Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #1111
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Steelers vs. Jets Gameday Thread - 11/18/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
We're still atop the divison by two games - I'm looking ahead, not back. Am I pissed about the loss? Damn straight. But what good does 20 straight posts in all CAPS of "We suck!" "Fire Arians!" "Bench Troy!" "We'll never win again!," etc., etc. do? Does it erase the "L?"
AMEN brother!

This one hurts bad, but like Gary - I'm looking ahead as well. It's gonna suck to be them at practice this week.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #1112
BritishSteel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
We're still atop the divison by two games - I'm looking ahead, not back. Am I pissed about the loss? Damn straight. But what good does 20 straight posts in all CAPS of "We suck!" "Fire Arians!" "Bench Troy!" "We'll never win again!," etc., etc. do? Does it erase the "L?"
Good Post - All you can ask from a team as lousy as we were offensively today is that they look at what went wrong and do something about it next week. If we can't then I suspect our playoff run will be short, but just as handing the Seahawks and Ratbirds their ass doesn't make us a Superbowl winning team, this loss doesn't make us rubbish either - we'll still have the #1 rated D after this game, and we'll still be in the hunt for a play-off bye if we can learn from some admittedly huge mistakes.

Two things I'd like to see, though.

First, Dan Kreider on the field more.
Second, that the O-Line are made to watch their performance on a repeating loop all day tomorrow.

Oh and how about some credit for The Jets - Their D played a hell of a game.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 PM   #1113
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
OK - so now what?

IMO they will beat the Dolphins & Bengals at home, get smashed in New England, and win in St. Louis + Baltimore if they need to.

So the Jax game probably is the key to 11-5 or 12-4.

Since i do not see a repeat of 2005, is one and done in the playoffs a successful season? I say yes.
I don't know what to expect really....The Steelers have looked great at times and then in their three loses they have looked really average......The only thing that has been consistent is the terrible Oline play and horrible special teams play..lol

I would think we beat the Dolphins and Bengals.....but I totally thought we were going to destroy the Jets today.....I just hope this team looks at the Phins like they're the Pats next week and they come to play......

Steelers Special teams beware Ginn ran one back for a TD today.....So he is another dangerous return man that could turn the tide of a game....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #1114
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The sky isn't falling down . . . . honestly, it isn't.

I'm glad I watched the game away from this board. To read some of the posts in this thread makes me want to HEAVE. Some of you really need to enroll in an anger management course if a football game is consuming your emotions like this. Holy sh it - I can't believe that adults can act like this over the team's third loss in TEN games!!!!

Suck it up - we lost and it hurts. We're still atop the division by 2 games (due to head to head wins against the Browns) and we're going to be in our own backyard for the next 2 matchups where we're undefeated.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #1115
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
AMEN brother!

This one hurts bad, but like Gary - I'm looking ahead as well. It's gonna suck to be them at practice this week.
I'd like Tomlin to tack on a hour per day and be drilling it into there minds that they won't just win easy against the Dolphins. They want to get a win out of the season.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #1116
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Well actually it is HTG

Since this team aspires to win it all, not just make the playoffs, the plan was to get a bye & not play on the road until playing New England in January After today that plan took a hit and the flaws of this team resurfaced.

It is clear this team is much less impressive on the road, meaning a repeat of 2005 is not likely. I cannot fathom road wins in New England & Indy (assuming the Browns, who have the "team of destiny" look do not win out and require the Steelers to finish 12-4 to win the division).

OTOH they have the QB for the first time since the early 80s - this year obviously is not the end of the road
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #1117
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

On a good note, I think the Steelers are done playing teams coming off their bye week for the remainder of the year.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #1118
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

[quote=Atlanta Dan;324911]So this team is 2-3 on the road and will be playing at least 2 road games in the playoffs (assuming the Browns do not win the division)?

Astonishingly shabby performance after the Townsend INT

Preacher - I totally agree with your lack of enthusiasm for Faneca coming back[/quote]

That is exactly why I am not excited about him coming back.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:39 PM   #1119
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:

I'm glad I watched the game away from this board. To read some of the posts in this thread makes me want to HEAVE. Some of you really need to enroll in an anger management course if a football game is consuming your emotions like this. Holy sh it - I can't believe that adults can act like this over the team's third loss in TEN games!!!!

Suck it up - we lost and it hurts. We're still atop the division by 2 games (due to head to head wins against the Browns) and we're going to be in our own backyard for the next 2 matchups where we're undefeated.
In some cases seeing my reactions, that's what I probably should of done. I was tired of trying to pick some people up. I don't care when people get upset over a call, I get that way to, but let's not act like it's the end of the world.

Here's to starting fresh next week against the Phins in our house on Monday Night Football. Let's fire back and respond to the adversity placed upon us.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #1120
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines0wnz View Post
On a good note, I think the Steelers are done playing teams coming off their bye week for the remainder of the year.
No one has a bye. This was the last week.

Now it's just a matter of having 8-10 days or just 6(If they play on MNF)