Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-21-2005, 05:21 PM   #21
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Has Maddox sealed his fate for next year?

Maddox was great, BECAUSE he replaced Kordell Stewart here, Hell Mark Malone would have been great if he had to follow up Kordell. We were so desperate for a good qb, so called Tommy Gun , the Gun Slinger should up, and we all went Ape Shit over him!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #22
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

The O Line Hates Maddox. At The End OF This Year I can sense these following words or words that mean the same coming from Tommy.

Because Of Problems I had on the field and my inablity to win games I have decided to retire.

Or From Mr. Rooney.

Maddox..............YOUR FIRED

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:59 PM   #23
Randle el#82
Water Boy

Member Number: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclanc
Baltimore can the stop the Steelers running game cold for some reason. To score anything Tommy had to throw. When we played them the first time this year Ben threw alot in that game also.
yes i understand that but why only let parker get the ball 3 times in the first half why not try to do 50-50 run and pass or atleast try to make more attempts
Randle el #82
Randle el#82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #24
theclanc
Water Boy

Member Number: 829

"yes i understand that but why only let parker get the ball 3 times in the first half why not try to do 50-50 run and pass or atleast try to make more attempts"

That is a mystery. I wonder what Bill was thinking and why he played the game like he did.
And please excuse my ignorance on this next question, but where was the Bus? The game wasn't on TV down where I live and didn't see the game.
theclanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:02 PM   #25
cpollock
Water Boy

Member Number: 790

Ok .. I have a question for you guys ... They gave Tommy a $ 2 million signing bonus last year and a 2 year extension to his contract .. I believe that he still has a MIN of 4 years left what does that mean in the scheme of things ?
cpollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:02 PM   #26
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

Maddox will be playing somewhere else and we be carting him off of our field when we paralyze his ass from the neck down.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 AM   #27
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Truthfully,I don't think Maddox has really been that "good" for a while.He lead the team to a 6-10 season,somehow won that game against the Raiders last year,and got his ass kicke din the first Ravens game last year.

After this year,Turnover Tommy is gonna be selling car insurance again.

That 6-10 season was not his fault. That was the year we didn't know who was going to play on the offensive line from play to play. In turn everything suffered, running and passing. I'm not saying Maddox has not stunk up the place lately but that year was not his fault.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:33 AM   #28
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randle el#82
why did we let Maddox throw the ball 36 times?we dont do it with ben...i understand that they wanted to stop the run but we only let Parker run the ball 3 times in the 1st half and in the 2nd half we gave him 15 carries? i dont see why we stop doin what we do best and thats running the ball to let Maddox throw the game away for us

Two thing factor into this:

1. With the defense set up to stop the run no back was going anywhere. This is not the first time Parker has looked like he did this year. Everyone talks about his fast start, but he didn't play against anybody. Parker is fast and I think he will have a future as a change of pace back, but he lacks power to run inside. Power running like we are used to seeing. With the running game gone, now its time to pass the ball.

2. Maddox is not the fastest guy or very mobile in the pocket. So when forced to pass there is not a whole he is going to do. Take note on how Ben and Batch can get away from pressure, not Tommy. He had several tipped passes and sacks because of this. In the second half when he had protection he did better with his passing. Teams know that he can't get out of the pocket so they bring the pressure.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #29
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Parker didn't get starting RB carries because he's obviously still a little gimpy. Bettis can't (nor does he want to) carry the ball 25 times a game. Obviously the gameplan was to surprise the Ravens by throwing the ball to A) Take advantage of them stacking the box and B) Protect our RB's from having to carry the ball too much when it's clear they weren't 100% healthy.

I think, all things considered, it was a decent gameplan. If just about any other QB in the NFL was here to attempt to carry it out, we would have won by a couple TD's. Even with Maddox it almost qorked...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #30
steelcurtain101
Water Boy

Member Number: 833

i just hope that big ben can stay healthy he is the sheppard for steelers offense
steelcurtain101 is offline   Reply With Quote