Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #41
AFC
Water Boy

Member Number: 6619
Default Re: Sean Taylor has passed away

Unreal, a real tragedy. May you rest in peace, Sean.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #42
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

My condolences to his family and the Redskins fans. This is terrible.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #43
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,309 Times in 3,647 Posts

The league announced it would hold a moment of silence before each game this weekend in Taylor?s honor and that every team would place his No. 21 on helmets. Redskins players will also wear jersey patches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/sp...hp&oref=slogin

This is a tragedy but every team wearing #21 on their helmets this Sunday?

It is not exactly like another #21 (Clemente) being killed as he airlifted supplies to earthquake victims. There are heroes and there are victims.

Leave it to the NFL to turn a moment of private loss into a PR exercise.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #44
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

This is just terrible....My heart goes out to Sean's girlfriend and son...Plus the whole Sean Taylor family....The Redskins organization...

RIP Sean Taylor...................
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 AM   #45
Lady Brave
Water Boy

Member Number: 7773

I just wanted to express my sincerest thanks to the members of this board, especially SteelCityMan786, who have offered condolences and words of sympathy concerning the loss of Sean Taylor.

I'm a member at RedskinsWarpath.com and I can't begin to tell you all how much it has meant to us to see such an outpouring of support from other team's board members. SteelCityMan pretty much hung out with us all day and his company was very much appreciated.

Most of us are still trying to come to grips with this horrific tragedy. We are still at a loss for words. Sean was a beloved teammate and we will miss him terribly. So say a prayer for us. Finishing the season will not be easy. We have a long road of healing ahead of us.

So again, thank you so much for your support. You guys are a class act. Now I know why I married a Steelers fan.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #46
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
I just wanted to express my sincerest thanks to the members of this board, especially SteelCityMan786, who have offered condolences and words of sympathy concerning the loss of Sean Taylor.

I'm a member at RedskinsWarpath.com and I can't begin to tell you all how much it has meant to us to see such an outpouring of support from other team's board members. SteelCityMan pretty much hung out with us all day and his company was very much appreciated.

Most of us are still trying to come to grips with this horrific tragedy. We are still at a loss for words. Sean was a beloved teammate and we will miss him terribly. So say a prayer for us. Finishing the season will not be easy. We have a long road of healing ahead of us.

So again, thank you so much for your support. You guys are a class act. Now I know why I married a Steelers fan.
It was a pleasure to be with you Lady Brave. You guys are great people. The Redskins in my opinion are the Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFC. You guys all reminded me why I cheer for world class organizations such as our own. I couldn't help but feel sorry for your loss. I felt obligated to help you guys out during such a time.

I have a friend I go to school with that is in fact a Redskins fan and one of my former football coaches when I was a 9th grade football player so this has been an unfortunate time for them, no clue on how they're holding up.

His family lost a great man, and for those of us who play football, we lost a member of our fraternity.

I'll be praying for you guys to do well, and get a spot in the playoffs.

Thank you, you and every redskins fan are in our thoughts and our prayers during this time

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #47
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The league announced it would hold a moment of silence before each game this weekend in Taylor?s honor and that every team would place his No. 21 on helmets. Redskins players will also wear jersey patches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/sp...hp&oref=slogin

This is a tragedy but every team wearing #21 on their helmets this Sunday?

It is not exactly like another #21 (Clemente) being killed as he airlifted supplies to earthquake victims. There are heroes and there are victims.

Leave it to the NFL to turn a moment of private loss into a PR exercise.
The Players of the NFL lost a fellow member of the fraternity, I think it's a great idea. No one deserves to have to suffer these events.

2 HUGE thumbs up to the NFL.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote