Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 05:04 AM   #21
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 105,117
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,370
Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,630 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Classy group Billick has there......

Reeling Ravens left bitter
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Win or lose, it is never dull inside the Baltimore Ravens' locker room.

That was especially true Monday night, in the wake of the team's worst defeat under ninth-year coach Brian Billick.

In the far corner, defensive linemen laughed as they swapped Willie Parker anecdotes. They weren't real impressed with Fast Willie, who was held to 42 yards on 23 carries in a 38-7 victory.

Defensive end Trevor Pryce finally turned toward the showers and said, to no one in particular, "Willie (expletive) Parker. What a fraud."

Some players could not bring themselves to credit the Steelers, who'd held them to five first downs and 104 total yards.

And how about Ben Roethlisberger throwing five touchdown passes in the first half and finishing with a perfect passer rating of 158.3?

"When you give somebody that many opportunities, anybody can make a play," linebacker Ray Lewis said, referring to his team's four first-half turnovers. "Now, come see us in Baltimore."

The rematch is Dec. 30 in the regular-season finale. Question is, will it mean anything to a Ravens team that looks older than Walter Cronkite and has dropped to 4-4, including 0-3 in the AFC North?

Somebody asked left tackle Jonathan Ogden -- he has to be older than Cronkite -- if the Steelers did anything different with linebacker James Harrison, who went Lawrence Taylor-crazy with nine tackles, 3 1/2 sacks, six quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles, one recovered fumble, an interception and a partridge in a pear tree (or least Ed Reed on a platter).

Ogden made a face so bitter you'd have thought he swallowed a case of lemons. "No," he said, before cutting off further inquiries.

Pryce called Roethlisberger's precision passes "luck" and said, "Whatever their game plan was, it didn't work."

You know it's not your night, Pryce said, "when a little 5-9 linebacker (Harrison actually is listed at 6 feet) gets four sacks. That will never happen again in his life. He knows that."

Harrison didn't seem overly pleased when that quote was relayed to him.

"Who is Trevor Pryce?" he said.

Reporter: "A defensive end for the Ravens."

Harrison: "He's entitled to his opinion. ... What did he do?"

Well, besides ring up zero tackles, Pryce failed to wrap up Roethlisberger on one of those lucky touchdown passes.

The only Ravens players who sounded semi-rational were linebacker Bart Scott and quarterback Steve McNair.

"They had a great game plan, went after our young guys," said Scott, referring to backup cornerbacks who were forced to start. "Ben was seeing the initial rush, getting out of the pocket and making plays. All the credit goes to them. They were the better team today."

That said, Scott was livid with Hines Ward, who laid out Scott and Reed with mammoth hits.

"He was being who he is, taking his shots," Scott said. "Next time it happens, I'll find him and make sure I take the most violent shot I can take. We'll see them again, and I'll play violent. I'll play all the way to the edges of the rules."

Watching these Ravens, you have to wonder if they'll return next season in anything resembling their current form. Billick, Lewis, Ogden, McNair. It's beginning to feel as if time is running out on this group.

Baltimore hasn't won a playoff game since 2001, for goodness sakes, a year before the AFC North was formed.

"The season's not over, but we are a team in crisis right now," Scott admitted. "There's no denying that."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_536614.html
This whole column has me scratching my head.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #22
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter
 
klick81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,683
Member Number: 1396
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Classy group Billick has there......

Reeling Ravens left bitter
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Win or lose, it is never dull inside the Baltimore Ravens' locker room.

That was especially true Monday night, in the wake of the team's worst defeat under ninth-year coach Brian Billick.

In the far corner, defensive linemen laughed as they swapped Willie Parker anecdotes. They weren't real impressed with Fast Willie, who was held to 42 yards on 23 carries in a 38-7 victory.

Defensive end Trevor Pryce finally turned toward the showers and said, to no one in particular, "Willie (expletive) Parker. What a fraud."

Some players could not bring themselves to credit the Steelers, who'd held them to five first downs and 104 total yards.

And how about Ben Roethlisberger throwing five touchdown passes in the first half and finishing with a perfect passer rating of 158.3?

"When you give somebody that many opportunities, anybody can make a play," linebacker Ray Lewis said, referring to his team's four first-half turnovers. "Now, come see us in Baltimore."

The rematch is Dec. 30 in the regular-season finale. Question is, will it mean anything to a Ravens team that looks older than Walter Cronkite and has dropped to 4-4, including 0-3 in the AFC North?

Somebody asked left tackle Jonathan Ogden -- he has to be older than Cronkite -- if the Steelers did anything different with linebacker James Harrison, who went Lawrence Taylor-crazy with nine tackles, 3 1/2 sacks, six quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles, one recovered fumble, an interception and a partridge in a pear tree (or least Ed Reed on a platter).

Ogden made a face so bitter you'd have thought he swallowed a case of lemons. "No," he said, before cutting off further inquiries.

Pryce called Roethlisberger's precision passes "luck" and said, "Whatever their game plan was, it didn't work."

You know it's not your night, Pryce said, "when a little 5-9 linebacker (Harrison actually is listed at 6 feet) gets four sacks. That will never happen again in his life. He knows that."

Harrison didn't seem overly pleased when that quote was relayed to him.

"Who is Trevor Pryce?" he said.

Reporter: "A defensive end for the Ravens."

Harrison: "He's entitled to his opinion. ... What did he do?"

Well, besides ring up zero tackles, Pryce failed to wrap up Roethlisberger on one of those lucky touchdown passes.

The only Ravens players who sounded semi-rational were linebacker Bart Scott and quarterback Steve McNair.

"They had a great game plan, went after our young guys," said Scott, referring to backup cornerbacks who were forced to start. "Ben was seeing the initial rush, getting out of the pocket and making plays. All the credit goes to them. They were the better team today."

That said, Scott was livid with Hines Ward, who laid out Scott and Reed with mammoth hits.

"He was being who he is, taking his shots," Scott said. "Next time it happens, I'll find him and make sure I take the most violent shot I can take. We'll see them again, and I'll play violent. I'll play all the way to the edges of the rules."

Watching these Ravens, you have to wonder if they'll return next season in anything resembling their current form. Billick, Lewis, Ogden, McNair. It's beginning to feel as if time is running out on this group.

Baltimore hasn't won a playoff game since 2001, for goodness sakes, a year before the AFC North was formed.

"The season's not over, but we are a team in crisis right now," Scott admitted. "There's no denying that."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_536614.html

That was classic!
__________________
Ward, after being fined by Goodell on a play that was not penalized:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #23
shovelnose
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 107
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3241
Thanks: 4
Thanked 15 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Yep the steelers got lucky in that game no game plan or anything except to win which I thought was the idea. On to the next game.
shovelnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #24
STEEL-MAN
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: baltimore
Posts: 98
Member Number: 391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

The Ravens are thugs, were before and prove by this statement they still are. What a roll model for Baltimore City, the city with 5 murders a week! Sad!

FEUDING: Scott admitted threatening Ward with bodily harm after being slammed to the ground by a receiver he outweighs by nearly 50 pounds, reinforcing Ward’s postgame claims.

“He tackled me and said he was going to kill me,” Ward told Pittsburgh reporters. “But as long as you don’t shoot me, I’ll be fine. I don’t think there’s any place in the game for that type of stuff. I always thought he was a great player, but I guess he doesn’t like me.”

Scott threatened Ward again during his weekly radio show, vowing to “knock his head off his shoulders,” adding that he would gladly pay a hefty fine to get revenge on the feisty wideout and extended his threat to Ward’s teammates, too.

“It’s not an idle threat,” Scott said. “It’s a promise. I’m coming after Hines. I will never pass up a hit on him or anybody else who plays for the Steelers. It’s on.”

One day later, Scott remained on the warpath.

“Damn right, I threatened him,” Scott said. “If I see him again, I’ll threaten him again.”

Added Suggs: “Hines Ward, he’s a competitor. We don’t like him, but we respect him. Anybody that’s not wearing purple and black, Bart’s got a problem with them. That’s why I love Bart. I’m going to let him be the ‘Mad Backer’ and I’m going to be right behind him.”
STEEL-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #25
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,649
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 284
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL-MAN View Post
Scott threatened Ward again during his weekly radio show, vowing to ?knock his head off his shoulders,? adding that he would gladly pay a hefty fine to get revenge on the feisty wideout and extended his threat to Ward?s teammates, too.
Watch your knees, assclown. Two can play that game.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #26
delhess
Starter
 
delhess's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 539
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5509
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

baltimore sucks. hows that for a headline?? true champions don't shift the blame, ray lewis does. i see a pattern here.
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...8146982&ref=mf
People who think the media want the cards to win the superbowl
delhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #27
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 374
Member Number: 5611
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL-MAN View Post
Scott threatened Ward again during his weekly radio show, vowing to ?knock his head off his shoulders,? adding that he would gladly pay a hefty fine to get revenge on the feisty wideout and extended his threat to Ward?s teammates, too.
So let me play devil's advocate here. James Farrior made some comments this week about Kellen Winslow saying "he better have his head on a swivel". I did not see the game against Cleveland where Winslow threw a late block against James, but I understand this is the reason why James made his comments. Personally, I wish players would do less talking of this type and let their play speak for itself. However, how do you reconcile Scott's comments with what James said, and if you were a Cleveland fan, wouldn't you have a problem with Farrior's comments? Just throwing those points out there. Don't hate.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #28
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,171
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 211 Times in 103 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
So let me play devil's advocate here. James Farrior made some comments this week about Kellen Winslow saying "he better have his head on a swivel". I did not see the game against Cleveland where Winslow threw a late block against James, but I understand this is the reason why James made his comments. Personally, I wish players would do less talking of this type and let their play speak for itself. However, how do you reconcile Scott's comments with what James said, and if you were a Cleveland fan, wouldn't you have a problem with Farrior's comments? Just throwing those points out there. Don't hate.
here ya go.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/categ...james-farrior/
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #29
augustashark
Assistant Coach
 
augustashark's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,432
Member Number: 900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
- Ray Lewis
Ok Ray.

Oh yea, if my uncle did'nt have balls he'd be my aunt!
__________________
LOS MOLINO.
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #30
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,171
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 211 Times in 103 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL-MAN View Post
The Ravens are thugs, were before and prove by this statement they still are. What a roll model for Baltimore City, the city with 5 murders a week! Sad!

FEUDING: Scott admitted threatening Ward with bodily harm after being slammed to the ground by a receiver he outweighs by nearly 50 pounds, reinforcing Ward?s postgame claims.

?He tackled me and said he was going to kill me,? Ward told Pittsburgh reporters. ?But as long as you don?t shoot me, I?ll be fine. I don?t think there?s any place in the game for that type of stuff. I always thought he was a great player, but I guess he doesn?t like me.?

Scott threatened Ward again during his weekly radio show, vowing to ?knock his head off his shoulders,? adding that he would gladly pay a hefty fine to get revenge on the feisty wideout and extended his threat to Ward?s teammates, too.

?It?s not an idle threat,? Scott said. ?It?s a promise. I?m coming after Hines. I will never pass up a hit on him or anybody else who plays for the Steelers. It?s on.?

One day later, Scott remained on the warpath.

?Damn right, I threatened him,? Scott said. ?If I see him again, I?ll threaten him again.?

Added Suggs: ?Hines Ward, he?s a competitor. We don?t like him, but we respect him. Anybody that?s not wearing purple and black, Bart?s got a problem with them. That?s why I love Bart. I?m going to let him be the ?Mad Backer? and I?m going to be right behind him.?
the ravens are such friggin wackos. they have really been hanging around rayknife too much.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts