Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #21
Hamer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 448
Default Re: Ugly Win

Yeah Thank God for Hines.
But it's another sloppy (literally) game for the O-line.
In particular I haven't been impressed with Mahan.
To me Faneca and Smith seem to be holding this line together, but they can't be everywhere...

any thoughts?
Hamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #22
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

could you imagine if we had lost this game? omg this board would have been ugly..
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #23
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,199 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
could you imagine if we had lost this game? omg this board would have been ugly..
I don't even want to think about it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #24
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
I would hate to see what the Jags D-line would do to us right now. Our Line just isn't physical enough anymore, and or TEs aren't doing squat either

I really don't see how we will move the ball on them when we play them. We probably have a better shot at beating NE right now then them.

Lets hope we see some serious improvement next week in another divsison game
Depending on how the wild card race finishes, we could very well have to play a rematch against the Jagoffs in the AFC Wild Card playoff game. Not a comforting thought, is it?
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #25
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I don't even want to think about it.
Haha. I actually did think about that around the 4th quarter, when that Pittsburgh touchdown I was expecting any time now continued to elude us.

Someone would have had to go into witness protection over the field. Even though It wasn't really anyone's fault.

Bottom line is, we win. That is all that matters. Steelers v. Patriots on this same field would have been just as much of a debacle. I guarantee you that.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #26
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Like someone else said it. I'll take an 'ugly' W over a 'pretty' L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:12 AM   #27
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
Haha. I actually did think about that around the 4th quarter, when that Pittsburgh touchdown I was expecting any time now continued to elude us.

Someone would have had to go into witness protection over the field. Even though It wasn't really anyone's fault.

Bottom line is, we win. That is all that matters. Steelers v. Patriots on this same field would have been just as much of a debacle. I guarantee you that.
Yea even if we played the Pats it would have been a debacle still...But I guarantee you the Pats score more then 3....lol Ben was efficient out there tonight his 18/21 proves that...Brady would have been that to and the Pats wouldn't have been gutless to play not to lose...lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:38 AM   #28
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Yea even if we played the Pats it would have been a debacle still...But I guarantee you the Pats score more then 3....lol Ben was efficient out there tonight his 18/21 proves that...Brady would have been that to and the Pats wouldn't have been gutless to play not to lose...lol
I can't lie, at times the play calling is a real head-scratcher, but I can't recall watching too many games (ever) where I didn't at least once say... "what?"

As far as unseating Arians, maybe he does need to go, but I am certainly not going to form that opinion at this point of the season. The point is, its impossible to know what is going to happen from here on out.

This may sound ridiculous, but bear with me. This is strictly hypothetical and I don't know if I believe it, but this is why I won't write off our new OC yet, because this dance is far from over. What if we keep seeing this conservative play-calling because Arians, like Lebeau (and Kiesel has admitted this about the latter), is saving the "good stuff." Perhaps the Jets, Broncos, and Cardinals were all severely underestimated and things just got out of hand (remember the Cardinals game was lost on a punt return (which is almost why we blew the Browns game, the return game), the Broncos won on our "prevent" defense).

Listen, I'm rambling... the point is... we'll all be eating crow if Arians starts pulling out the most ridiculous stuff that catches everyone off guard against the Patriots, or Colts, or in the AFC Championship. Not saying that's the case, but its certainly why I'm not calling for his resignation.

Yes. The hurry-up offense may work, we could probably work some more slants into the passing game, but I'm certainly not qualified to call for his job. I know a lot of you see that as a cop out and infringing on giving opinions and whatever, but its true. He's the Offensive Coordinator, I am not. If we score one more touchdown all year and lose out the season, miss the playoffs, then I'll probably agree with you.

I won't though at 8-3.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #29
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

we really really really need to work on the slant and short passes. defenses are able to sit back and not worry about anything short, making it a lot harder for receivers to get open.. which of course has been the reason for a few of those sacks this year.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote