Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-22-2005, 09:32 AM   #11
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: Running game not up to par

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
when ben is in the game a team cannot stack their line with 7 to 8 defenders to stop the run......and that is what is happening when Tommy whats his name is playing.
They know he cant pass the ball so they play the run all day.
That is why we threw so much against the ravens.
Unfortuently 2 things happend....Tommy cant pass the ball. and our offensive line turned into pussies......Although they might have been letting all thoes defenders through so they could sac tommy and take him out of the game.

That's it right there..........Ben puts the balance in the offense.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #12
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Ive never seen Jerome be so silent or on the flip side, so openly pissed off at Cowher for not getting playing time...since He's become a steeler so long ago. How many times is Cowher gonna apologize for not using Bettis more, or not pulling this player or that player, in hindsight.

Jerome is the last guy you want to have pissed off at you..the guy has given you everything..his heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears, and if he thinks he can make a difference..dont u think u can atleast give him the benefit of the doubt ????? Im telling ya at this rate, even if Jerome wanted to come back next year, Im not sure I'd want to if I was him..even knowing that I was a role player and wasnt guaranteed much time on the field... when all else fails and u have the chance to use him and see what happens, and u continously dont do it... its just not good !!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #13
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Defenses respect Ben! When Tommy is in, they play the run all the way!

I really thought that we had a boat load of talent at rb, before. Now I`m not as sold. Willie is not the type of back to take the heat of the qb. When the qb is playing well, he runs well. When the qb is not playing well he is not that effective. Seems to make sense, but great back still can run good enough to carry the team on days when they might be down in thier passig game. Staley is a lazy B*&(%! I really don`t like giving his guy a break, it just seems like he is here to collect a paycheck. The Bus, is a descent runner, but anymore on 3and 1, forget it. Haynes is healthy, let him play more, he picks up tough yards, I `m starting to want to see him with more carries. 06` find anither back, to go aolng with Haynes and Parker.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #14
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Haynes is good, but inconsistent.. 1 game he's breaking tackles, taking the screen pass for 20 yds.. and the next week he cant get out of his own way.

I like the way Staley runs, I have no problem with him..except that he cant stay healthy. He runs hard, breaks tackles, carries defenders...but u cant do that from the bench week in and week out.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote