Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default I appreciate the Steelers even more now.

When the Rats pwned the Steelers last year, you didn't hear the Steelers whining and making excuses about getting their butts handed to them. They swallowed their pride and took the loss like men.

While the Ravens were choking in the playoffs, the Steelers were getting ready for these clowns during the offseason. Lo and behold...

They showed they were ready for the Ravens' surprises this time. The Ravens came into Heinz Field thinking they would roll the Steelers again. Big Ben (who was the Rats' biggest victim last year) and Silverback made sure these dudes (including that chump Rex Ryan) got the message that they weren't dealing with the same old Steelers from last year. Final Score: Steelers 38 Ravens 7.

Post Game. Ray Lewis and just recently Trevor Pryce whine and diss on the Steelers in the media. Gay Ray calls out the Steelers, and Pryce disses Silverback. What a joke. A reincarnation of the Bungles the Ratbirds are. They're damned lucky the Steelers showed mercy and ran out the clock in the second half. The score could've been much worse. Anyway, this isn't over. Thanks to Ray and Trevor for the Bulletin Board Material. The Steelers won't be so merciful when they stomp the Rats in Crackmore.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter

Member Number: 6464
Default Re: I appreciate the Steelers even more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
When the Rats pwned the Steelers last year, you didn't hear the Steelers whining and making excuses about getting their butts handed to them. They swallowed their pride and took the loss like men.
Couldn't agree anymore. Not once have I read, and I do a lot of post game reading, have I heard Ben, Willie, Troy, etc. make some kind of an excuse for a loss. They admit to their mistakes and learn from that. I hate excuses, grow up you overpaid crybabies!!!!
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Yes, the Ravens are acting very "Bungle like." The thing that both the bungles and the Ravens have in common - coaches that let their players walk all over them.

I can't help but think about the story in training camp, where Tomlin was said to have called Faneca into his office, after Faneca didn't practice over his anger with his contract. I'm not sure that episode changed the way Faneca has acted this season because Faneca is a veteran and a professional. Plus, Allen needs a good year to set a high F A price. However, that sort of thing always gets around the locker room. Tomlin established he was in charge, even if he doesn't scream and spit.

Maybe the Faneca incident was a blessing I disguise. Or, maybe I'm just on a kool-aid high - cause I was surely drinking it in last night.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

More 'fluke' talk from the Rats.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68#s=68&f=1897&t=1367601

The Bengals ghost has possessed the Rats. Who's Justin Green? Anyway, let them keep thinking that. And I hope the Steelers are hearing it. So they can beat the snot out of these chumps in Cracktown.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

I love how Price poo-poos Ben not going through his progressions and just "throwing it up for grabs". I wonder if he will say the same thing when Brady tosses a jump ball to Moss for a TD against them while being triple covered.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
This is the difference between CLASS and A$$.

In the 40+ years I've been a Steelers fan, I can't ever remember Noll, Cowher or Tomlin - or any of our players - trying to drum up excuses for a loss. They put it behind them and move on to the next game instead of wallowing in their own self-pity.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #7
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

In the words of the hysterically straightforward Jason Whitlock...

They just 'Bojangles'...

The Ravens do sound like the Bengals of the recent past.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Actually, I almost feel pity for the Ravens. Sucks to be irrelevant and 3rd in the division.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote