Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Randy Moss last night

Last night, Randy Moss didn't have a monster game. He didn't catch 4 TD passes, rack up 100+ yards...but he also didn't pout, throw a temper tantrum, or head to the locker room early.

Another thing I saw from him last night really impressed me. In the 3rd quarter, Brady threw to Moss in the endzone and was nearly picked off by Lito Sheppard, he just couldn't haul it in inbounds. He fell down and rolled into a platform behind the endzone. What does Randy Moss do? MOSS HELPED HIM UP!

I think the Pats have gotten through to Moss. I just couldn't believe Moss did that, I have never seen him help a team mate up, much less an opposing player.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Randy Moss last night

Moss is a frontrunner, just like T.O. is. He'll stay on his best behavior until they lose. Everything was peaches and cream with T.O. in Philly the entire season leading up to their SB appearance, and it quickly went to hell in a handbasket after that. Moss is no different. A leopard can't change its spots.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Randy Moss always has been a pretty good guy when his team is winning...but when he's on a losing team, he becomes disinterested.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I think the Pats have gotten through to Moss. I just couldn't believe Moss did that, I have never seen him help a team mate up, much less an opposing player.
I have to agree with Gary here. Though it was a shock to see Moss helping Lito up to his feet and that is commendable, as long as the Pats keep winning, all is well in Randyland. Let the Pats hit a skid and I believe you'll see the resurrection of the Randy Moss we all know.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I have to agree with Gary here. Though it was a shock to see Moss helping Lito up to his feet and that is commendable, as long as the Pats keep winning, all is well in Randyland. Let the Pats hit a skid and I believe you'll see the resurrection of the Randy Moss we all know.

I...concur.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Randy Moss was being Randy Moss until he took that shot that (if you watched the game) saw him stumble 3 steps to the side. After that shot, he didn't want anything to do with the pigskin.

So while Randy Moss may be a good receiver, he proved once again that he's not much for physical pain. My solution is to have Anthony Smith hit him the first time the ball is thrown his way (I'm talking the TJ hit from last year type). Then start T-ing off on Brady.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Randy Moss was being Randy Moss until he took that shot that (if you watched the game) saw him stumble 3 steps to the side. After that shot, he didn't want anything to do with the pigskin.

So while Randy Moss may be a good receiver, he proved once again that he's not much for physical pain. My solution is to have Anthony Smith hit him the first time the ball is thrown his way (I'm talking the TJ hit from last year type). Then start T-ing off on Brady.
Randy Moss needs to be sandwiched between Silverback and Anthony Smith.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Last night, Randy Moss didn't have a monster game. He didn't catch 4 TD passes, rack up 100+ yards...but he also didn't pout, throw a temper tantrum, or head to the locker room early.

Another thing I saw from him last night really impressed me. In the 3rd quarter, Brady threw to Moss in the endzone and was nearly picked off by Lito Sheppard, he just couldn't haul it in inbounds. He fell down and rolled into a platform behind the endzone. What does Randy Moss do? MOSS HELPED HIM UP!

LOL!... WINNING has gotten to Moss. As long as they win, he will be a model player. IF he is still there when things start to go downhill, I have no doubt that Randy's true colors will shine brightly once again.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Randy Moss needs to be sandwiched between Silverback and Anthony Smith.
eeek---we want him hurting not killed! LOL!

That said, I concur with others on this board. Moss and TO are good teammates when the team is winning and bad teammates when the team is losing. The jury remains out on Moss until the Pats lose a few---or lose in the playoffs.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote