Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #71
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Next up the Browns!

Is it just me or had this guy mentioned the Raiders game a few times now.

Hoping that lightning strikes twice and the Steelers will throw away another game to a severely under matched opponent?

Quote:
I don't expect any of you to believe it until you see it, and some of you won't believe it even then, but I encourage ALL of you to get ready......

......because perhaps the Browns don't worry the Steelers or their fans, but Cleveland (as in the team and the fans) now FEAR NO ONE !!
I'm actually glad you guys don't. It makes watching the games a lot more fun, I'm sure.

Ok we'll agree. I won't be surprised if the Brownies hang tough and give us a hell of a ride as long as you promise not be surprised if the Steelers lock this up by halftime.

I realize that games aren't won on paper, but can we be serious? Can some of these matchups GET more lopsided???

Where your team is strong, we are stronger. Even if D.A. manages to squeak some points in there, what makes you think your defense stands a chance against our offense?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #72
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 947

Actually, I will be VERY surprised if the game is over at halftime........ in either direction.

If this game follows the same path as week one, then it means the Browns are really no better than in seasons past and are liable to make the same mistakes they always have. This is what Steeler fans have seen so many times before, so until they see otherwise in a Browns/Steelers game, they don't figure anything else will occur.

Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten. To be honest, it's not a bad viewpoint.

But Cleveland has put all that behind them, including the week one debacle, and moved on to what you will see this Sunday.

FYI.......... I mentioned the Oak/Pitt game from last year not to excpect the same thing, but to show that dominance doesn't always equal a W. Sometimes, even when you get pretty much what you expect to get, that W can STILL elude you.

..........as for the Browns defense ??

There is no denying how consistently mediocre they have been as a unit.

However, on a given play, in a crucial situation, where we MUST HAVE a big stop..... the Browns defense has been managing it more than their ranking or stats would lead you to believe. I'll be the first to admit that we were in BIG trouble when Seattle won the toss for OT. We hadn't stopped them much all day, but HAD been better in the second half. The Browns desperately needed to get their offense the ball.

..........and as poor as the Cleveland defense is and has been, they managed to get it done !1

This year, Pittsburgh is just gonna BLEED TO DEATH !!
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #73
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Bankruptcy of football knowledge is ALL you have displayed. A bunch of "what ifs" and hope doesn't get it done on the field either. Pretty pathetic that you claim we can't use stats from this year to back up our statements, then you drag our loss to the Raiders last year into the discussion. Looking forward to you crawling back under your bridge for another 9-10 months come Sunday.
yeah no doubt !!! i guess the browns bein ranked #32 ,doesn't mean thier D really sucks....after all its just a stat...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #74
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Fair enough.

You are correct in saying that the stats don't always justify what actually happens on the field, but to be honest with you, I can't buy it.

There's too much of a lopsidedness in the numbers and in recent history this is all I've heard about the Browns and seen the same result each time.

Throw in that its a home game and I just cannot see the Browns pulling this off. I know you are ok with that answer, and yes I'll be watching on Sunday.

I'd rather not speculate anymore about it, so we'll see in two days.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #75
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

to make it simple, maybe stats dont always justify a true ranking but when you are #1 in stats in something, that means you are pretty damn good at it and when you are last in stats on something, that means you are pretty damn bad at it.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote