Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #21
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410
Default Re: Moss is more valuable than Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
then how come they werent undefeated last year, or the year before, or ever? stallworth and welker are good players, but they are no more the difference makers than branch, gaffney, caldwell, or gabriel were/are, without moss on the other side of the field.
/

arguing if they will go undefeated b/c of Moss and that Moss is the MVP over Brady are two entirely different things. NE would not go undefeated w/o Brady. That's for sure. Your arguement doesn't hold any water IMO.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #22
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

If the Steelers could choose which Patriots player, Brady or Moss, had to sit out for our upcoming game, who would it be? Come on. I think Brady has earned himself some respect.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

If Brady gets hurt, or sits, the Pats are an 8-8 (alright, they play in the AFC East. make it 10-6) team. Moss has the ability to add/detract maybe 1 win or loss himself. Brady IS that team.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,756 Times in 2,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
I don't know how someone who knows football could honestly say what you are saying....was Moss a winner in Minnesota? NO. Was Moss a winner in Oakland? NO. If Moss is the show like you seem to claim, why is this Moss's first taste of being on a Superbowl contending team? Brady may have never went undefeated before, but it's not like NE didn't add Welker and Stallworth. Brady is a winner without Moss. Always has been and always will be. The same can not be said for Moss without Brady.
i cant understand how somebody who knows football would forget the 98 vikings. you know, the last nfc team to go 15-1 and the one that still holds the offensive scoring record. yep. rookie wr and td leader (17) randy moss. vikings were the favorite for the superbowl just like the 01 rams and the 07 patriots. randy isnt in unchartered waters, its just been a while. so long infact that many of the newer fans forget that he was and is the show.

anyways, anybody can feel free to actually read the article. nobody is saying moss deserves to go into the hall of fame more than, or before brady.

the league mvp is not a lifetime achievement award. moss should not be penalized because he is eroneously characterized as never winning a game before he became a patriot. brady should not be rewarded for accomplishments before this season (such as being the beneficiary of cheating). im sure he will be voted team mvp just like he is every other season though. and im sure the national media nut rubbin will continue.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #25
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i cant understand how somebody who knows football would forget the 98 vikings. you know, the last nfc team to go 15-1 and the one that still holds the offensive scoring record. yep. rookie wr and td leader (17) randy moss. vikings were the favorite for the superbowl just like the 01 rams and the 07 patriots. randy isnt in unchartered waters, its just been a while. so long infact that many of the newer fans forget that he was and is the show.

anyways, anybody can feel free to actually read the article. nobody is saying moss deserves to go into the hall of fame more than, or before brady.

the league mvp is not a lifetime achievement award. moss should not be penalized because he is eroneously characterized as never winning a game before he became a patriot. brady should not be rewarded for accomplishments before this season (such as being the beneficiary of cheating). im sure he will be voted team mvp just like he is every other season though. and im sure the national media nut rubbin will continue.
15-1 without the prize.....so what did that get Moss? Nothing. I didn't remember the 15-1 Vikings, and I'll bet alot of others don't either. That should tell you something. I'd say that no one remembers #2, but they weren't even that...........

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I remember the '98 Vikings. Randall Cunningham had his best season as a pro. Chris Carter and Robert Smith played a pretty big role as well.

Incidentally, Cunningham, not Moss, was voted the Vikings team MVP that year.