Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2005, 06:30 AM   #41
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
Default Re: RB for next year

Well from what I am seeing, our only real holes are the outside pass rush (sorry, I think Porter is great, but maybe lost a step) and possibly RB if Duce is really that injury prone. (I still think his "injuries" this year had a little more to do with him being fresh for the back stretch run into the playoffs). I think after Bettis retires, that will free up enough money to keep ARE here for a few more years which will make our receiving no problem. Our young DB's are going to be very good starting next year. Our OL and DL are good for a couple more years as are our ILB's. I bet our draft consists of a 1st rnd OLB and 2nd rnd RB followed by depth players to bring up behind the vets. Maybe a Safety depending on Hope's injury.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:55 AM   #42
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

What about Penn States Hunt, as a possible 3rd or 4th round pick?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #43
slashsteel

Member Number:

If you have a shot at a Alexander you go for him. BUt like many have said I doubt he becomes a Steeler. We probably will keep Staley and PArker and draft one back.

I know people have their favorites. But Bettis was important to our scheme. It would be wise to replace him with a similar back who can do some if not all of the same things, Bettis brings to the table.

Quote:
I agree, I hope we get Lendale White in the draft, this kid could really be the future of the Steelers rushing game with Willie.
And I want this back as well. Like Bettis he is big and a goal line back, and still quick enough to be our power back on a consistant basis if Staley and Parker wern't available.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 AM   #44
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Staley will be cut, too injury prone. Bettis retires. Willie Parker will be back. Haynes is a FA. Wouldn't offer too much for him. Hard to say, we will be drafting a RB, more than likely. And get 1 through FA.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #45
steelcityjameser
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 827

shaun alexader is 28 and he wants a longterm contract. not just the money, but the return on the investment should be considered here. historically a running back's performance declines significantly after 30 years of age and i cannot see tying up that kind of money on a guy who could only give you one or two good years. big free agent signings are not the way of the steelers. they will pick up an economical value-added rb or build through the draft, the way they have always done it.
steelcityjameser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #46
DuceOnTheLoose
Water Boy

Member Number: 830

willie parker certainly is a good change for pitts running game though. get a few to the outside and then come in with duce up the middle. i dont know who they will draft next year, but whoever it is, we will still have duce and parker. so that would give us atleast 3 good RB if we draft another
DuceOnTheLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #47
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

We`ll loose our asses if we cut that bum Staley. Bettis will be gone. Willie we be back , but we need some depth! Staley has got to go.