #25
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

He gave us a chance to win it all in 10 out of his 15 years and was close to making the playoffs in 2000 and 2006.

Yes, he drove me crazy sometimes, but he was a great coach for us. That's why..if he chooses...he will be making $8 million a year in the next couple of years.

My prediction...he will be the Carolina Panthers HC within 2 years.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #26
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
my problem with cowher ,was kordell stewart !!! why he stuck with that P.O.S. for that long is beyond me...it was quite obvious for many years that QB was the missing piece of the puzzle, but yet year after year , we watched that dung pile throw our season into defenders hands !!!!
Two words: Tom Donahoe.

I really feel that he more then Cowher was to blame for the Kordell Stewart project. Not to say Cowher has no blame, but Donahoe was a terrible DOO. He went to Buffalo and they had 5 straight losing seasons. Speaks alot for how he ran a franchise.