Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886
Default Steelers not the Same Team Either!!!

Every where I look. Every NFL Site or TV show I watch the same thing is said; the Cleveland Browns are not the same team they were in week 1 against the Steelers. What i say to that is why aren't they. The only team they played with a winning record beat them buy 14.

Two of the teams they played were 0-8. I know they are putting up some numbers but until they play the Steelers I think the we should reserve saying things like, they are now the team that is going to challenge the Steelers in the NFC North. I'm not taking away from their good season but hold on a minute. The Ravens and the Bengals will be good again next year.

The Steelers on the other hand have improved in all areas and Ben is seeing the field better than ever. The defense is playing lights out and with Ward back at full strength the offense will be hitting on all cylinders. I'd say that you could make the statement that the Steelers are also not the same team they were in week 1.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Steelers not the Same Team Either!!!

Absolutely!! As Tomlin said, this team is a work in progress......I think the Steelers are like that nearly every year. They tweak throughout the first half of the season and then come out exploding on all cylinders at the end............just in time for the Patsies and the playoffs. (sound familiar?)
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

dont worry, its only a matter of time before the brownies are put back in to their misery:

PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #4
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDogFan View Post
Every where I look. Every NFL Site or TV show I watch the same thing is said; the Cleveland Browns are not the same team they were in week 1 against the Steelers. What i say to that is why aren't they. The only team they played with a winning record beat them buy 14.

Two of the teams they played were 0-8. I know they are putting up some numbers but until they play the Steelers I think the we should reserve saying things like, they are now the team that is going to challenge the Steelers in the NFC North. I'm not taking away from their good season but hold on a minute. The Ravens and the Bengals will be good again next year.

The Steelers on the other hand have improved in all areas and Ben is seeing the field better than ever. The defense is playing lights out and with Ward back at full strength the offense will be hitting on all cylinders. I'd say that you could make the statement that the Steelers are also not the same team they were in week 1.
first off, the seahawks had a winning record coming into cleveland browns stadium and they lost by 3... but the important thing is that they lost... we won and a W is all that's important. as for the teams we beat that had subpar records ... i guess i could ramble off how the steelers LOST to the cardinals and broncos but what's the point?
here's to a good game tomorrow!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
first off, the seahawks had a winning record coming into cleveland browns stadium and they lost by 3... but the important thing is that they lost... we won and a W is all that's important. as for the teams we beat that had subpar records ... i guess i could ramble off how the steelers LOST to the cardinals and broncos but what's the point?
here's to a good game tomorrow!
Theres only one problem, it won't be.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDogFan View Post

Since when did we move? they can have the NFC North for all I care, I dont see how they'll get it though
Old 11-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

The clowns can score, but they can't score against a D like ours...we will beat them up again....31-10
Old 11-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
The clowns can score, but they can't score against a D like ours...we will beat them up again....31-10
I'd love to rackup another 41-0 game against them but that might blow our cover of being under the radar.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
Their problem isn't scoring (though I don't believe they'll get more than 14-17 on our D). They can't keep the other team from scoring more points and that is going to be their downfall.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

I cannot agreee more steeldogfan and i also think that each and every one of our players is just improving game after game after game
Rhee Rhee is offline   Reply With Quote