Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Ocho Cinco to the Hall of Shame

I'm re-posting this in a new thread because nobody is seeing it in the sticky about Ocho Stupidito........... it reveals what a true a$$wipe he is.

Ocho Cinco to The Hall of Shame.......makes me appreciate real men like Troy and Ben even more.

The most talked-about Cincinnati Bengal is hoping for the Hall of Fame. But some say the flamboyant Chad Johnson could be headed for the Hall of Shame.
I-Team Reporter Laure Quinlivan has an exclusive interview with the Cincinnati Bengals star player whose image is taking a hit.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter on set) He’s the Bengals’ all-time leading receiver and everybody loves him. Chad Johnson is fun. But the 20? people who’ve filed this lawsuit claim the fast-talking Johnson is not a man of his word.

(bong)

Cincinnati’s biggest star is Chad Johnson.

(Chad Johnson, Cincinnati Bengal) "Call me Ocho Cinco, do not call me Chad."

He’s known for his stunts, and creativity. When it comes to charity work, many of Johnson’s teammates do group events, like Deltha O’Neal’s bowling fundraiser for foster kids. But Chad’s charity work has more of stunt quality.

He raised money by racing a racehorse. He starred at his own camp for kids. And the stunt that’s really backfired on him, was giving away prizes at a comedy club.

(Kim Reynolds, victim) “We all was disappointed cause everybody kept saying, “Chad Johnson is a stand up guy, He ain’t going to lie, he gonna give you these tickets.”

But Chad failed to send her and several other lucky winners on promised trips he gave away at the comedy club.

(Chad Johnson, Fall 2006) “First week in March, I’m going to Europe, so if you win tonight, make sure you save your money cause you’re going to need it.”

His promises got him national attention on ESPN.

(Todd Lynn, ESPN) “He gave away five trips to Europe, I’m going down there every week. He gave away five trips to Europe. What did you talk to him about his skeletal outfit.The boy crazy.”

More than 20 people are now suing Chad Johnson for dropping the ball.

(Eric Deters, Plaintiff Attorney) “If you want to play the big shot and let’s face it, Chad’s a big shot, You’ve got to follow through.”

(Chad Johnson) “I messed up once, there’s nothing I could do, it’s not like I did anything illegal. You know I messed up, I wanted to do something, I tried to do something but it didn’t work out.”

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) Chad Johnson appeared at the Funny Bone Comedy Club on Tuesday nights last fall and gave away prizes. He says it was his idea and he paid for everything. The Funny Bone advertised Chad’s giveaways and attracted big crowds. The club is also named in the lawsuit. Johnson started by giving away game tickets then escalated to all expense paid trips. To games, to the Super Bowl, to the Pro Bowl and to Europe.

Kim Reynolds is a chef at a local hospital. She went to the comedy club one night and Johnson drew her name for a trip to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

(Laure Quinlivan) “And so you probably told your coworkers and stuff.”

(Kim Reynolds) “Ya everybody was like, oh she’s going to Hawaii.”

Reynolds says she and her husband took ten vacation days for the February trip and called Johnson on his cell phone to make sure it was still going to happen.

(Kim Reynolds) “That’s when he talked to him in December. “Oh, we all still going, get ya’ll stuff together I’m still going to get y’all,” he told my husband this.”

Johnson never called. They saw him on TV, in Hawaii.

(Kim Reynolds) “Why did you do it? That’s what I want to know, why did you do it?”

(Chad Johnson) “What do you mean why I didn’t follow thru on the trips?"
(Laure Quinlivan) "The trips to the Pro Bowl and the Superbowl."
(Chad Johnson) "Someone died in my family, that’s why.”

But after a recent hearing on the case, Johnson’s attorney gave us a different explanation.

(Laure Quinlivan) “He never followed thru, why not?”
(Jeff Mando, Johnson’s Attorney) Well, number one he’s not legally required to. But as a practical matter, some of that information was lost.”
(Laure Quinlivan) “He said the reason you didn’t follow through on the trips is that you lost everyone’s information.”

(Chad Johnson) “That too.”

(Kim Reynolds, victim) “He had definitely my phone because I called that man about a hundred times. You got my number. I texted that man and I called him. But he would never answer my phone calls. He could have lost other people’s information, but you had my information”

(Chad Johnson) “I’m sorry, I apologize to those people, I still love em to death.”

The lead plaintiff in the lawsuit against Johnson is a Bengals fan. Tom Monahan says the only reason he went to the comedy club last year was because Chad Johnson was giving away a car.

(Tom Monahan, victim) “I went specifically because on Dec. 12 they were giving away a Lexus and your chances of winning a Lexus were 1 in 300. I liked those odds.”

So he paid more than $300 for 20 tickets.

(Tom Monahan) “Everybody got a ticket stuff and it was like, ‘Don’t lose this, this is your ticket stub for the car.”

He says right before Johnson gave away the car, he asked the ESPN crew filming to turn off all the cameras. He announced he was giving the car to his girlfriend.

(Tom Monahan) “He hopes nobody minds but he’s going to give the car to her. And the reaction was dead silence.”

(Laure Quinlivan) Why did you think it was ok to give it to your girlfriend instead of somebody who was in the audience?
(Chad Johnson) Somebody who wouldn’t appreciate it?
(Laure Quinlivan) You didn’t think everybody who packed the house that night wouldn’t appreciate it?
(Chad Johnson) They showed up for the car, for one.
(Laure Quinlivan) Ya, they admit that.
(Chad Johnson) That’s it. I gave it to someone who was appreciative of it, and didn’t complain about it.
(Laure Quinlivan) Do you see anything wrong with that?
(Chad Johnson) Not at all.”

(Eric Deters, Plaintiff Attorney) “If you had the chance to win a Super Bowl trip, a European trip, a Pro Bowl trip or a Lexus and this happened to you, I think everybody would be mad. I would be mad.”

(Kim Reynolds, victim) “He’s a liar. And he did it in front of a whole bunch of people.”

Chad hopes to make it to the Hall of Fame. So we went to a Bengal who’s already there, a Bengal Chad Johnson respects. Anthony Munoz has a successful charity foundation and a great reputation.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) “How important is your good name?”
(Anthony Munoz) “I think it’s very important. Who you are as an individual, your character, your integrity, your name, is far more important than anything else.”
(Laure Quinlivan) “What advice would you give professional athletes who are thinking about doing something in the community?”
(Anthony Munoz) “Surround yourself with good solid people. People that are going to hold you accountable for what you’re doing…We know right from wrong.”

(Chad Johnson) “I didn’t do anything wrong. I was doing something out of the goodness of my heart, and I wasn’t able to follow through with it because of some situations that happened with the family. You would think people would understand that but I guess some people don’t. Again I do apologize to them and you know, if I see them, I can’t remember what any of them look like, but I still love them to death.”

(Bong)

(Laure Quinlivan on set tag) Johnson did follow through on some of the trips he gave away. One man we talked with says Johnson paid for his trip to Miami, where he hung around with Chad and had a great time.

Go to our wcpo.com to watch my entire interview with Johnson.

(Anchor) So, is this really going to trial?

(Laure Quinlivan) People are amazed he hasn’t settled this yet. Chad told me he’ll pay for the people who didn’t get their trips for trips this year. Most would probably love that, but Johnson and his attorney haven’t made that offer to anyone yet.

(Anchor) What do other Bengals say about this?
(Laure Quinlivan) One blames the media for picking on Chad. Another Bengal who has his a charity foundation he’s very serious about says Ocho Cinco really messed up and he told him so.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 11-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Ocho Cino to the Hall of Shame

This one of the comments from a reader........... how low can this guy stoop??

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:04 PM
To: Quinlivan, Laure
Subject: Chad Johnson

My son can be added among the list of names that Chad has disappointed. My son, Jalen, who is 11 years old, was promised by Chad 100$ for getting a touchdown at one of his football games back in September. Chad came to one of my son’s games and at halftime, told the whole team that he would give 100$ to anyone who scored a touchdown. Well, my son did. After the game, Chad claimed he didn’t have any cash on him. He said he would come to his next practice or game and would give it to him then. Needless to say, my son was extremely excited and was anxiously awaiting to see Chad again and to claim his promised reward. But, unfortunately, he has failed to follow through with what he said. My son is a very disappointed fan. I’m sure it hasn’t even crossed Chad’s mind one time. Chad knows one of the assistant coaches on Jalen’s team, and that’s why he was at the game. So, actually, he has a way of getting in touch with us. It’s just sad that, once again, he hasn’t followed through and he has broken another promise, and ultimately, a little boy’s heart as well. I just wanted to share our story. My name is Tiffin Mitchell and my son Jalen Mitchell, plays for the Hilltop Hawks 11 year old team. Thanks for listening.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 11-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Ocho Cinco to the Hall of Shame

Sorry, stillers - I'm going to have to close this thread. I think members can clearly see that there is a recent post in the Ocho Stinko thread and if they want to read it, that is up to them. Gary and I thought it best a few months back to keep all of the CJ-related topics in one thread so as not to clutter up this forum with CJ threads. I think it has been clearly shown a bazillion times this season already what a self-serving jackass he is.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread