Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-05-2007, 04:54 AM   #21
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,750 Times in 1,582 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: The Steelers are going to beat the Patriots

I think we can play with the patriots we need to control the clock and keep it out of bradys hands.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:52 AM   #22
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Great observations by many of you. You have scouted the Patriots quite well.

I've watched the Patriots play 4-5 games this season and I too have noticed that Brady is about 25% of himself when under duress. He doesn't handle a defender bearing down on him well at all. He typically folds up like a newspaper and falls to the turf or he'll throw a girly-looking jump pass that hits the turf well in front of the receiver.

In reference to the Patriots run defense. Man, this team is average at best when it comes to stopping the run. Their LB's are HIGHLY overrated. Vrabel, please, that dude has one good game with 3 sacks/forced fumbles and all of a sudden he's now Lawrence Taylor. Vrabel has built his reputation by playing the role of a TE. Seau, Bruschi, those guys are BUMS! Nearly all of the Patriots opponents have had success running the ball, including the STINKING DOLPHINS!

Randy Moss, This guy doesn't want to run anything but streak patterns. How is it that he can jump to the moon to catch a ball when he's in the endzone but send his pu$$y-a$$ across the middle and he'll juggle a ball that's thrown only 6 inches above him. When he does happen to catch an inside slant route watch this sissy dive to the turf just prior to a defender hitting him. Stop the streak route and you've "CONTROLLED" Randy Moss.

Two keys for the Steelers #1 Avoid throwing towards Rodney Harrison. #2 Defend Wes Welker with someone other than a 3rd string DB or LB. They're going to have assign one of their better coverage men to him.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Michael Wilbon apparently believes the possibility should not be ruled out:

Objective question from smug fan: will the Pats run defense keep them from going undefeated during the regular season and keep them from winning the Super Bowl?

Michael Wilbon: I have believed firmly that going undefeated is just too hard. Stuff happens. Somebody has a bad day, somebody is sick or distracted for a couple of plays, or the other guys plays out of his mind. The Patriots are only halfway there...I'm not ready to change my mind yet, not with games against the Steelers and (I think) the Giants remaining.

Richmond, Va.: Something is being overlooked in the aftermath of the Pats victory. The Colts will likely have to face the Steelers before facing the Patriots in the AFC playoffs. They may not be able to get past them. And I think the Steelers are good enough to beat the Pats too.

Michael Wilbon: You and I think way too much alike for your own good. I think EXACTLY the way you do about what's coming up in the next three months...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102901269.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #24
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

You guys are forgetting Walker the possession receiver. He was the reason that the Pats won the game. If you don't play a zone he will eat the D alive.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #25
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDogFan View Post
You guys are forgetting Walker the possession receiver. He was the reason that the Pats won the game. If you don't play a zone he will eat the D alive.
I do not think anyone is forgetting him - Brady went to Welker only after 6 straight throws to Moss on the drive that cut the lead to 3 - tough to cover everyone (e.g. - focus on Moss & Welker and Stallworth will kill you).
Old 11-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDogFan View Post
One of the keys to beating the Cheatsies, imho, is to pressure the living chit out of A$$ Chin. Getting in his face early and often frustrates him and causes him to hurry his throws and make mistakes as he did yesterday in the first half. Don't give him time to wind up and throw that ball downfield to Moss or Stallworth or across the middle to Welker. The Steelers D needs to make sure Fairy Tom sees the whites of their eyes starting with his first possession.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #27
ThaTank43
Water Boy

Member Number: 7598

The pats Defence is old and can get ran over. if we hit them with a good dose of parker and Davenport than we win this game.

ben is alot better at handle people in his face than brady is so we have that on our side. geting a good push at the front is going to be big for us.

if that colts and pat game showed us anything its that the pats are beatable. but before we play them we got a few teams we need to take care of.
ThaTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #28
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Sigh, I hate talking about future games, but I will.

Its simple, and it is a fact in every game, including against the Patriots.

Attack the QB, hit him hard, hit him often and hit him until the final whistle.
Stuff the Running Back, hit him harder, make him fumble, destroy his will to play.
Play solid special teams, and have great o-line play for 60 minutes.

Simple, but execution is the Key.

Tonight, McNair gets to see it and feel it first hand.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #29
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
One of the keys to beating the Cheatsies, imho, is to pressure the living chit out of A$$ Chin. Getting in his face early and often frustrates him and causes him to hurry his throws and make mistakes as he did yesterday in the first half. Don't give him time to wind up and throw that ball downfield to Moss or Stallworth or across the middle to Welker. The Steelers D needs to make sure Fairy Tom sees the whites of their eyes starting with his first possession.
The hopefully fatal flaw is that Brady may be beginning to believe the story of his wonderfulness as Belicheat already has, as evidenced by him bitching at the refs at the end of the game yesterday, presumably because the refs actually made some bad calls against the Pats.

Michael Wilbon sums it up with these Chatr House answers today:

Any idea why Brady was jawing at the ref at the end of the game in between taking a knee? Am I the only one getting tired of Brady, his designer suits, fancy-boy hair, and his Gus-Frerotte-esque head butting at the end of the game? Maybe it's just bitterness, but I remember the good old days when Brady seemed like a likable kid that you couldn't help but cheer for. These days he seems more and more like some playboy prima donna... despite his humble-pie interview act.

Michael Wilbon: You know who Brady plays for...his coach is a guy who behaves badly almost every single week for reasons that only he finds justifiable

Speaking of jawing, looked like Dungy was trying to say something to Belichick during their "handshake" and got blown off ... anyone heard anything?

Michael Wilbon: No, but Dungy doesn't "jaw" at anybody. Belichick thinks he's the god of football right now and isn't in the mood to acknowledge anybody who not praising him to the heavens.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102901269.html

Let's see what happens if the Ravens, Steelers, or Giants (who have a pass rush)
bounce Tommy Boy around.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #30
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Vote for the Steelers to beat the pats here

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=3240